1st Day - Cambridge Diet - Sports

RugbyGirl

I'm on Day 1 of the Cambridge Diet. I’m revisiting the diet after a feeble attempt to try it 2 years ago. Life was pretty hectic and I didn’t have the strength to concentrate on it and the 11lbs I lost, I have somehow managed to find again in the last 2 years.

So I’m starting it today with a little more enthusiasm thanks to the added items of the Strawberry tetra pack and the porridge! I know this is going to be hard but I WILL stick at it. The only problem is I play quite a lot of sports now and I wondered if that is something I can carry on with whilst on the diet. I am an avid Rugby player and I also play netball, I also gym it, occasionally!

I understand that you can’t exercise in the 1st week, but will this be permanent?

I'm on Day 1 of the Cambridge Diet. I’m revisiting the diet after a feeble attempt to try it 2 years ago. Life was pretty hectic and I didn’t have the strength to concentrate on it and the 11lbs I lost, I have somehow managed to find again in the last 2 years.

So I’m starting it today with a little more enthusiasm thanks to the added items of the Strawberry tetra pack and the porridge! I know this is going to be hard but I WILL stick at it. The only problem is I play quite a lot of sports now and I wondered if that is something I can carry on with whilst on the diet. I am an avid Rugby player and I also play netball, I also gym it, occasionally!

I understand that you can’t exercise in the 1st week, but will this be permanent?

It's not that you can't exercise in the first week, just that you may find it difficult.

Go with your body, and if you find you are tired, or it is hindering weight loss, you may prefer to go up to a higher programme.

Enjoy your sports for the pleasure of it, rather than on the hopes that you will lose weight from it :)

On such a low calorie, it's not a good idea to overdo it anyway

Thank you for your reply. It helped a lot. I enjoyed rugby more than ...... well lots of things! And I am using the CD to reach my goal weight to make me a more agile rugby player. The muscle I cant lose, so im trying to lose the spare tyre that rugby drinking creates. ha......this time next yr I will have that England shirt!

I do 15 miles a day on my bike commuting. I find I am really hungry in the evening, so I have a light meal of chicken and lettuce or fish and greens. Still losing loads of weight - works for me!

Cheers Biffo, I played Netball today, drank like a million gallons of water, felt a little shaky and my tummy is rumbling, but other than that so far so good.....I think because I am so prepared to lose this weight and in a positive frame of mind, I'm coping a hell of a lot better. But dont quote me, im only at the end of day 2!! lol xxx

Back