2.5 stone to lose club

Spookess

Hi. I started SW again this morning and have had a 100% day. Am doing it from home as there are no group times to suit me.

I want to lose 2.5 stone. I know they say you can lose a stone a month but being realistic I am giving myself 4 months to get there. That takes me up to end September ish.

I am quarter of a pound off 13 stone starting weight so want to get down to 10.5 stone as a target, with half stone mini targets in between (when my hubby will apparently buy me a little gift as an incentive with a big gift when I get to target! That's right, not if....when!!!)

I am a Tuesday weigher.

Anyone want to join me?

K
X

I'd love to join you. I would like to lose 2.5 stone, and my goal weight is 10 stone. I plan to weigh every Monday morning, at Boots, so I can have a record of my weight loss :)

3lb off for me. First week weigh in. Had a couple of blips during week so happy with that! Hope you are going well GlamUp! X

Fantastic, Spookess! I have been enjoying the Jubilee weekend a bit too much, and have been off-plan since Thursday :(

Haven't weighed myself - too scared!! I am back on plan today, and will let you know how I get on.

Thanks for your support :)

Hi, can I join you? I think 2.5 stones would suit me very nicely. I too am doing SW from home, I've been to many groups and lost and gained many pounds over the years.

I've lost 8 pounds as of yesterday's weigh in having started this new effort a couple of weeks ago. A Tuesday WI is good for me too. My inspiration for this new start has been relistening to the Inside Out Weight Loss Podcasts - I've been binging like crazy since coming out of hospital last February, that experience compounded with anxiety about my son who has a lot (A LOT!) of issues and difficulties made a lot of stress. My tendency when stressed is to eat like ... dunno - a person facing a famine.

However I had a LBM when Renee Stephens who does the IOWL system talked about getting ready to change and moving out of our comfort zones and I had a new realisation that I've been blaming my stressful situation for my over eating. Not so, its me who does the eating, its me that reacts that way. I have made a lot of changes in my life and can change this too. So now, although I've had a couple of minor blips with chocolate I feel I've changed a fundamental belief that was holding me back.

Nice to see this team starting, thanks Spookess for starting it. September sounds good, I'd like to think of that sort of timescale too as I have an event coming up at the end of August where I'll be seeing people who last saw me wearing size 14 clothes. I do not want to be there bulging out of 18s as I am at the moment.

Happy weight losses to all here

Welcome aboard Micci!! Good luck for Tuesday's weigh in!
I have decided to start swimming once a week. I know it doesn't sound like a lot but I have a major knee problem that 8 years and 6 surgeries later is worse than ever. This means that I can't do a lot of exercise. Swimming seems like a good place to start.

They also do aquafit on the same night so might try doing that again. Used to manage ok but knee is worse than it was then. Might have a go from the back of the group then if I'm struggling I can just duck under the rope to the swimming side :)

Oh your poor knee! Swimming is at least non load bearing but you do have to flex the knees a lot. If you feel like you are over doing it maybe you could get a float and hold that between your feet and just use your arms for a bit. Either on your front or on your back. I was wondering about weights for another friend, if a good gym could sort someone with lower body issues out with upper body exercise. Aquafit sounds good too, I hope you don't feel the need to duck under the rope! Will you speak to the coach first so he/she is aware you might need to go a bit more gently than the rest of the group?

I too would love to swim but have very much got out of the habit and now don't seem to have time to fit it in. Sheeee, I used to be so fit. Size 16 but martial arts training at least twice a week, weights another couple of times, cycling at least 12 miles a day, usually much more, in my first pregnancy I swam a mile the week before my labour ...

Maybe the reason I don't do formal fitness stuff now is I'm so unwilling to face up to how unfit I am now.

Good luck to you too tomorrow ;)

Welcome Micci, glad to see we aren't the only ones that wish to lose 2.5 stone in the next few months! Although I'd be happy to lose it for Xmas!!
Goodness, I was exhausted just reading about the exercise you used to take. I'm planning on going to a group exercise class each week, and running/walking three times a week..
I weigh in later, just hope I haven't done too much damage over the Jubilee weekend.

Thanks GlamUp,

fingers crossed for you tomorrow.

Thanks GlamUp,

fingers crossed for you tomorrow.

Thanks Micci, I weigh in on Monday mornings... and I've gained 2lbs :sigh:.
Not too upset though, as I've effectively been off plan since the Jubilee weekend :sign0007:
Hopefully this will get me in gear and I'll lose the gain by next week.

Spookess and Micci - good luck for tomorrow's WI.

Thanks Micci, I weigh in on Monday mornings... and I've gained 2lbs :sigh:.
Not too upset though, as I've effectively been off plan since the Jubilee weekend :sign0007:
Hopefully this will get me in gear and I'll lose the gain by next week.

Spookess and Micci - good luck for tomorrow's WI.

That's the spirit - onwards and downwards (scalewise that is ;) ) I don't know that I expect a loss tomorrow as I weighed myself a couple of days ago and had lost a bit. It would be nice though. Thanks for the good wishes.

id love to join you also, even though i have more to lose i am starting a fresh tonight with them after losing over 2 stone!! luckily i have not put any of that back on, just want to get the rest off now!! :)

Welcome blueeyeskelli, the more the merrier x

Thanks Glam. Reckon I've not lost anything this week. As long as I haven't gained I will be ok :)

Micci - will let you know how I get on. Definitely won't be swimming as much as you do/did!

Blueyeskelli - welcome! Well done on your loss so far :)

X

Ooooh, I'm not the newest person here ;) Welcome Blueyeskelli - hey wouldn't it be good if we were a really short lived team because we all shed our 2.5 stones really really quickly :) :)

Hi guys, I want to lose a little more than 2.5 stone but was hoping I could join for a little support on my journey please x

LadyT said:
Hi guys, I want to lose a little more than 2.5 stone but was hoping I could join for a little support on my journey please x

Of course, welcome :)

Hi, of course. General support or is there anything specific I can do for you?

Back