• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more



2 stone to lose! New to slimming world ee plan.

#1
My name is Jodie and I'm 24. I have a little girl and live with her dad. I have had major Issues with my weight and seriously lacked in body confidence since I was 11 and they made us weigh ourselves at school for a science exam. I have done weightwatchers several times, rosemary Conley, slimfast, celeb slim, several diet books, diet tablets galore and most recently I was badly addicted to laxatives for 14 months. Not a good move! I am 5ft3 and my first weigh in at ss was 10.6. This may not seem very big but all my cousins and friends are really slim and as I'm doing away this year with all my cousins, j really don't wnt to look like a beachball next to them. I needed a diet that doesn't feel luke a diet. (ww got far too technical and 15 pp out of 29 for a jacket spud, cmoonnnn!!! So I thought I'd give this a try. Several days into it I just feel like an absolute pig. I have ate loads of pasta and rice. I cannot put sweeteners in my cuppa teas tho, that isn't a way of life haha! First weigh in is on tues At 9.30am. (will change slightly each week due to shift work) tbh I feel like I've put weight on! None of my summer clothes from last year fit and I Wont upgrade my wardrobe to a bigger size, so in living in leggings that deceive me into thinking I haven't put on weight (when in reality they stretch) I just hope I've lost a few pounds on my first one, my leader says usually between 4-8lbs the first week. Well, fingers crossed! Gym tomorrow, first time this week tut tut!! X
 
Get Rid of this ad and join in on the conversation for free today! Tap here!
#2
Jodie1987 said:
My name is Jodie and I'm 24. I have a little girl and live with her dad. I have had major Issues with my weight and seriously lacked in body confidence since I was 11 and they made us weigh ourselves at school for a science exam. I have done weightwatchers several times, rosemary Conley, slimfast, celeb slim, several diet books, diet tablets galore and most recently I was badly addicted to laxatives for 14 months. Not a good move! I am 5ft3 and my first weigh in at ss was 10.6. This may not seem very big but all my cousins and friends are really slim and as I'm doing away this year with all my cousins, j really don't wnt to look like a beachball next to them. I needed a diet that doesn't feel luke a diet. (ww got far too technical and 15 pp out of 29 for a jacket spud, cmoonnnn!!! So I thought I'd give this a try. Several days into it I just feel like an absolute pig. I have ate loads of pasta and rice. I cannot put sweeteners in my cuppa teas tho, that isn't a way of life haha! First weigh in is on tues At 9.30am. (will change slightly each week due to shift work) tbh I feel like I've put weight on! None of my summer clothes from last year fit and I Wont upgrade my wardrobe to a bigger size, so in living in leggings that deceive me into thinking I haven't put on weight (when in reality they stretch) I just hope I've lost a few pounds on my first one, my leader says usually between 4-8lbs the first week. Well, fingers crossed! Gym tomorrow, first time this week tut tut!! Xx
 
S: 12st8lb C: 9st12lb G: 9st8lb BMI: 22.3 Loss: 2st10lb(21.59%)
#3
Welcome! Sw is fantastic and you will do well on it. Not everyone loses 4-8 lbs on the first week especially when you don't have much to lose so don't worry if you lose less!
Best wishes with it
X
 
#4
Hannah:) said:
Welcome to SW Jodie - Can't speak for any of the other diets (apart from the Laxative abuse one!) but think you will find SW alright - It's very flexiable!

Make sure your looking at the percentages 2/3rds Free Food 1/3 Superfree food 1a choice and 1b choice per day if your on EE! Doesn't have to be an exact science!

All the Best for the gym - Take it at your own pace - don't overdo it and damage yourself even though you want to look slim like your cousins - Have they got children? Kids wreck the figure so i'm told!

Hope weigh in number 1 goes well for you, If you want anything the guys on here seem to be really nice..

Hannah x
Funnily enough the skinniest cousin Is the only one with a child and she's now 4 weeks off her second and weighs a lot less than me haha. Thanks for ur support. 2 more days till weigh in! X
 
#5
Woodland girl said:
Welcome! Sw is fantastic and you will do well on it. Not everyone loses 4-8 lbs on the first week especially when you don't have much to lose so don't worry if you lose less!
Best wishes with it
X
Whats gotten me down a bit is I was reading on here which about ee and people were saying it just doesn't work like Rd and gd and they don't appeal to me at all x
 
#6
My little girl has me up at 6.30 so I feel like I should wait until about 9.30 for breakfast or I'd end up eating 2 breakfasts! I had a cuppa to keep me going, 1 sug of course. Little girl I'd going to her nans for a few hrs this aft so I am going to make myself go to the gym. Wouldn't believe that this time last yr I ran a half marathon now I struggle to run a flipping mile. I think I just give up to easy and end up telling myself that some exercise is better than none, and this is my excuse for not pushing myself. Breakfast will be weetabix today, unsure about lunch and tea will be garlicy chicken with home made chips with a dew veggies thrown in. Curly wurly for afters I think. I always end up sharing with my little un so it doesn't seem so bad. First weigh in is 2 days away. I have an awful habit of weighing myself every morn so got o/h to hide the scales in the garage haha. On weds I also have a doc appointment, I am going to request a blood test as I think I may have an underactive thyroid. 8 months ago I started piling on the weight, hair started snapping, struggling to sleep, face drying out. I am aware that this could just be hormones but best to just rule it out.
 
