1st weigh in and extremely dissapointed

melissa85

Silver Member
hey guys,

well had my first weigh in today after being 100% for 8 days and ive only lost 6lb:cry: i know on any other diet that would be a great loss however you dont expect a loss of 6lb on youre 1st week of a food replacement prog. I was expecting double figures as i have previously experienced losses of 15lb and 11lb on first weeks.
I just dont get where it went wrong youre 1st week is meant to be the biggest loss.
Im following the programme completely 3 shakes per day and 3.5-4 litres of water and thats it. I feel so disheartened its been such a hard week and for that loss!!

help :cry::cry:

Melissa, so sorry to hear you're disappointed! 6lbs in a week is still wonderful though!

I did lipotrim 2 years ago for two and a half weeks. during my first week i was 100%, but when it came to being weighed i was only down 4lbs. FOUR! i was SO upset. the chemist accused me of cheating, which i hadn't. anyway, i stuck to it for another week, and the second week i lost 11lbs! so, i think if your loss isnt that big this wk, you are likely to lose a large amount next week. it was also my totm after my first wk, and i think that can affect it too.

don't give up! 6lbs is still brilliant!! :)

Hey melissa,
P;ease don't let this ruin it all for you, I only had a 7 lb loss on first week and was happy as it was 7lb lighter than I was the previous week. On week 3 I only lost 3quarters of a pound, the main thing is to break this disappointment and look at the bigger picture, you can do this, and the weight has to come off so you will most likely make up for it next week, hang in there for at least one another week. You can do this.

Were you dieting before??? Because bear in mind that firts big initial loss is water not fat!!! So if you were already not consuming that many carbs then you may not have had the water to lose!!!!

hey guys,

well had my first weigh in today after being 100% for 8 days and ive only lost 6lb:cry: i know on any other diet that would be a great loss however you dont expect a loss of 6lb on youre 1st week of a food replacement prog. I was expecting double figures as i have previously experienced losses of 15lb and 11lb on first weeks.
I just dont get where it went wrong youre 1st week is meant to be the biggest loss.
Im following the programme completely 3 shakes per day and 3.5-4 litres of water and thats it. I feel so disheartened its been such a hard week and for that loss!!

help :cry::cry:

Don't lose heart Melissa. You'll make up for it as the weeks go on. As the others say you have to look at the big picture. Are you maybe stressed out at the moment?? Stress has an enormous effect on the body and is one of the main reasons we hold onto fat. When we're stressed the body stays in "fight or flight" mode and stores fat as an instant energy source. Anyway stick with it pet and stop worrying, we're all here for you xx

x S

Deezer could well be right - maybe you weren't retaining so much water to begin with...

For myself, I only (only! Ha!) lost 5lb in my first week, then 6lb, then down to the usual 3 or so... I hadn't found this forum and didn't have such high expectations, so I was overjoyed with that!

Just knowing that you're into ketosis now is the main thing, so every single pound loss from here-on in will be *pure fat*! That's the main thing to hang on to, I reckon.

Hope you stick with it, you're over the worst bit...
Good luck,
Marianne.

hey everyone thanks for youre messages it has made me feel better ill battle on with it as i have to for the sake of my health n happiness xx

Back