2 stone heavier than this time last year - bit the bullet and joined a new group!

Sealmylips

:eek: Yep 2 stone heavier! TBH i did expect a gain and quite a large one, it's been a year since i last attended group and after an awful year it's not really what i wanted - to be faced with yet more weight to lose! :cry:

BUT i bit the bullet last night and tried a new group and think i'm going to love it there! The new consultant is crazy and really seems to care about her members (she kept saying oh no such and such has left, she'll of put on weight which means she needs me more than ever - and really did look disheartened!)

I did attend a group in November last yr just after we moved - but it wasnt a patch on my last group or consultant and i never felt inspired or motivated and the consultant said the EXACT same phrase to everyone regardless of their mood, weigh in etc! No wonder only 9 or so people ever stayed to group! So after 3 meetings, i stopped going and back crept in the wine, the nicking a slice of the kids pizza, before ordering an indian for me and oh. :eek: And endless lunches out with yes - more wine!!

So here's to a new start, a new group and a slimmer me!

I've alot to lose - probably 4-5 stone - although would be happy to get to a size 14, then a 12 and see where i am then! This is the heaviest by far that i have EVER been and so that is really knocking my confidence and stopping me from making friends, taking my 2 yr old to toddler groups etc and i'm a bloody hermit!

15 stone 3.5 :sigh: 30 in April and need to get my life changed!!!

Good luck hope it goes well for you this time round you sound really committed just stay positive and keep on track, we are here if you don't and need support! just take one small step at a time and things will start to change for you x good luck

Hi and welcome to Minimins :)

Its great when you find a group that you like, makes the journey so much better!

Wheres Bronte Country?

Hi! Welcome back!

Your new consultant sounds great- it makes such if a difference if they seem genuinely concerned about group members. You will do brilliantly!

Loving it so far - been on SW 6 weeks and lost 1 stone 3 pounds.

Good luck and post on here often - it really helps!

xxxxx:D

Hi and welcome to minimins,

Am sure you will do it this time you sound in a similar place to me when i started in january, heaviest i have been and miserable.

We are all here for you if you need support

Good luck!!

Thanks all so so much!

Vanilla Cupcake - West Yorkshire, edge of the Penines (Bronte's are the family of authors!) x

Thanks all so so much!

Vanilla Cupcake - West Yorkshire, edge of the Penines (Bronte's are the family of authors!) x

Reason I asked was we have The Bronte Steakhouse not far from where I live, the Reverend Patrick Brontë, the father of famed writers Charlotte, Emily and Anne, was born in the nearby village Drumballyroney in County Down. He preached and taught in the area surrounding the restaurant before moving to England. Thought you were maybe close to me! :)

Hi I too am just starting out and would like to wish you all the luck in the world with your quest...I'm so glad that I found this site. Its incredible and after trawling through some of it over the past 3 days it is so helpful,non judgemental and full of information.

Good luck Vikki x :gen126:

I've been there and got the extra large t shirt!
I joined in 2009, lost 2 and a half stone and then spent most of 2010 putting it back on again. When I rejoined for the last and FINAL time in Dec 2011 and saw that I was heavier than ever I felt guilty, ashamed, stupid, but................determined!
My life has changed since losing 4 stone - I now have a fab social life and so things I would never have dared do when I was at my fattest.
You sound so determined and you are lucky to have found a great group - I am crossing my fingers and sending you lots of luck xxx

Thankyou all so so much! This is really helping to boost my FINAL attempt! :-D - scrap that it won't be an 'attempt' it will be a SUCCESS!!!!

Aaah Vanilla Cupcake is see! Well Rev Bronte and the children all moved here when the children were young and the village i live in is a tourist destination thanks to that! They are all buried in the main church cemetry here! Not looking forward to Summer as apparently you canot move with tourists, and if xmas was anything to go by - eeeeeeeeek! xx

Welcome and Good luck!!!

Good on you for getting back on it!!!

Back