1LB OF EXTRA LEAN MINCE

Curvygirl87

Silver Member
I have friends comin for tea 2mro night, i am making lasagne and salad for us, do u think 1lb of mince will be enough? There will be four of us xx

Yes that will be fine. I use that amount when making my lAsagne and it makes a good 6 portions. Enjoy your night with friends :D

Haven't a clue hun, sorry. It's not very often I measure ingredients - I just chuck in whatever looks to be enough.

You could have a look on the recipes sub forum though, or do a search for "lasagne". There will be loads of recipes floating about which will give you an idea as to how much you will need to use.

Yes that will be fine. I use that amount when making my lAsagne and it makes a good 6 portions. Enjoy your night with friends :D

Thanks so much :D

1lb isa about 450g. in a lasagne bulked out with veg it should be enough i guess.

Personally, I would do double that for 6 people though!

1lb isa about 450g. in a lasagne bulked out with veg it should be enough i guess.

Personally, I would do double that for 6 people though!

Wow now that would be a huuuuuuuge amount!! Can I come to dinner at yours?

I try to estimate 100-110g per person and then add veg to bulk it out and for super free. Wow double that for 6 peeps going to have to chew on that this afternoon.....:eek:

Wow now that would be a huuuuuuuge amount!! Can I come to dinner at yours?

I try to estimate 100-110g per person and then add veg to bulk it out and for super free. Wow double that for 6 peeps going to have to chew on that this afternoon.....:eek:

so 900g (which is 2lbs of mince) between 6 is only 150g each!

I do double that too. But then I am a generally hungry person.

I tend to buy the 500g of lean mince from Asda for me and my OH and we use that for spag bol things like that, we must also be super hungry as for a lasagne I would buy 2 of those!

Should be enough as it is not as though it is mince and potatoes or mince and dumplings with a little portion of mince. There will be pasta and loads of luvverly salad. Out of interest, what are you using for the bechamel sauce (please don't say quark!)

Back