19y/omummytummy's weight loss and tummy toning journal! *pics on page 6*

19y/omummytummy

Hello all,

This first post is basically a repeat of my thread in the introductions forum, but I will update this thread with my progress, weigh-ins and temptations... overcome!

My name is Tasha, I'm a 19 year old mummy from Essex, and I've decided to loose some weight and tone up my body as I am still very young - As a teenager I do not feel that I should look like I do - which is flabby, fat and blatantly unattractive....

So I'm joining you loverly lot here at MiniMins; I have realised I need help :help2: - I think I am slowly gaining the willpower to change, and I really, really want to but I might just need that little extra support? You girls on here are an inspiration; I've been reading the success stories and looking at the inspiration photos and it just makes me feel a little bit better about myself and my situation - that I really can achieve that goal - that I won't be fat forever.

I have never really been a skinny person, which has always been a bit of a problem for me: I was a size 18 (I say I was an 18 - but my 18s were in fact very, very tight on me) at the age of 15, and except for a year after that where I suffered from anorexia and dropped to a size 8-10, I've never been able to control my weight. This has always made me deeply depressed, as despite aspiring to feminist ideals that women shouldn't HAVE to be size 8 stick figures with big boobs in order to be attractive, I find myself feeling completely inadequate and disgusting with my body as it is, and the smallest I can seem to get down to is a size 14, and even then I am so flabby and saggy - I just feel like I will never be good enough :( ... So what's the point in trying?

I've now had a little girl, and am struggling to loose the 'baby weight', my curves have all squished into the wrong places; somehow I have 3 sets of hips and 2 sets of love handles, and my belly is just disgusting... Of course it doesn't help that I am breastfeeding and that just seems to make me STARVING hungry ALL THE TIME It's like i just have to be scoffing my face off, and I am STILL feeling famished! :party0051:

I realise I have to do something about my weight now, but I'm terrified of slipping back into anorexia, as it does seem to be all or nothing with me at the minute: If I allow myself to think "Oh, one won't hurt..." I end up eating the whole packet of whatever it is :doh:. However if I don't let myself eat anything at all, that does seem to be one way I can easily manage my weight... I don't get hungry if I never eat, but I don't want that to spiral our of control into an eating disorder again - Does anyone know how to free oneself from this 'all or nothing' mentality?? Please?? Help!

...*sigh* I know I need to do something and I REALLY MEAN IT THIS TIME. I am going to... Watch this space! But I really hope this forum will help make it easier; I have a size 14 dress for a wedding I am going to next month and I FULLY intend to fit in it!

Wish me luck! and Thanks for reading x

Okay, here we go; Bye bye baby body!!

I have decided to loose the baby belly. And as simply as that, I am going to.
What this will involve:
  • No more crap food - breakie, lunch and dinner ONLY (and a whole big plate of last night’s dinner, or 6 cadbury cream eggs / a packet of biscuits does NOT count as breakfast or lunch).
  • Lots more exercise (or any exercise would be a good start!)
  • The self-belief required to bother. I can loose this weight - but I won’t get anywhere unless I believe in myself and my ability to be beautiful - or else I won’t bother.
So here we go:

Today’s weight is 12st 11lbs. Goal weight is 9 stone. Weighing day is a Saturday.

Bring it on, Fat!

Good luck, drink plenty of water, and make sure your diet is healthy and varied, don't forget your breastfeeding your daughter. How old is she?

Nas x

Yeah you need to make sure you are getting a healthy and varied diet and drink plenty of water. If you don't do any exercise at the moment then I would advise that you start off small and work your way up. For instance, start off with a gentle half hour walk every day

Thanks everyone :)

Nas: My daughter is 15 weeks old.

I'm trying just to cut down what I eat really... I always get a good meal at the end of each day, but I've been told it may be better to eat little and often? The trouble with that is, I can't seem to stop once I start... so I end up just eating lots and all the time. :eek:

Today I haven't eaten anything yet, bar a banana -- and I feel in control! But I know I need to eat for my daugher's sake.. will go and make myself a brie and veg crumble in a minute...

I don't know how to find the balance between eating nothing and feeling great, and eating everything and feeling hungry?

Any advice?

Since I aim to stay motivated on this new diet / exercise thing thing and fully intend to loose the weight / tone up my mummy tummy, I have created this model to show my body as it is now, and how I want it to be at the end of all this:

Body now:

miniminspic.jpg

Desired Figure:

miniminspic2.jpg

(For I am too wussy to post ‘before’ and ‘after’ pictures - I might be brave and confident enough to post ‘after’ ones when I get there, though!)

I WILL get there. It’s just a matter of time
icon_smile.gif

I actually first put weight on when i stopped breast feeding but carried on eating everything in sight.

I think you need to have a plan where you eat set meals like you said in your first post, so you eat whether you are hungry or not, but what you eat is healthy.... I don't think you've had enough today cos you have to nourish yourself and your daughter.... don't not eat cos you don't feel hungry, because than your milk won't be fulfilling for your baby... at least have set healthy meals x

i'm just thinking if you don't eat all day... than when you do eat your going to want to just eat and eat and eat.....

Hiya, welcome to the forum hun. If its support, advice and encouragement you need then you have certainly come to the right place. :D

Good Luck with your weight loss journey. You have already overcome the hardest obstacle and that is admitting that you want to change and are making a positive effort to achieve it. So good for you.

