1st shopping trip

Rachel57

Hi all just been to my first meeting today and need to go shopping , should I shop as normal or change altogether ? My normal shop consists of veg meat fruit etc as I do cook from scratch but what about those "in a hurry " times ? Also has anyone got any low point "must haves" ideas that I should get ? I know about sf jelly , Curley wurleys and tinned fruit but is there more I should know about ? Any info would be fab ! Thanks rach x

Hya,

I am also planning my first shopping trip on friday, I'm going to get a few weight watchers meals for the freezer for quick fixes, I will have them with some extra veg to fill me up,

good luck

Julia

I got some frozen and chilled meals just for those busy days . I also did my shopping just the same as i would normally

I used butternut squash instead of potato,I chop it into chunks steam it then using spray oil,I roast it.its amazing! :)

Can make chips, do them on a tray in the oven. I roast mine, chop one length ways do it in the micro until softens then wrap in foil and finish in the oven, scrape off the seeds then eat the mash mmmmmm. I find peeling and chopping too hard but you can do whatever you do with spuds.

I always buy the weight watchers frozen ready meals for when im in a rush. get plenty of diet coke. sweeteners for your tea/coffee (i swear i love sugar and cannot taste much difference!). get some fruit for those hungry nights when you have no points left. theres often weight watchers tinned soup in the supermarket which is lovely this time of year. i always buy the small pack of warburtons brown bread as its only 3pps for 2 slices. iv just discovered the laughing cow cheese triangles extra light, i think its a purple or pink packet,. when i came to pro pointing these it came up with 0pps for 1 1pp for two so just remember to point what you use. they're lovely aswell. my advice would just to be shop normally but get everything light/extra light if you can! sorry if iv went on a bit i was going round tesco in my head whilst writing this! LOL oh b4 i forget the shape yogurts (whitechoc/choc/caramel) are 3pps each i stock up on these :) good luck!! xxx

i like to have a 0% greek yoghurt for 2pp with some grapes and fresh pineapple for breakfast. ww yoghurts are good to have too.

cous cous is a good alternative to pasta or potatoes.

i like to have a crumpet with some chocolate spread if im peckish in the evening and want something sweet, i find it more filling than a 3/4pp chocolate biscuit.

option hot choc is good for a sweet fix too.

ham and eggs are good to have for lunches or bacon medallions and turkey rashers

Some really good tips there thanks ladies !:) i knew about the cheese triangles which is a blessing for me as i love cheese and I'll defiantly have to get that bread as i am.missing toast x

I've been shopping earlier this week too, in my trolley there was

Loads of chicken fillets (from the abattoir)
Some WW meals for when I'm in a hurry
Fruit, fruit and more fruit
WW chocolate pudding - not nice :(
WW apricot / nectarine yogurt - A-MAZ-ING!!! And only 1 point
Couscous - 5 pt/ half a packet of ainsley harriotts
Loads if sugar free juice / flavoured water / pop
WW bagels - 4pts and yummy
Smoked Salmon Slices - 2pts for 60g - and sooo filling :)
Butternut Squash - will try and make chips later this week
Natural Yogurt - yummy to make dips / salad dressings with / with fruit for breakfast / in curry
Cottage cheese - 110g for 2pts :)
Beet root - I love it :)

Back