1500 calarie diet, how safe

mrtc

Right ive lost quite abit of weight but, i want to be 10 stone, im 11 stone 2.

A friend who works at a gymm recons i should go from 2000 calarie to 1000 calaries a day, now ive decided that 1000 calaries is not enough, but 1500 sounds a healthy comprimise.

Is it safe, as ive heard it gives big results quick

Instead of messing around picking a number of calories at random, go online and find a BMR calculator. This will tell you the basic number of calories your body needs to function based on age, gender, weight and activity level. Then aim for 500 calories a day less than that which should enable you to lose about a pound a week. This is a much more sustainable way to lose weight ;)

My fitness pal does it aswell,u say how much u want to loose and it tells u calories, app market,Its free :)

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using MiniMins

Did the fitnespal thing, it said 1360 calaries would bring 2 pound weightloss per week but

I think thats not enough for me, from 1st of jan im going to go down to 1500 calaries but will limit that to just 1 month then will go back to 2000.

2000 is normal though isn't it, so it's not really a calorie deficit? With your BMI so close to 25, 2lbs a week is probably a bit unlikely for you now, you lose less the closer to goal you are. So I'd probably tell myfitnesspal to calculate for a 1lb a week loss for you. It needs to be sustainable so don't go lower than you feel comfortable with :)

Starting today, im on 1500 calaries till february,then 2000 afterwards.
think 2500 is normal for a man but im probily wrong lol

Oh, I didn't realise you were a man, sorry! So many women on here I just assume now unless it's obvious haha Yeah as a man I'd probably stick to 1700/1800 as a minimum really

Didnt last long on 1500 calories, it made me feel angry and hungry,

Am so much happier back on 2000, i honestly dont understand how some people can survive on diets with less than 2000 calories, to me thats the bare minimum unless i was doing it wrong

I'm on a 600-800 cal a day diet and it's going ok... but I have a lot more to lose and it's recommended not to do too much activity like gym sessions during the first two weeks.

Have you considered low-gi? The way it keeps you feeling full for longer means you can do with fewer cals. That's not what I'm on now, though.

I dont think 1500 is enough personally for a bloke who isnt exactly overweight, and its 2500 calories recommended for a man.

Your BMI is in the normal range, so- if you create a large calorie deficit i am pretty confident a LOT of the weight lost will be lean tissue.

A lot of it depends on exercise levels though, im on about 3000 calories now, and seem to be stable weightwise..

Back