I find that keeping a record of what I eat and when in my diary helps me to make decisions about how best to change parts of my diet. It helps me stay in control of what I am eating, so that I don't eat too much or all the wrong things. This may help you, so that if you find you are going from one extreme to the other you can see where you are going wrong and take steps to improve it. ;) A plan of a healthy Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner is a good one and remember you can snack on fruit, and low calorie alternatives if you really get hungry, so you don't have to starve. Drink plenty of water too, I find a hot drink like an Oxo crushed in hot water or herbal tea helps with hunger pains too. ;) Also like the others have said at the moment you are providing for you two so make sure you maintain a healthy diet.

Anyway, all the best for you hun, I am sure that you will achieve your goals if you give yourself time and a little patience. Don't be too hard on yourself if you slip, you can always get back on track too. Enjoy your journey and try to stay positive as your mood can really spur you along. And remember you are not alone here.

Take Care, I will pop in every now and then to read your diary and keep you company. :D

are you still your babies only source of food?
If so you have to eat sensibly going all day without eating is not the way you have already had aneroxia and you talk about liking the control you have when you dont eat I'm hoping that you get where i am coming from and i haven't offended you
just make sure that you eat enough so that it doesnt efect your supply
huge hugs hun and good luck
also i assume you arent expecting to get to 9st for the wedding next month ??
good luck again

Thanks, TimeLady! Good idea about writing down what you eat all day... I think I'll take that on and record it here :)

Today I have eaten a banana for breakfast and a vegetable-brie crumble (one kitchen experiment I won't be trying again! haha) for dinner. I feel pretty good :)

I've also stocked up on nuts and seeds (high in protein, low in fat ;)) for snacking.

I am going to buy the slendertone flex tomorrow. Has anyone got any success stories using these? Or am I just hoping to take the lazy way out and therefore doomed to fail!? lol

Hubby and I are hopefully going on a long, long walk tomorrow (weather-permitting) and he's supporting me on this health and fitness thing, so we might end up making this a daily activity :) On top of that, I've decided to join the mums from my breastfeeding group on their weekly walk from here to Holland, so I should hopefully see some positive changes in my body soon!

Thanks for all the support and advice, I really appreciate it!

are you still your babies only source of food?
If so you have to eat sensibly going all day without eating is not the way you have already had aneroxia and you talk about liking the control you have when you dont eat I'm hoping that you get where i am coming from and i haven't offended you
just make sure that you eat enough so that it doesnt efect your supply
huge hugs hun and good luck
also i assume you arent expecting to get to 9st for the wedding next month ??
good luck again

haha! No, I'm not that unrealistic lol I'm hoping to fit into my dress next month (size 14) but when I am 9 stone I'm hoping that will make me size 8! lol

Thank you for your concern and well wishes x

phew so glad hehe :D
was just a bit worried lol:)

a size 8 i so wish am hoping to see a 14 actually 16 would be good :(

or an 18 :sigh:

I posted this in your other thread:

Have you ever thought of trying Slimming World? I know they support new mums and adjust the plan accordingly. And it works! It is real food and fits in nicely to any lifestyle.

I posted this in your other thread:

Have you ever thought of trying Slimming World? I know they support new mums and adjust the plan accordingly. And it works! It is real food and fits in nicely to any lifestyle.

Hey Taz, Thanks for the reply :)

What is Slimming World exactly? Is it just a plan that you follow or a group or...? How much does it cost to follow?

Hey Taz, Thanks for the reply :)

What is Slimming World exactly? Is it just a plan that you follow or a group or...? How much does it cost to follow?
It is a group but you can also join online. The group meeting is great as it gives you extra support but if you do the online or postal membership you can get plenty of support and advice from here anyway. It is a really simple plan that, once you get into it, can be done without thinking. No weighing or measuring of food and so versatile

you CAN eat loads on slimming world and still lose weight, it really is a good plan, but my only worry with it, is it does not teach portion control, it basically allows you to eat as much as you want which can still encourage binging. (my personal opinion, i hope not to offend anyone)

Diane xx

Mmm that is what worries me about these sorts of plan: I am prone to binge eating... I tend to swing from binging and starving myself. Hmmm. Anyone know any plans or diets that would help me to overcome that particular problem?

I seem to be doing okay at the moment, just by eating very little. I am in control BUT I'm worried I'm not eating enough for my little girl (whose only source of nutrition and sustenance comes from my breastmilk). I need to think about my food intake and really come up with a careful plan... I might need some expert advice, though. So might try something like WW or SL anyway, and hope that the binge-monster doesn't come for me! :party0051:

Today's consumption:

Today I have eaten:

• Three bananas :eek:
  • A chocolate Ice Cream cone... :whistle:
  • Anna's baby Farley's rusks (4 of them)
  • Some nuts and seeds.
  • A vege pie, peas, wedges and onion gravy.
HOWEVER to make up for the booboos of ice cream, biscuits and one or two many bananas haha I took Anna out for an extra long walk (5 miles) to burn it off. Do you think that will balance out?? Will do better tomorrow...
Today's achievement: I successfully walked past the bakers without buying one of my favorite cornflake cake... or 5 (always gets me usually). I'm feeling quite proud of that :)

Back