1st Atkins shop !

Lou*

Silver Member
Did my first proper weekly shop on Atkins today, might have spent more than usual but if i am honest i did treat myself to quite a few nice meats and snacks.. anyway my point

As i was loading my trolly on the the conveyer belt i noticed 1 thing .... there was not 1 item of processed food there at all.. ( well except for BF's pizza :rolleyes:) i had a full bag of green veg, a bag full of meat, some new spices and fish...

So how can anyone say this is a "bad" diet i do not know !!

I absolutely agree with you! It's almost impossible to buy anything processed, it's all stuffed full of sugar and/or starch. If you told someone what you eat, they'd say it was a good diet. Tell them it's Atkins and you'll get gasps and shocked looks.

So true. I go to the supermarket and feel pleasantly smug when I load all that gorgeous, fresh food onto the conveyor belt.

No more trying to hide packs of ready meals under bananas in an effort to look healthy...

Did my first proper weekly shop on Atkins today, might have spent more than usual but if i am honest i did treat myself to quite a few nice meats and snacks.. anyway my point

As i was loading my trolly on the the conveyer belt i noticed 1 thing .... there was not 1 item of processed food there at all.. ( well except for BF's pizza :rolleyes:) i had a full bag of green veg, a bag full of meat, some new spices and fish...

So how can anyone say this is a "bad" diet i do not know !!

I'm still an Atkins Newbie but I've had all sort of ridicules from families and friends when I say I've changed from CD to Atkins. When I mention that I do eat veggies as well they tend to shut up but Atkins' had a pretty bad press with mostly ignorant people jumping on the bandwagon that it is a best diet. I feel smug too, with my weekly shopping and proud to show off my very very healthy food choices!

Ha ha glad it's not just me who is proud of their shopping these days!

I just saw a weird thing in the greengrocer's. An old man put two bags of huge potatoes on the counter, I mean HUGE potatoes, about 10- they cost him £5! He was about to pay when he suddenly said, "Wait a second, I need baking potatoes!" and went and got four!

I wonder what he's cooking?!

Rae, when we are all slim and gorgeous and glowing with health, we will expect lots of shamefaced apologies from all those doubters.

boggins, perhaps he's building a potato house? Otherwise, goodness knows!!

Back