Extra Easy 18st1&1/2lb start, 10st7lb target

nailqueen

Hi, I'm a 31 year old mother of 2 children and 1 dog, I live with my partner and I'm a qualified nail technician.
I joined slimming world a week and a half ago after my 5yo saw a pic of me 4 years ago and didn't recognise me as I was nice and slim then! It shocked me into realising just how much weight I've put on.
I struggled with anorexia and bulimia for 14 years so have never had an healthy relationship with food, I've buried my head in the sand when it came to my weight the last few years, excusing it on medications, illness, etc when the reality is I ate very little fruit, veg and salad, fried everything, regularly ate fry-ups for breakfast and ordered takeout or nipped in maccy d's more than a few times a week. I also drank far too much alcohol and snacked on crisps and chocolate a lot.
I had my first weigh in last Wednesday and had lost 7.5lbs, taking me down to 17st8lbs. This week so far I've managed to stick to plan (no idea how I resisted chippy Friday, maccy's yesterday and a fry up this morning but I did!) I know I've a long, long way to go, but I am fed up of being overweight and feeling self conscious and embarrassed by my weight and I'm trying to look at it as a lifestyle change.
My job is very sedentary and I avoid the gym at all costs, but as I'd like to genuinely be healthy as well as slim, I know I will need to build some exercise in as well, I've began with walking the kids on the school run and taking the dog out for longer walks, I'm also thinking of getting an exercise bike as I'm not confident enough to be seen outside exercising at the moment - hopefully if I can build my stamina up behind closed doors, as that increases and my weight drops I will have the confidence to exercise in front of others.
I've had to cut out alcohol altogether at the moment as I tend to drink to get drunk and wouldn't stop after just one or two (I have bipolar with psychosis so shouldn't really be drinking anyway as it exacerbates my illness and interferes with medications).
I really, really hope my positive attitude sticks with me, I want this so bad. I'm a group member, so I have that support and accountability there and I signed up for 12 weeks so I don't give up after a few weeks. I've started this diary so I can track my progress, ramble about the plan and food and vent if I'm struggling without boring my partner, kids, family and friends!
Xxx

Hello and welcome!

You already sound like you're doing brilliantly and your loss was fantastic!! The little things to start off like walking to school with the kids etc will get you there, and I think that the exercise bike is a great idea too, anything you can do yourself to build your confidence up is wonderful.
This is a wonderful forum with lots of lovely recipes, tips and some great members and I truly would be lost without it. My consultant at my class is always on about writing everything down and that when people go off track it's quite often because they haven't written things down and just guessed. This is the place for it all, keeps you totally focused.
I also have done a 12 week countdown, and it definitely does keep you focused. It's a lovely group in the slimming world section on here, so if you fancy it have a look at the challenges, they're monthly/quarterly and see if you want to push yourself (it keeps me motivated and gives me a positive mental attitude!) there's one just about to start for July/August/September.

Ruth
x

Ooh that sounds like a really good idea! The accountability is definitely keeping me on track so it would only be a good thing! I will have a look when I'm home from work, thanks for the lovely welcome Ruth

Claire x

Second weigh in last night - another 5lb off my jeans are feeling looser too! So chuffed, can't quite believe I'm sticking to plan, I'm never really hungry and the weights coming off!
My goal for this week is one and half lb - this would give me my stone award, anything else is a bonus.
I had slimming world chicken tikka masala last night after weigh in and this morning 2 hifi light bars and a muller light. I'm just about to snack on an apple and a tangerine, then I'll have salad no dressing and slices of ham for lunch. For dinner I think it will be slimming world chilli burgers, more salad and slimming world chips. Not decided on my syns for today yet x

This weekend I have stepped away from the ready meals! Haha, Friday I made slimming world chilli burgers, sw chips and mushrooms and onion, last night I did sw Cajun chicken and mixed some quark in mine to take the edge off the spice and today I'm cooking a sw roast chicken dinner with roast potatoes (hope they're as yummy as the sw chips!) carrots, cauliflower and broccoli. I'm gonna have 1 stuffing ball, 1 small Yorkshire pudding and 200ml of gravy which totals 8 syns. If I'm peckish later in gonna make syn free pancakes using eggs and quark and have with a muller light and fruit.
On Friday my OH agreed to have chilli burgers but didn't want sw chips..........he tried one of mine when they were ready and he was gutted he'd opted for deep fried he loved the burgers too! Last night he polished off all the Cajun chicken that was leftover...........he could do with losing a bit of weight too so I'm hoping he keeps enjoying what I'm cooking. Just need to get the kids converted! They're by no means overweight but I'd like them to grow up with a healthier relationship with food than I did. Feels good getting through another weekend still on plan as the weekends are definitely when I'd be most likely to fall of the wagon x

