1st aam next week, what are your faves?? not much to choose from I guess?

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by sophia-jo, 10 August 2007 Social URL.

1. sophia-jo

sophia-jo Silver Member

Hiya, what's your fave aam and do you alter it in any way or do you stick to the BOOK?? I need to re-look in my book for ideas,,, not much to choose from but I'mm looking forward to it either way. mmmm

what do you eat??

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. ninababes

ninababes Gold Member

not on add a meal but had a GORGEOUS meal last week which was low carb low gi....rosemary roasted pork with brussel sprouts and sweet potato wedges it was divine

4. sophia-jo

sophia-jo Silver Member

oooooh yeah babeeeeee!!! did you tell us about it?? I'm sure I read something like that on the daily. OMG, sooooooooo gorgeous. what I wouldnt do for a plate of that right now:eek: lol:D

5. myrtlemoo

myrtlemoo Full Member

Start Weight:
    18st6lb
    Current Weight:
    17st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st1lb(5.81%)
    Any more inspiration for us first time AAM bods???

6. skinnymonkey1day

skinnymonkey1day Silver Member

Diet:
    slimming world
    IDEAS

MCDONALDS, KFC, KEBAB,CHIPPIE LOL!!!!!:gimi:

ONLY KIDDIN!! I HAVE BREAST OF CHICKEN WITH BROCOLI OR CAULIFLOWER. FRESH TUNA STEAK WITH PICKLED CABBAGE, OR TUNA IN SPRING WATER WITH PICKLED CABBAGE. PREFER THE TOP 4 THOUGH HA HA !!!:devilangel:.

BE GOOD ALL OF YOU THINK POSITIVE. XX

7. sophia-jo

sophia-jo Silver Member

hiya hun, how much broccolli/cauliflower do you have? Also, what's pickeld cabage like?? is it very vinergary (if that's even a word) or is it sweet? I had my first aam tonight, I had 50g of chicken breast with one asparagus stick and one floret of broccolli, I'm getting hungry thinking about it....(I'd prefer the top 4 too):D

8. Ruthlet

Ruthlet Wants to be a loser!

Diet:
    CD
    I love aam

On days when I am at work I have my meal at lunch time as a salad - I have the "tastes like chicken" variety of quorn seasoned with chilli powder and black pepper either dry fryed in my griddle pan or blasted in the microwave for a bit served with lettuce and cucumber.

When I am at home I love to have a nice bit of haddock loin - I put this on a bit of tin foil and season with some chilli and black pepper, or last aam I tried some cajun seasoning and another time chopped chives and black pepper, and slice my 2 tblsp of courgettes over the top of the fish. Then lift the sides of the foil and fold them to form a little sealed foil parcel and bake in the oven for about 25mins - delicious.

Generally I always tend to stick to either fish or quorn on my aam as I am not the biggest fan of tofu and cottage cheese and I will always choose the extra 30g of quorn or fish over the smaller portion of chicken turkey ;)

9. skinny cow

skinny cow Member

are pickled onions allowed by any chance??

10. sophia-jo

sophia-jo Silver Member

My mouth is watering :drool:
    I need to find my booklet for the up to date amounts, but think I may look into something other than the chicken, although I do like it I would like to have a bigger meal :eat: your meals do sound DELICIOUS!!!

Do you find it hard to get back to ss after aam week? This is something that worries me. It's day one on aam for me and I'm a bit peckish now...maybe coz I'm thinking of food and not much else right now but do you ever have a problem getting back onto ss?

I hope my existing will power stays with me... you have done sooooo well. xxx

11. sophia-jo

sophia-jo Silver Member

oooh Ruth, forgot to ask, how much veg do you have, I know it says 2 table spoons but is that heaped or what?? I think they should give weights...I only had one asparagus stick and one broccolli floret with my 50g of chicken, I LOVED it but if I'm allowed more veg then I will have it... was scared of having too much incase I came out of ketosis.

xx sj xx

12. kurious_oranj

kurious_oranj Full Member

Start Weight:
    11st7lb
    Current Weight:
    11st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st4lb(2.48%)
    Diet:
    Slim Fast type stuff
    That's a good question of SJ's. How do you measure lettuce or asparagus etc in tablespoons? Does anyone have weights for the veg? It would be really handy.
    That said it's 4 nad a half weeks until I can add a meal, but still, I like to be prepared :p
    k_o

13. skinnymonkey1day

skinnymonkey1day Silver Member

Diet:
    slimming world
    veg

not sure on how much veg but you get the bags of broc and cauli in asda that you can put in microwave i have half of one of them which is really filling..yummy mouth watering as we speak.....:rolleyes:

14. sophia-jo

sophia-jo Silver Member

hun, why 4 and a half weeks?? Have you not started cd yet?? You have 4 weeks of Soul Source and then one week of aam.

xxx

15. Ruthlet

Ruthlet Wants to be a loser!

Diet:
    CD
    I really used to worry about aam too SJ - all you can do is stick to the weights for the protein and measurements for the veg and do your best to try and resist all other temptation (easier said then done sometimes I know!). As for the measurements for veg it is really down to estimation - I personally go for no more veg than I can fit in the palm of my hand while cupped which I am happy is more or less 2 tablespoons.

16. kurious_oranj

kurious_oranj Full Member

Start Weight:
    11st7lb
    Current Weight:
    11st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st4lb(2.48%)
    Diet:
    Slim Fast type stuff
    I was half way through week one...er so that'd be 3 and a half weeks, wouldn't it? Oh dear, I am losing more than just pounds aren't I? :p

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.