120lbs to shed with Alizonne tightening

AliGal

Eating meat
So here I am, inspired by your successes at Cambridge, Exante, Lipotrim, LL et al. It's been good to learn from you all. Thank you.

It's taken a long time. I've reviewed the various VLCDs and long term results. My DH was concerned about the medical issues of VLCDs and I don't want to have full body lift to remove loose skin.

I had done other diets over the years but not maintained losses. I shed a stone slowly by eating paleo style - caveman low carb. At that rate, it would take 5+years....

Then I met two people this autumn, one of whom lost 7st and another 5st in as many months, and they look great. They felt the key was weekly ultrasound and endermologie treatments. Alizonne includes 5 sachets a day, with a salad from free list at lunchtime and veggies from free and 200 grammes list at supper time. Sachets include omlettes and some other foods as well as soups and drinks. So you eat daily and get trained to eat healthier foods. It is also supervised by GPs. I couldn't start until I had the blood test results. With the sachets, supplements, treatments, GP reviews and travel to the clinic, it's also a financial commitment.

With my DH's blessing, I am two weeks into Alizonne. Blood tests are repeated regularly - next one due at tomorrow's appointment. I decided that as I was committed to VLCD, there was no point putting it off until after Xmas.

I seem to be the only Alizonner on here - but as the challenges as similar to other VLCDs, I'd like to declare my commitment and join you. Given how fat I've become, I'll be here for 7 or 8 months, before joining the maintainers!

Ali

Last edited:
Welcome AliGal. I'm on Slim and Save (similar but 3/4 packs and veggies / salad) but no treatments. My skin was naturally tight when I lost weight on a VLCD 6 years ago so I'm hoping for the same again. I would love a boob reduction though if I'm honest as I hate my F cup, saggy boobs. 36D and pert would be perfect I think :). Time to decide about that when I'm at goal and maintaining.

I know what you mean about it taking years on other diets, and that's definitely why I'm doing a VLCD. I need quick results to keep me motivated and I need a break from food and alcohol as I just over indulge all the time if I do a 'normal' diet where I have choice.

The experiences with VLCDs are pretty much the same regardless of what one you do so just keep lurking on the other boards and asking questions. Good luck!

I was looking around the internet and found that doing weight's can stop any excess skin and keeps you more toned. I was planning on starting weights anyway so it's perfect timing!

Hi Aligal and everyone else on the VLCD route to weight loss. Like most people, I also tried various other diets over the years but what I particularly like about the VLCD method is that one can forget all about food. I was totally fed up with overeating, thinking about calories, choosing healthy options etc etc. Opening a sachet has none of those and at this point in my life, it truly feels like the easiest option. In fact, I'd go further, I think if you can hack the first week, the VLCD is almost liberating (that's possibly the ketosis euphoria talking there, but hey, that's ok too). I like that I can forget about food and all that that entails!

Good luck to everyone following the VLCD route to weightloss!

Last edited:
You know I've been wondering that same question for months and never actually asked it. I knew it was someone partner though.

So many acronyms like DH etc....I learnt them reading Flylady emails. i love Flylady. She's about sorting out your house and keeping it sorted 15 minutes at a time. I've just moved stuff from the flat I had when I worked weeks in London - so am wading through boxes etc. And tomorrow I need to start working again (at home). Not sure how I'm going to work and sort out the boxes.....allocate time to each job, I spose.

So my Day 15 weigh in on Friday was 1.5kg shed. So 1/2lb short of a stone in two weeks. Yea!

Still on track - and not feeling hungry or deprived. I've even been paying for petrol on the long trips to see my ma in law and mum and never wavered over goodies at the till. Go Me!`

Ali

Well done! Feels good to see the stones slip away doesn't it! xx

It does feel good, BordersGirl. I shed 13.5lbs in the first two weeks. I WI during the day and keep drinking the water, as I've decided I won't restrict water before my weigh ins. My WI day isnt always the same day due to my other commitments. To have lower water one day in seven before WI to get a better weekly result doesn't make sense to me as my real goal is getting to 11 stone something. So my official WIs are prob 1lb or so higher than my first thing weight.

My goal is flexible - I was 12 stone at 18 years old - so we need to see how I look at the lower weights.

I've been away visiting my Mum in Law (aka as MIL) and my Mum. I checked my home scales this am, and am really excited ....It's Day 19 and I'm below 20 stone -279.4. I've put this as 280lbs in my profile. And I'm satisfied. No hunger. Yea!

Have a great week everyone,

Ali

Another Alizonner!!
Me and OH are on Alizonne, have been since end of October..hoping to start phasing off soon, as we need to be done by March.
Iv slipped off the wagon over xmas and have only lost 3lbs in just under 2 weeks :'(

I hope you succeed in your VLCD xx

I considered Alizonne but the price and the fact you have to go to the clinics etc. I can't get anywhere in the week! Is it worth the money?

Giza said:
Hi Aligal and everyone else on the VLCD route to weight loss. Like most people, I also tried various other diets over the years but what I particularly like about the VLCD method is that one can forget all about food. I was totally fed up with overeating, thinking about calories, choosing healthy options etc etc. Opening a sachet has none of those and at this point in my life, it truly feels like the easiest option. In fact, I'd go further, I think if you can hack the first week, the VLCD is almost liberating (that's possibly the ketosis euphoria talking there, but hey, that's ok too). I like that I can forget about food and all that that entails!

Good luck to everyone following the VLCD route to weightloss!

This sounds like I wrote it. I also feel truly liberated doing a vlcd. I overeat constantly and for emotional reasons. I need to lose weight to get fertility treatment and I forever sabotaging myself . So here I am :)

Good luck all x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Fabulous incentive to stay on track Katie xx

Good luck Katie, it sounds like your head is in the right place - it might not be with actual food (mine wasn't!). It's just one day, I keep telling myself - cliched but true, one day at a time!

I agree my problem isn't the food per say it's me I need to address my inner food loving demons ... One hour and one day at a time

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Kate 7590:
Fab to find another Alizonner on here. I like the extra activity here so post here and on the Alizonne Forum. I also post on Mumsnet as that was one of the few places I found to hear success and failure stories on Alizonne before I started.

Someone asked was it worth the cost. I think so. I talked to a great friend who did LL. Her group has almost all lapsed. I think the leverage of the costs and the weekly one to one chat whilst having the treatment helps Alizonners. Also a critical thing for me, as I have over 100lbs to shed, is the skin tightening treatments. It will reduce the amount of loose skin. As I'm over 50, I prob will still have some, but wont need surgery. I do realise that success is keeping it off. The weightloss is just the start of success.

KatieBaby:
I recommend you find an experienced hynotherapist to assist you in sorting out the self sabotage. I saw someone before I had chosen Alizonne. I do think it was helpful. Someone who has worked with lost of people who are overweight.

And also look at the Beck Solution, and work through it as you transition off your vlcd. And in a belts and braces, maybe get the I can help you get thin CD or another hypnotherapy CD/MP3 to support you post vlcd.

Good luck everyone,

Ali

How much have you lost now Aligal? I'm considering doing some hypnotherapy when I've finished as I know that the difficult part starts with maintenance.

Back