1200 plan + fitness=No weight loss

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by jack29, 27 February 2007 Social URL.

1. jack29

jack29 Full Member

:( :( Well I was doing so well and then I started 1200 calorie plan. I also stepped up my fitness...cross-trainer, weights, fitball, stretches etc daily (well not Sunday's) and my weight just wont budge. I find I am between 12 stone and 12 stone 4lbs, it seems to change up and down daily, and I need to get to 11 stone 7lbs:cry:
    I have kept up my water intake and take PH capsules to help with that department!
    Does anyone have any suggestions or advice please? This is really getting to me:sigh:

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

Register a free account with MiniMins and join in the conversation!
  3. yummy mummy

yummy mummy Silver Member

maybe it because you have bulit up muscle. did you know that mucsle weighs more than fat. maybe lay off the excersise for a qweek and see what happens. but thats what i do when i find that happening. do you feel like you have lost weight?

4. SteveM

SteveM Silver Member

Tell me about it! I have been at that stage for a while now. The only way that I can start losing weight is to back off the exercise, but sad muppet that I am I actually enjoy exercising now.

I am stuck between 11.4 and 11.8, fluctuating up and down. Its almost like my body does not want to know about losing weight anymore.

I wanted to get to about 10.7 to 10.10, but I seem not to be able to get there, no matter how much I cut back on the calories. I am currently around the level you talk of - 1000 to 1200 calories a day, and exercising regularly.

I seem to remember someone posting in here about exercising causing greater water retention because of the body's recovery needs after exercise, but I can't remember if it was in this context or something else.

I think we will just have to grit our teeth and let nature take its course - because I don't think I could go back to SS again. I tried that and failed dismally :)

Steve.

5. jack29

jack29 Full Member

Thanks for your replies!

SteveM....I am so glad I am not the only one, it is very frustrating though. Like you I have really started to enjoy the excerise so am very reluctant to stop, before I started the CD the most I would do would be to walk to my car:eek:

My clothes feel bigger on me and I feel more toned so I just suppose I will have to live with the scales not moving:sigh:

6. SteveM

SteveM Silver Member

You and me both. I have my fingers crossed that with the onset of summer and a huge increase in salad intake, my body will naturally lose a few more pounds, and when it had adjusted to where it is it might be ready to lose more.

Unfortunately for me, as of 30th April I will not have a job to occupy my time, so exercise may be an even bigger part of my life - I will be in the gym, out on the bike, etc etc

That's all goodness I suppose .... :)

Steve