1st Day - Just Saying HI!!

soshbfly

Silver Member
New to this board and thought I'd make a quick intro! Surprised its not a more popular forum as I know loads of people who have been successful on 5:2.

Have decided to go for it again - that is losing some weight! Last diet was in 2011 where I successfully met my original goal on Dukan. I did enjoy the results and the sustainability of the original loss but find that doing Dukan when not at home (working in office now) would be too difficult. I'm also finally ready to challenge myself again.

I"m going to do 12 weeks (at a minimum) of 5:2 with a goal of ~1lb average a week to get me to 169lbs by mid-May (have posted official weight as of this a.m. but other "factors" impacting and my normal weight is ~182 most days). I have a big formal event end of May so want to baseline about about 2 weeks before in case I need to take in any dresses :D! Then I'm off on a Vegas holiday in the Summer that I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to be around 165lbs (I've never been less than 175lb as an adult so this would be a huge achievement for me). Hopefully the flexibility of 5:2 will prove successful. Hubby has been doing for weeks and he's slimmer than I've ever known him - let's hope it rubs off!

I look forward to getting to know the others on this board. I found this site SOOOOOOO helpful first time around (as you can see from the number of times I used to post ;-)

Happy fasting all!

Oh, btw - 1st day looked like:
Breakie
125ml of egg white
30 g of asparagus tips
Coffee with 25ml skimmed milk

Lunch
1/2 tub of Glorious Squash soup
Zero Noodles

Dinner
1/2 tub of Tuscan Bean, Orzo and Chicken Soup (120 calories) - yummy!!
Zero Noodles

Snacks
A few small carrot batons
Melon/grape combo (100g)
Low-fat cottage cheese (50g)

According to MFP = 523 calories (pleased with 1st attempt!) No other picking either :)
Also managed 1 hour of aerobic exercise which I was surprised about - that makes picking my fasting days easier as I do like to go to the gym often!!

Hi folks!
Sorry for late reply - not getting email notifications for some reason.
1st day went a treat and am doing second day tomorrow. I'm all planned through mid-April on which days I'll do (I've got a pretty busy home/work/social life so planning is absolute key).
Very excited and encouraged so that's a good sign.
I've also told everyone at work and asked them to ask me about it each week so I don't get away with slacking :)
Will check in tomorrow.

Back