WP_20160703_17_51_12_Pro.jpg

SW roast chicken, SW roast potatoes, carrots, cauliflower, broccoli, 1 stuffing ball for 2.5 syns, 1 small Yorkshire pudding for 2.5 syns and 100ml gravy for 1.5 syns. Total 6.5 syns and I'm stuffed! Was delicious x

It's been a struggle to eat today, had a mushroom, tomato, spring onion and ham omelette for breakfast made with 2 eggs and fry light. I got carried away and worked through lunch (wasn't hungry!!!) so had an apple and hexb of 2 hifi light about 3pm. Tea was slices of chicken leftover from yesterday, a dollop of quark and a salad of lettuce, cucumber, tomato and spring onions. I've used my hexa of skimmed milk in cups of tea, drank about 4 litres of water and used 11.5 syns on a Crunchie Blast x

It's been a struggle to eat today, had a mushroom, tomato, spring onion and ham omelette for breakfast made with 2 eggs and fry light. I got carried away and worked through lunch (wasn't hungry!!!) so had an apple and hexb of 2 hifi light about 3pm. Tea was slices of chicken leftover from yesterday, a dollop of quark and a salad of lettuce, cucumber, tomato and spring onions. I've used my hexa of skimmed milk in cups of tea, drank about 4 litres of water and used 11.5 syns on a Crunchie Blast x

That sounds like a lovely day food wise!! Do tell about this crunchie blast- I am very interested as I love them nom nom!
I also love a good omelette!

Ruth
x

Well done you,your doing really well,I joined Sw February last year when I was getting out of breath on the school runs also when I got on the scales at Sw and saw 18 stone 8|b starring at me I was quite shocked and so glad I did this for me and my family x

Crunchie blasts are my favourite indulgence at the moment! Honeycomb flavour icecream lolly in Cadburys milk chocolate with popping candy - they are soooooo yummy!
Omelettes are my favourite breakfast, fill me up til mid afternoon and I save my heb for later in the day, I had 35g of fruit n fibre yesterday and was absolutely shocked at how little there was and felt like I'd not eaten anything.
Just had a muller light, an apple and a tangerine for supper. I really need to start building some exercise into my days too x

Crunchie blasts are my favourite indulgence at the moment! Honeycomb flavour icecream lolly in Cadburys milk chocolate with popping candy - they are soooooo yummy!
Omelettes are my favourite breakfast, fill me up til mid afternoon and I save my heb for later in the day, I had 35g of fruit n fibre yesterday and was absolutely shocked at how little there was and felt like I'd not eaten anything.
Just had a muller light, an apple and a tangerine for supper. I really need to start building some exercise into my days too x

I think I may need to get my hands on some of those eek although I may eat the whole box haha! In regards to the exercise, I go to the gym once a week (providing I feel up to it as I have bad knees) and I have a half an hour walk to and from the railway station for work. Could you build something small like this into your routine? Are you enjoying the school runs or have you branched to other things at home yet like your bike? I often feel like I'm itching to start stuff!

Ruth
X

WP_20160705_09_12_17_Pro.jpg

Here you go Ruth! They are GORGEOUS worth every single syn and I find one more than satisfies that chocolaty indulgence need!
School runs are going well, little man is like "I walk mama to school so she can get not fat" haha, bless him. I've not got an exercise bike yet - I keep being promised but I'm still waiting......I've seen some wii fits for cheap in cex so I am gonna pick one up when I go in town tomorrow as I've seen a few posts on here of people using them, my brother had one years ago and it was fun! I just have to make sure I buy the get fit games and not Mario karts!

Claire x

So, Tuesday, I had a 2 egg omelette with a small onion chopped up, a tomato chopped up and a couple of mushrooms sliced, cooked in fry light and hexa 30g cheddar cheese sprinkled on top - was so nice tasting cheese and onion together!
I had hexb 2 hifi light and an orange muller light late morning, then about 3pm slimming world Bolognese ragu with julienne carrots instead of pasta to get my 3rd in as I wouldn't of managed pasta as well.
I had a really light tea of salad (iceberg lettuce, spring onions, green pepper, tomato and cucumber) and ended up using every single syn on milk for cups of tea and snack a jacks while waiting for my partner to get home from a business dinner (wasn't my intention to use all 15, but those caramel snack a jacks are sooooo moreish! I've told my partner to eat them to remove temptation!)
I've drank about 5 ltrs of water (and my youngest opted for water over pop and a tangerine to snack on, made me so happy, feel I'm influencing him positively after just a couple of weeks making healthier choices myself).

