Step 1 Sole Source + 12lb in 4 weeks

d1985

Disappointed I haven't hit a stone in my first month :( does anyone else lose at a slower rate than what seems to be everyone else? CWPC has suggested introducing some exercise now. I have mixed SS and SS+ and been 100% on plan.

Don't be disappointed, 12lb in 4 weeks is a fantastic weight loss, I have just taken up riding my push bike, I did 5 miles yesterday, you can start light exercise but nothing too hard. Every person is different, some loose lots and others dribs and drabs, I seem to be sticking now at around the 3lb a week loss..xx

Thank you, I know I wouldn't have lost this much on ww/sw it's just not been as dramatically fast as I had hoped, 12 a month would be good still so hopefully it's just settling into a pattern. Thank you for your reply. I do wonder sometimes if its the bigger losers that post more in celebration x

I love mountain biking with my hubby, put that on hold when I started but think I could introduce that again, I wonder how to balance the calories used with the intake as heard you can put body in starvation mode. Maybe stick with small local rides for now til I'm on step 3...miss forest rides though! X

d, I am taking it easy too on the bike, I went out on Sunday for 15-20 min only and did 5 miles, I dont want to do too much...you should start it up little at a time, until like you say you move up the plans to more cals and then you can ride for a little longer. Your goal weight is the same as mine too I notice, I had my 6th weigh in tonight and lost another 3lb, it seems to be the norm now does the weekly 3lb loss for me. x

Disappointed I haven't hit a stone in my first month :( does anyone else lose at a slower rate than what seems to be everyone else? CWPC has suggested introducing some exercise now. I have mixed SS and SS+ and been 100% on plan.

Hi D,

I am similar in weight and height to you, started on the 14th May and so far have lost 16 pounds... Which I thought was pretty slow, compared to some others who post. But I think it seems to be about average to loose 3-4lb's per week.

I know one week I only lost one pound, which was really tough to take, but over all I think I am averaging around 3lbs per week.

Hope this helps?

I think your weight losses are great - yes some peoples are a lot more but a lot of them (me included) have significantly more weight to lose. I had about 10 stone to lose so would expect bigger losses - I wonder if you looked at it as percentage of body weight lost then it might balance out a bit?
Just looked at your stats briefly and in the first 4 weeks with 12 lbs you lost 23.5% of your target weight lose. With my first 4 weeks loss (29lbs) I lost 23.02% of my target loss, so although my figures look bigger percentage wise they are very similar?

Hope this helps ;-)

May, it is good to know there is someone on a similar track to me, I sometimes wonder if the bigger losers are more prominant because they post more of their success (not bragging I mean, just don't feel dissapointed like I did which would maybe make some people stay quiet?!). Bessie I never looked at it that way before, thank you for that, makes me feel a lot better and does make it even out with others afterall :) I will definitely keep an eye on percentages when I comparte with others! Thanks so much x

Back