1st Week.. crap weigh in :(

MrsFatBum

Gold Member
I lost 5.5lbs

i worked so hard. did not cheat. did everything by the book so how could i lose so less?

everyone writes on here that they've lost 13lbs, 10lbs , 11 so on.... and me 5.5!

really disappointed. for a first week weigh in this came as a huge shock

Your body is individual. On a VLCD no set weekly rate is promised - rather, the promise is that dieters will lose, on average, one stone per month.

You might lose another 5 lb next week, whereas the faster first-week losers may lose much, much less weeks 2 and 3. In the end it all balances out.

Good luck!

Well done, don't be disheartened!! I'm sure next week will be even better. I think you should have WI in the morning it really does make a huge difference. I refuse to get weighed in the evening as my weight fluctuates ALOT throughout the day. If you can't because of work I'd change my WI day to the weekend... its worth a shot :)

Yeh I only lost 6lbs in my first weigh-in and that was after 9 days on the diet! But im seeing loses of 4-5lbs there after, thats more than others, not everyone gets that huge loss. You may be retaining water so you really should wait to your 2nd week weigh-in. Do not be disheartened! Your almost half a stone lighter, isnt that amazing! Keep going! You can do this xxx

Funny you say that I had the same though on my first weigh in on Friday. I was going to give when I got home, thinking people are losing like a stone or more

But just didn't give up handed over the money to get more food for this week I find it doing it week by week. Hand over money get your food and you ferl you have to stick to it

YOU CAN DO IT!!!!!!!

Just remember you only have to do this for a number of months and you wel look great at the end of it

Try and weigh first thing in the morning, with no clothes on and I think you will be shocked at how different pre any fluid your result will be!!!! Stay strong MFB, all will turn out good in the end xxx

Thanks for the advice girls. I think i will change my weigh in to a morning if i can.
Im just going to keep on going n hopefully it will be the same next week. I was just so disappointed for the first week.

But im glad to know im not the only one. Was beginning to think im eating in my sleep

5 pounds is wonderful! Most diets help you lose 2-3 at MOST so keep it up!

It's hard when you want that amazing loss in your first week to keep you going through what is a tough diet to start - CWP really does work though so, in a month or two's time, you'll be seeing a big change to what those numbers say now and the great thing is you're already a week towards that! Hang on in there lovely, you might have been retaining fluid or something - as girlygirl said people's losses tend to balance out so you might have a bigger loss next week than someone who would have lost 10-12lb in their first week!

How did your hubby do? Is he still happy to keep going?

My husband thinks its coz im not drinking enough. He lost 9.5lbs so very very proud of him. :) he definitely wants to keep on going so thats great.

Well its a new week and im just going to give it my best shot n see how it goes.

Im sorry ive not been giving u individual replies to ur lovely comments but you have all helped me so much and i cant thank u enough for that. Xxx

And im not great at doing this stuff from my phone so will get the laptop out later x

How much are you drinking?
If I do even a mouthful less than 4litres every day, I'm lucky to have a 1lb loss!
Keep at it - it really works! It really is worth it! I'm only half way through my journey and my life has already changed.

I think that 5lbs is a good loss and you should be proud of yourself. Whoooo regarding your husband losing lots and carrying on with the diet.

you've done so well! dont forget to lose 1 pound in a week you have to burn 3500 more calories than you consume! we're used to such big losses that we sometimes forget how much we've actually lost!

keep it up, you've probably just retained water or taken longer to get into ketosis!

good luck and i bet you get a big loss next week x

How much are you drinking?
If I do even a mouthful less than 4litres every day, I'm lucky to have a 1lb loss!
Keep at it - it really works! It really is worth it! I'm only half way through my journey and my life has already changed.

4 litres!!! i dont think i could ever do that!
im definitely sticking to it... but i do think next week will be the deciding factor.

I think that 5lbs is a good loss and you should be proud of yourself. Whoooo regarding your husband losing lots and carrying on with the diet.

thanx hun. yes im really proud of him. he bought me a bunch of flowers today and said that he's so proud of my loss this week... made me cry!

Don't worry about it to much. It'll get better and that's not s bad start anyway. Keep ur chin up

i know... but i just expected a better start ... but theres always next week. thanx

you've done so well! dont forget to lose 1 pound in a week you have to burn 3500 more calories than you consume! we're used to such big losses that we sometimes forget how much we've actually lost!

keep it up, you've probably just retained water or taken longer to get into ketosis!

good luck and i bet you get a big loss next week x

i actually went into ketosis on day 3. so i dont think its the ketosis. but hey ho whatever it is it doesnt matter.... just got to keep going :)

Water is tricky, especially if you live in a hard water area (tastes rank!) keep a load of small bottles in the fridge and aim to always have one with you. You'll soon get enough down you!! I aim to do at least 4 in a day. Black tea/peppermint tea/black coffee also counts! Any extra bottles is a bonus!

Well done on the loss btw!! It is amazing!!!!

keep going Mrs FB! try and look at the bigger picture and how much weight you're likely to loose over the first month - this should be a stone+, now that's something to look forward to!

Back