Weigh in tomorrow, hoping for at least 1.5lb off to get my stone award - obviously I wouldn't moan if I lost more haha. I am a happy bunny regardless of WI outcome this week though, my bras have been feeling really big, so got the tape measure out and I've lost 2 inches off my back and bust going from a 44DD to a 42E! While I had the tape measure out I checked waist which is -3 and hips are -2! Another inch off each and I'll be digging my 18's out of storage!

So, Tuesday, I had a 2 egg omelette with a small onion chopped up, a tomato chopped up and a couple of mushrooms sliced, cooked in fry light and hexa 30g cheddar cheese sprinkled on top - was so nice tasting cheese and onion together!
I had hexb 2 hifi light and an orange muller light late morning, then about 3pm slimming world Bolognese ragu with julienne carrots instead of pasta to get my 3rd in as I wouldn't of managed pasta as well.
I had a really light tea of salad (iceberg lettuce, spring onions, green pepper, tomato and cucumber) and ended up using every single syn on milk for cups of tea and snack a jacks while waiting for my partner to get home from a business dinner (wasn't my intention to use all 15, but those caramel snack a jacks are sooooo moreish! I've told my partner to eat them to remove temptation!)
I've drank about 5 ltrs of water (and my youngest opted for water over pop and a tangerine to snack on, made me so happy, feel I'm influencing him positively after just a couple of weeks making healthier choices myself).

Weigh in tomorrow, hoping for at least 1.5lb off to get my stone award - obviously I wouldn't moan if I lost more haha. I am a happy bunny regardless of WI outcome this week though, my bras have been feeling really big, so got the tape measure out and I've lost 2 inches off my back and bust going from a 44DD to a 42E! While I had the tape measure out I checked waist which is -3 and hips are -2! Another inch off each and I'll be digging my 18's out of storage!

This all sounds amazing and you sound extremely focused! Well done on the inch losses and I'm sure you will get your 1.5lbs and if not that then more! Also I may have to invest in some of those crunchie blasts yum!
I'm still waiting for the size of my back to go down and I still stand at a 44... So I am extremely envious of you!!

Have a wonderful day :)

Ruth
X

Ah, but I am extremely envious of your size 14 jeans Ruth! Are you still enjoying the overnight oats? I am hoping to nip to Tesco after weigh in to pick some oats up so I can try them in the morning, have a change from my omelette.
My partner said last night he is amazed how I've stuck to it and haven't cheated or anything, but as I said to him, I would only be cheating myself so what's the point? I think because I am finally ready to do this, as in I accepted responsibility for my weight and realised I needed something to guide me towards eating healthier, it hasn't been too difficult to get my head in gear and do it. It helps that I never have to feel hungry, it's just a matter of changing how I cook and reaching for an apple or a yoghurt when I want a snack instead of a bag of crisps (or 3) and a family sized bar of chocolate.
Giving up alcohol is difficult, I know you can use syns for it, but I can't have 'just 1' and I'm finding it easier everyday and I feel better for it in general.
I've been looking at pictures of myself when I was a size 10-12 and comparing them to my 'now' pictures and envisaging how much more confident and comfortable I will be with myself if I can get back to that. Fingers crossed this time next year I won't be far off x

Oh I'm gutted, stayed the same! At least not a gain but totally frustrating when I've been 100% all week - knew it would happen, just hoped it wouldn't be so soon on my journey! Anyway, off to sob into my slimming world curry! X

Oh I'm gutted, stayed the same! At least not a gain but totally frustrating when I've been 100% all week - knew it would happen, just hoped it wouldn't be so soon on my journey! Anyway, off to sob into my slimming world curry! X

Right, no being gutted! I lost 1lb in my first week and went home in tears and also had a couple of maintains for no reason.
Your body is in a bit of shock- and you will see a difference on the scales next week! The perseverance truly pays off and I am sure you will be fine. You have had two big losses in the past two weeks so quite often it can just be your body steadying itself too.

Keep going, you're doing brilliantly, and enjoy your curry too!

Ruth
X

Thanks Ruth, I got home and was swaying between wanting to starve and wanting to go and get fish and chips! My partner came home and I had a little cry. I then decided I wanted comfort food - so I decided I will have my curry tomorrow and made slimming world chips. Not ideal as I literally just had the chips and no 3rd or protein, but it stopped me falling off the wagon. I have only used 1.5 syns today on dashes of milk, I may have another brew before bed but that'll probably be it. I've analysed last weeks food and I know I've been spot on making sure I get at least a 3rd sf and I only eat lean meat, anything fried or roasted is done in fry light, hex's always weighed or measured and I religiously check syns and haven't gone over so hopefully I'll get a decent loss next week.
I also gave myself a reality check - 3 weeks ago I was 12.5lbs heavier (that's twice what my youngest son weighed at birth!) and I was several inches bigger.

I'm now off to read your diary! X

Back