1st time mummy!

bear1982

in the zone!
Hi all

I'm new to this part of minis, so hi all ? bit of back ground about me. My name is Claire and I'm 29. I've been actively losing weight since 2009 and up to 6th April had lost 5st 7lbs. Then on 6th April I found out I was 6weeks pregnant ? shock set in lol! Wasn't expected at all but after a bit of time we are both delighted.

I'm 13wks tomorrow ? had an awful weekend, in and out of A&E but was given the all clear on Monday and now the world knows our happy news ? I am completely terrified as I really do not know what to expect and worry I won't be able to look after our bundle but I'm sure we shall be fine.

My eating has spiralled out of control and it is really really starting to get me down. I would describe myself today as a fat lump ? I really wanted to carry on with SW (which I was following before we found out) but I'm really struggling with veg and seem to want stodge. BUT I also know I can't carry on the way I am, I'm too ashamed to say how much I have gained in 7 weeks.

So I'm really hoping to get some advice from you ladies and hopefully pick up some tips ?

Sorry for the ramblings and congratulations x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Congratulations on your pregnancy! With my first baby I piled the weight on and didn't weigh myself at all (which I now regret) so this time thought I'd keep a food diary to keep myself in check. Good luck you will be fine! X

Thanks Hun! I'm going to start 100% on Monday, I have a few things on over the weekend so it's hard to be good then. But I'm really going to try. I weighed myself last night and it was bad but not as bad as I had thought, I've still gained far too much for my liking. I think a lot may be fluid too as for a long time I was drinking gallons but wasn't really going to the toilet any more than before, but now I'm never away from it lol! I'm really going to make a conscious effort to try and stick to some sort of plan. I have my booking appointment in 2 weeks so I've got something to aim for, although they haven't weighed me before it gives ME something to aim for. I've just been to asda for some summer clothes, well some tshirts and I'm already up a size so I really need to do something :(

Thank you! I will post a more active food diary when I get fully into it. On a plus note though I definitely do not feel as bad as I did yesterday, think the heat had a lot to do with it, and I've just picked up my new car so that's definitely put a smile on my face

Xx

Congratulatiobs on ur pregnancy iv got 3 weeks to go n put on abt 2-3 stone, my biggest regret is makin my pregnancy an excuse to eat crap...dnt make my mistake...u can do it, we r all here to help n cheer u on :D good luck!! X

Hiya hun , and congratulations on the pregnancy . Try not to let yourself get so down about what you have gained so far , we all have our gains and sometimes losses throuout and whats important is you and baby are happy.

I have followed slimmingworld on and off through my pregnancy and im now 37 plus 2 ive gained around 6lb now but that has been up and down the whole way through from a gain of four to a gain of about ten i think ..

try and enjoy your pregnancy and eat healthy when you can and enjoy what you have when you have it without pressurizing yourself.

good luck hun and were all here for you

Aw thank you all!

I've definitely seen an improvement in what I'm eating, turning to raisins and fruit for snack instead of huge bags of revels woops! And I have managed to maintain for the last week or so but I'm still about a stone heavier than I want to be at this stage. It feels like I've gained a massive amount very very quickly then levelled. But I'm not going to beat myself up about it, I have another 6 months to go and 6 months to "sort it". I think it's just been such a huge adjustment to go from getting the figure I was really liking to feeling completely out of control but I also know this is normal.

I'm getting that excited feeling looking at prams etc so that's what is important :):)

Hope you're all having a lovely day

Xx

Back