1lb to go. Time to move the goal posts.

Zayna

I need a new target weight. I lost 2.5lb this week but only altered the ticker to say 2lb because last week was slightly less than 2... anyway, totalling it up, it all works out.

I'm not done yet though, I still feel like I can get more off. Hard to set a target. Anyone else have this trouble?

Well done Zayna on the 2.5lb!
How about looking up what BMI you should be and aiming for somewhere within that range? It all depends on your frame and age. Not everyone who are the same height (for example) would have the same frame, some are narrow shoulders and hips, some, like me, are wider and have size 7 feet! So I would be slim at a higher weight than a frailer built person the same height (if that makes sense!?)

Well done Zayna on the 2.5lb!
How about looking up what BMI you should be and aiming for somewhere within that range? It all depends on your frame and age. Not everyone who are the same height (for example) would have the same frame, some are narrow shoulders and hips, some, like me, are wider and have size 7 feet! So I would be slim at a higher weight than a frailer built person the same height (if that makes sense!?)

Thanks Cathy, that would be the correct thing to do. But I hate, hate HATE the BMI chart, I think it's PANTS! I know it's a guide and all that, but I just can't take it seriously. Long story behind why, in a nutshell I was turned down by the NHS for breast reduction because I was over the BMI limit and the surgeon apologised, saying he could see I needed it but couldn't help me.

So I hate the BMI chart.

I know you're meant to have a goal but maybe I should have a 'time goal', maybe carry on losing for another 2 weeks then try and maintain whatever I am in 2 weeks.

I'm 5ft 3in, but top heavy with no hips. Size 8 jeans, size 18 top. Ridiculous. How can I ever fit into a bloody BMI chart?

Yeah bmi is poo. My chemist is letting me do lt till i'm overweight. So I think i'm on my own after xmas. Maybe you should just carry on going till you feel right about yourself? Make sure you're comfortable in your own skin xxx

Fully understand about your feelings re BMI. They don't take into account that the offending parts may be the CAUSE of your being higher on the scale!! (especially with a size 8 lower half)
Hope you find a solution xx

Well done on your loss hun!!!

Would you now be able to get a breast reduction ? as it must be really difficult being 18 on top, you sound a lot like me when i was smaller i had to buy big tops but had a tiny waist and people that dont know how heavy they are etc just think we are lucky :mad: ... going back to your weight i think your right do 2 more weeks then think about refeed , you have done so well xx

Congratulations on the loss, you'll know when you're comfortable so just keep on til then. Well done!

Well done on your loss hun. If I were you I'd go back to the docs about the breast reduction coz you must really be suffering if you are so tiny lower down and carrying big boobs! You must be suitable for the op. Complain about pain in the back, shoulders and neck and see if the doc is sympathetic - if not find another doc! A friend of mine had a reduction 4 years ago and she was definitely overweight but had the hugest boobs - a J or K cup I'd guess! It has given her a new lease for life no longer having to shift them around and really eased her pains!

Good luck.

x

Thanks for all your replies.

I'm not rushing to get a reduction. I'm a big believer in not lying on an operating table unless you're ill.

And since I lost the weight, my bust has deflated somewhat - not exactly spaniels ears, but not bursting out of my clothes either. I've lost lots of weight from round my back so my bras are all loose now.

My back has stopped aching. So have my hips - I was simply carrying too much weight around altogether.

If my bust ends up round my knees, I'll go and get them sorted out but till then, sturdy underwear will do.

:D

Lol!! Mine are the same!!!! Pathetic really - I could do with a bust lift these days!!!

x

Lol!! Mine are the same!!!! Pathetic really - I could do with a bust lift these days!!!

x

Nah, just jack them up with some industrial strength elastic and steel wiring. They'll be fine. :D

Back