2 much fruit

I moved this question to the main WW forum...hopefully someone will be able to answer this if they have found that too much fruit slows weight loss.

I normally eat 1 banana and apple most days...I am only on my first week of Simple Start but I will ask in class this evening and get back to you:)

Thanx a mil x I eat 4 to 5 pieces a day as I don't really eat veg and stuck at the same weight wondering if am eating 2 much but it's says it's free??

hiya, today I had one of those £1 packs of sliced watermelon from Asda during the course of the day and some grapes. Other days I'll have a handful of strawberries and a banana so I usually have 2, sometimes 3. I think if you had lots of banana's it may affect things but other fruit is a lot less in cals so shouldn't have an impact. Talking about the free veg/salad too I have a fair bit more of that. Today with lunch I had cucumber and a vine tomato and tonight with dinner I had a load of brocolli and carrots on the side of the plate to fill me up. I've never been so healthy lol

My leader's answer was that fruit is high in sugar and if you are over eating it, it can slow down your weight loss and in a few cases where weight loss had slowed or stayed the same for a few weeks that the culprit in one case was that the person was eating a whole tin of pineapple a day and in the other cases was that they were eating a lot of bananas...she said that it can take up to 9 hours to digest a banana which I never heard of before.

She would not be drawn on what was too much fruit in general but recommended that 1 banana a day was probably the safest way to go and as for pineapple which I love that it was best to stick to about 3 rings a day...they were the only two fruit she felt that can cause problems...although I do remember a few years back that someone had a problem with grapes.

She did say while fruit has not got a point value they are not free...she muttered something about another slimming plan that people tend to get confused with and went onto say that you should eat mindfully until your appetite is satisfied but not to graze on fruit just for the sake of it. Also if you are over eating fruit you might not be eating enough vegetables.

Hope that helps:)

I have like 2 or 3 bananas a day which I know is too many... Just find them better than a choc bar or bread product to grab :-( uh oh well if my weight doesn't budge I'll be sure to drop to 1 a day Maximum! :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I have to say that I dont eat any at all. Mostly because I just dont like it. I do eat strawberries when they are in season though but thats my only concession, lol.

Hiya it depends on what fruit you are having as some are a lot higher in sugar.

I can easily have 8 portions of fruit a day and still lose but I restrict it to the recommend 80g and try to only have one really high sugar fruit such as some like 1 x Banana, 80g grapes and 1/2 tin of pineapple. The rest can be anything else like strawberries, blueberries or raspberries.

So can you have too much fruit, I'd say no but be careful of 'what' fruit you're having

I think everyone is different. I ate nearly 3 pineapples this week in total and lost 7lbs in 4 days! :eek: It's my first week, I joined online Monday but my weigh in is Friday so a short week. I did ww before and lost 3 stone without limiting fruit so I will do the same this time! x

Sent from my GT-P3110 using MiniMins.com mobile app

is there a list anywhere of the free fruits and veg please?

Oh I didnt realise that thank you I know before that you had to point the higher fruits and veg like peas sweet corn grapes and bananas because of the sugar content in them so it's good they are all free now thanks again

Sent from my HTC One mini using MiniMins.com mobile app

Fruit is free, ww already toke that in consideration, i eat a lot of fruit, somethimes i have 2 bananas, pineapple ( always heard that was good to lose weight) also the sugar from fruit is diferent from normal sugar. For ex: pomegranate helps lose weight because has nutrient that helps ur body not to form fat cells, like green tea, and boost metabolism. I always eat 7/8 a day( fruit and veg) , and always lose weight when i follow the plan.

Ah cool thanks for that.. Yea I knew u had point sweet corn I was on more so bout fruit den veg in luv pinapple 3 sometimes I eat a whole tin (in own juice) a day lol!!

I eat quite a lot of fruit. I have a couple of bananas ,an apple and packet of fresh fruit pre packed (melon, pineapple and mango) every day.

Seems to work for me.

Back