1st day. 1st meal. Will it get better???

Lisa-Marie90

hello all :D
my first day today and made the original porridge for breakfast, ive had 3 spoonfulls and really cant stand the taste :(...please tell me it gets better and the shakes and soups arnt as bad??

Lisa
xx

Some people dont like porridges you have to try all sorts to find out what you like its really individual taste babe xxx

The shakes, blend them with ice and put more water in them they last longer and the choc ones you can have hot :)))

oh they are vile!! lol, ah well the first week is trial and error i suppose so will know not to get them again!
ohh thats a good tip thankyou ill try that :). do you boil the kettle to make the choc ones then?

xxx

lol
God - i hate the porridges with a passion!! lol

And i didn't like the soups... i liked some of the shakes... but now all i have are bars and mousse!! I'm very very happy!!

We've all got out own tastes, so unfortunately, it's trial and error to see what you like (mmmm vanilla shakes!!) and what, unfortunately, makes you physically sick!! lol

Good luck!! lol

Lx

I did 14 wks ss on choc tetras & choc mint bars. Don't actively like either, but they're medicine to make me slim so as long as I can force it down that's fine :)

I did 14 wks ss on choc tetras & choc mint bars. Don't actively like either, but they're medicine to make me slim so as long as I can force it down that's fine :)

I absolutely LOVE that - "medicine to make me slim" - my god, that's inspired AA!!

Lxx

im guna have a shake for lunch and soup for my tea later, fingers crossed i like them im worried i might get a bit bored of just shakes.
can you have any hot drinks or is it just water your allowed
im on ss

xxx

You can have black tea and coffee, and i know that some people make their shakes with hot (not boiling) water (although I've never done it). And herbal teas (i'm sure there's a list of appropriate drinks on here somewhere - or look in your book, everything is listed there).

One person (pretty sure it's FooFan) - has a chocolate tetra and makes hot chocolate out of it - now that does sound nice!!

You do get to become pretty experimental with CD products!! lol

Lx

ahh okay thankyou...i wasnt given a book? just a little card that has my weight and measurment and things on...
ohh hot chocolate..mmmm lol

xxx

you can have herbal teas just not the fruit ones just plant ones!!

I had a really good book with all the Cambridge stetps - it's really invaluable. Are you doing SS or SS+?

I also make a hot chocolate with my chocolate shake in the evening. I think its something to look forward to and I feel like im cheating when im not
;)

Yeah I agree x

Lets us know how you get on with the soup have no idea what to buy now! first meeting with consultant tonight :) good luck xx

Ive just had the veg soup and its okayy the leek and potato is nice and the chicken and mushroom. The Chilli is nice just doesnt seem as thick!

Hello all,
I started the ss+ on tuesday evening,after my first consultation. I'm 13st13lbs, aiming for 12st, I'm 5ft9, and I've not cheated yet I just want it to get easier, I really miss food!!
I've been having the Apple and cinemon porridge in the morning which I quiet like, soup at lunch and a salad with soup for dinner, gonna change it to salad and shake though getting bored of soup!!
I've kinda stalked this thread and it helped loads yesterday when the cakes in the office were looking VERY tempting.lol.
Good luck guys
Marylee

maybe ill ask my consultant about the book then, im doing SS :)
to make hot chocolate do you just put boiling water instead of tap water?
just had the forest fruits shake for lunch..i managed to stomach it unlike the porridge...roll on tea time lol

xxx

ohh well done marylee, they do say the first week is the hardest so i just wana get through this week..i felt hungry since i woke up this morning and theres a crunchie in the fridge...how good am i not to touch it haha :p

xxx

Back