2.5lb loss over 5 weeks - about to give up!

Lana

I've had a really crap time doing SW, lost 2.5lbs over 5 weeks after losses/gains. Thought some may be due to star week arriving nearly 3 weeks late but its not.

I'm so disheartened and thinking of giving up. I'm really forgetful so forget to write down everything Im eating but I mainly eat free foods (maybe use 3-5 syns a day) and use up my healthy extras then I'll have a bottle of wine over the weekend. In total, Im using about 60 syns per week.

Everything I'm eating I check to see if its free or has a syn value so I dont know what else to do!

I've been bad this week and know I'm going to end up gaining that 2.5lbs back and I'll be back to the start again.

I only do green days mainly because I dont know what to eat on red days and Im not a massive meat or fish eater. I never cook from recipes and I'm becoming bored of the same food.

Can anyone give me any words of wisdom?

I would say that you should post your food diary on here. That way people can comment on your menu. Dont know if you are exercising but muscle weighs more than fat, are you drinking plenty of fluids, are you filling up on free foods? A healthy weightloss is 1-2lbs a week on SW, you are doing just fine, dont give in just dig deep and keep going. There are many people to help give you ideas for red days if you get stuck for ideas. Big hugs xx

I agree....keep at it and you will start to lose. Definitely try varying your meals a bit - not only to stop you getting bored but to give your body a boost. Why not try having 105 syns a week and see what happens? it might be you need all your syns to get good weight losses - i know for some people on here that is the case.

But please don't be disheartened. You have had a loss and no matter what amount, it is still a loss so it IS working!

Hi Lana, leave a pen and paper in the kitchen, dining room, handbag etc... and write everything down before it goes into your mouth you said yourself you are forgetful so you could be having far more syns, Hex's etc, than you realise, and at the end of the day we all know that if this plan is followed correctly, it works. Also have you had a look in the Old favourites and new Ideas sticky? there are a few interesting and helpful ideas etc in there. :)

Yeah definately start a diary on here so we can all see what you are doing and help where we can. Don't give up, if you were 3 weeks late then you need to find out why. Any hormonal troubles can play havoc with your weight

If you're forgetful, write it down before you eat it. Do that often enough and it becomes a habit. If you're naughty on the plan, you should keep a diary of what's triggered it off, i.e. were you bored, hungry, upset etc. Why don't you try cooking from recipes, try some easy ones. I'm not a huge meat fan, but I do like the occasional steak with scrambled eggs and mushrooms, tomatoes and salad (oink). What kind of things are you eating? Stir fries with tofu and veg are easy on green days with noodles. I don't like quorn mince but the frozen quorn meatballs are nice in a bolognese style sauce with lots of pasta. You really do need to cook from scratch on sw or you will get very bored on the plan. You also have to check the syns in everything, its no good guessing. Good luck!

Hello,

As the others have said writing it down really helps. Im using the food diary facility in the SW website. I didnt loose much in the first week but have been wondering whether i am not eating enough syns?? It maybe worthwhile trying to use 6-8 syns a day.

Em xx

I don't eat many syns most days (about 4 or 5) but then I always have dinner out on a friday so it seems to balance out!

hi lana,
try not to be disheartened, have you tried talking to your consultant about how you are feeling they are so supportive. When i was on the diet i thought that the fewer syns i had the more weight i would loose but soon found out that it wasnt the case!

I increased my syns to a maximum of 10 per day and found that i lost more weight in that week.

posting a food diary on here is a good idea and also have you tried planning your meals the night before, if you write them down the night before you wont forget to do it in the day, i found this a life saver and saved me a bit of time too!

Good luck and stick at it, you will get there.

Hi Guys,

I've decided to start a diary on here so I'll post up when I get 5 mins this pm.

I don't feel I can talk to my consultant as hes male and I've been having hormone problems because of a miscarriage I had back in Jan. Things see a bit more normal this month though.

I only tend to snack on fruit so Im not using syns that way and the majority of the food I eat are potatoes, pasta, Asda meatballs, cous cous and mullerlights.

Anyway, as I said, will start my diary today because I do feel better in myself people are commenting on my 'weight loss' so something must be happening!

Hi Guys,

I've decided to start a diary on here so I'll post up when I get 5 mins this pm.

I don't feel I can talk to my consultant as hes male and I've been having hormone problems because of a miscarriage I had back in Jan. Things see a bit more normal this month though.

I only tend to snack on fruit so Im not using syns that way and the majority of the food I eat are potatoes, pasta, Asda meatballs, cous cous and mullerlights.

Anyway, as I said, will start my diary today because I do feel better in myself people are commenting on my 'weight loss' so something must be happening!

lana - try and bulk your main meals out with lots of veg. that always boosts my weight loss.

look forward to reading your diary :)

stay strong hun x

Back