1lb gain on ss??? :-(

Charlie Woo Woo

Silver Member
Hi,
I am strictly following SS, my 3 meal replacements and loads of water and I lost 13lbs in my first week. Im now 11 days in and weighed myself yesterday and I had gained a pound. I dont get why. Hand on heart can say I have not had anything else except my SS plan. I did start my period a day after last WI but surely that wouldnt cause it? I want to weigh myself again tiday but dont want to start getting obsessed with weighing myself inbetween WI's.
Has anyone else had this but still lost when it came to your WI? Its just weird. If I dont loose im going to be so disheartened.
I did do 2 exercise classes this week aswell, spinnning and pilates xx

No but I did sts one week despite being 100%. I found the week after was hard & I struggled & even had a nightmare about sts at next weigh in. Reality is that if you do stick to it it will lose & that your body fluctuates in all sorts of ways. Too much exercise makes you hold on to weight, but I'd say judge how you feel after exercising. Don't worry about weight, stick with it & it'll come off.

AnnieAnnie said:
No but I did sts one week despite being 100%. I found the week after was hard & I struggled & even had a nightmare about sts at next weigh in. Reality is that if you do stick to it it will lose & that your body fluctuates in all sorts of ways. Too much exercise makes you hold on to weight, but I'd say judge how you feel after exercising. Don't worry about weight, stick with it & it'll come off.

Thank you, I suppose I think im guarenteed a weightloss every week on this diet but reality is, like you say, you can sts. I should measure myself :).
I feel fine exercising but would rather not if it effects my weight loss. Id rather stick to yoga and toning classes x

There is a useful sticky about exercise at the top of the page & people do vary. On the week I sts I gained inches & it wasn't even totm. It was also week 8. My cdc said it just happens & I lost 4.5lb the following week. It made everything mote difficult though & made me resolve never to use the scales as on any other diet I'd have had a real binge week in response to such a low loss.

My CDC says exercise makes your muscles retain water hence weight gain rather than loss. Get her to measure you!! X

Colony said:
My CDC says exercise makes your muscles retain water hence weight gain rather than loss. Get her to measure you!! X

Thanks, I will get a tape measure and do it today. So frustrating lol. X

Back