~ 1200 diet diary ~ Cait loses weight :)

Hey guys,

So I've been a longtime lurker of minimins ever since I started my weight loss journey in January 2016. but haven't had the courage to post before!

However, I decided that it would be really motivating to make a diary and record my calorie intake (which I already do on paper anyway) and it may also be helpful to others who wish to lose weight through calorie controlled diet :)

I started off my journey weighing 10 stone 11 pounds in Jan '15. It doesn't sound like much but due to the fact I'm only 5 foot 1, I looked really bad without clothes! I was very unhappy with my weight and hated my spare tyre gut and I was determined to change. At the same time as this I was also living by myself in nursing accommodation while on placement and studying a nursing degree. I got down to 9 st 4 lbs by July 2015 and I was so happy with my progress and hard work. I didn't get to see my husband much (due to being at uni) and when he picked me up after my hospital placement finished, he was blown away!! Since then I have really struggled to stick to a CC diet due to the fact that when I was doing it before, I lived totally by myself so if I didn't buy unhealthy stuff, I couldn't eat it! Which was great! However now I live with my husband and dad and they always have delicious food in the fridge Which made it 10x harder so I let the diet go by the wayside for a good few months until Feb 2016 where I decided - enough is enough! I didn't come this far...to only come this far!!! My body has drastically improved since last year but I do still have a way to go to be at my ideal weight for my height.

My goal weight is 8 st 6 lbs so I have 14.5 lbs to lose. I would like to lose it by 27th of May (7 weeks.. 2 lbs per week) as its my dads 60th bday weekend away

I will be on a 1200 diet and also go running as much as possible (5-6 times per week) to lose 400 cals per running session.

Sorry for the rambling!

So I started on Wednesday 6th April (day 1) and my day went like this:

2 slices coburg cob (300) with cheese (406) *i don't normally use so many cals in 1 meal but I was ill that day!* smoothie (200 cals) 2 egg (129) 150g mushroom (33) 1 tbsp tomato ketchup (30) options hot choc (38) 200ml arla low fat milk (80)

= 1,216

Exercise: 378 calorie run (I had to run around the house as I was feeling sick and didn't want to get worse... I always run better in the house for some reason... Did 5km without stopping which would never happen outside!)

Thursday 7th April (Day 2):

100ml skimmed milk (40) 100ml semi skimmed (45) 1 sugar in tea (16) 6 Nairns cheese oatcakes (234) smoothie (200) 233g sweet potato (200) 1/2 tin tuna (71) with 1.5 tbsp light mayo (60) and 50g sweet corn (43) a lollipop (40) options sachet (38) and 200ml arla milk (80)

= 1,067

Exercise: 336 cal run outside. Took like an hour to burn that, I am not good at running long distances!

Looking good Cait!

I hope all is going well for you this week:)

Back