2 days off, 3lbs on!

MushMachine

i went away for the weekend so took 2 days off the diet - and i put on 3lbs!! How is this possible? I am back on it today, but no wonder everyone says that this diet is ridiculous and you put it all back soon as you come off it! :cry::sigh: So depressed - I didn't even eat majorly naughty!!!! 2 days!!!!?!? waaaahhhhhhhhhhh

Draw a line under it, but don't give up. Remember you will go through the steps till you are maintaining. If you follow it carefully u won't put the weight back on. You will have to make changes to ur diet to not regain. Some say losing the weight is the easy bit, maintaining is the hardest. Good luck.

I thought that I'd drop by and breath a little common sense into this.... in order to gain 3lb of fat you would have to have eaten 10,500 extra calories on top of your normal calorie requirements (around 1900 per day for us girls!)
I'm sure that you haven't done that!
The fact is that you had depleted your glycogen stores and so lost all the water that came with it too (remember 1lb of glycogen needs 3lb more of water to keep it there) By eating a little more and coming out of ketosis your liver did what nature intended and replenished your glycogen... and the water.
The good news is that in a couple of days (4 at the very most) it will all be gone and then some!!
It's not fat! It's just water!
HTH

Back