1pp Yummy Leek and Potato Soup

LottieG

Hi All,

I heart leek and potato soup and had been looking for a recipe that would keep the points low as a lot of people add milk to the mixture. I found one on Jamie Olivers website and yesterday I made a batch of it and well..... it is yummy! I have worked out that the whole lot is 10pp but I can get 8 servings out of it so it comes to 1.25pp per portion. I know that WW round points up and down so this would be clasified as 1pp per portion for a good size bowls worth. I had it with a medium brown roll which was 3pp so my lunch came to 4pp and was filling. I dont do small portions, I like my grub but I was so satisfied I didnt want my penguin bar!

Here is the receipe:

2 carrots
2 sticks of celery
1 onion
400g leeks
2 cloves of garlic
400g potatoes
2 chicken or vegetable stock cubes
sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
Fry Light

Peel and roughly chop the carrots along with the onions, garlic, celery and leeks. Cook with a few squirts of fry light in a pan with the lid askew for about 10-15 minutes until the veg has softened.

Dissolve the stock cubes in 1.5 litres of boiling water.

Peel the potatoes and cut into small chunks.

When the mixture has softened add the potatoes and the stock and season well.

Cook for 15 minutes and when done blend with a blender/hand blender...... nom nom nom!

Just thought it was worth a share!

I loved this soup when I made it - thinking of making it with a bit of milk to make it creamier and reduce the stock made up. Using 1 serving of 142ml of skimmed milk and then it'd still be 1pp per serving.

It is yummy though. xx

I'm going to make this tomorrow, there is a leek in my fridge just crying out to be eaten. Thanks for the recipe! :)

I've been looking for a recipe for this - my fave soup - so will be making this tonight and it will keep me going for lunches at work - thank you :D

oooh that looks really good, might just have to give it a go this week sometime!

wow sounds lovely, will try this at the weekend. xx

Back