S: 12st8lb C: 9st12lb G: 9st8lb BMI: 22.3 Loss: 2st10lb(21.59%)
#7
Hi Jodie

It is true that some people report better losses with red and green/ but not all!
The most important thing IMHO is that we change our eating in a way that will last. No point doing a red week, losing 5 lbs and then giving up! This is for the long haul... So you need one that works for you and don't worry about everyone else x

And sounds like you need to get checked at docs too!
X
 

Maverick

Gold Member
S: 10st7lb C: 9st13.5lb G: 9st7lb BMI: 24.7 Loss: 0st7.5lb(5.1%)
#8
Hi Jodie

Your stats are very similar to mine when I first started, same height and you are a couple of lb lighter than me. I know exactly what you mean about not being massive, but feeling it next to skinny friends.

Unfortunately my losses have been very slow. Started in January and have only lost 11lb so far. However, in amongst that I've had no significant gains and a lot of STS. I do consider SW to be a success, because I have had several weekends away etc and I'm not the type to stick to a diet when I feel like I'm on holidays!!

I mainly do EE because it is so easy, altho I do green sometimes when I'm skint and it fits in! I haven't noticed any difference in my weight loss by doing one or the other so can't really comment on that.

As for the exercise, I have only recently taken up running again and I'm loving it. Nowhere near the half marathon stage, but would love to one day!

Good luck for your WI tomorrow xx
 
#9
Woodland girl said:
Hi Jodie

It is true that some people report better losses with red and green/ but not all!
The most important thing IMHO is that we change our eating in a way that will last. No point doing a red week, losing 5 lbs and then giving up! This is for the long haul... So you need one that works for you and don't worry about everyone else x

And sounds like you need to get checked at docs too!
X
Thanks for that. Makes me feel a little better. Just hope it works for me. I noticed my tum was a Lil less bloated this morning which is good!
 
#10
Maverick said:
Hi Jodie

Your stats are very similar to mine when I first started, same height and you are a couple of lb lighter than me. I know exactly what you mean about not being massive, but feeling it next to skinny friends.

Unfortunately my losses have been very slow. Started in January and have only lost 11lb so far. However, in amongst that I've had no significant gains and a lot of STS. I do consider SW to be a success, because I have had several weekends away etc and I'm not the type to stick to a diet when I feel like I'm on holidays!!

I mainly do EE because it is so easy, altho I do green sometimes when I'm skint and it fits in! I haven't noticed any difference in my weight loss by doing one or the other so can't really comment on that.

As for the exercise, I have only recently taken up running again and I'm loving it. Nowhere near the half marathon stage, but would love to one day!

Good luck for your WI tomorrow xx
11lbs that's really good! Spesh if you've had weekends away. Wat was the loss your first week? Have you been having your full 15 syns per day? X
 

Laura250blue

Silver Member
S: 12st0lb C: 11st2lb G: 10st8lb Loss: 0st12lb(7.14%)
#11
Hi Jodie!

I started SW few days ago but Ive done it before and love it. Dont ever feel like your eating too much, the free foods are there to be eaten! Make sure u have lots of fruit and veg though with your meals.

I thought slimming world wouldnt work for me as i dont have heaps o lose or that i would even gain weight!! But its totally untrue. Of course everyones weight losses are different but if u stick to the plan u can easily lose 1-2lb a week or more!

Good luck xx :)
 
#12
Made myself the potato and onion/garlic tortilla today, smelt delish, looked delish, tasted, well....a little bland if I'm honest. I have a team meeting tomorrow and ad I'm not a fan of salads I wanted to make and take that. Anyway, just tasted it cold and it's even worse haha! I'll just force it down my neck. Went to the gym, only stayed half an hr but that included a 1milw run in 7.40 minutes. Stepping machine, and used quite s few of the weights machinery for my arms and legs. So at least I've done something now! Time to make the tea, my only problem is I have to drench chips in s&v tut tut. Had a muiller light fat free yog too. They r syn free aren't they?? X
 

Laura250blue

Silver Member
S: 12st0lb C: 11st2lb G: 10st8lb Loss: 0st12lb(7.14%)
#13
Oh ps,

A few ladies on here have been disheartened by not losing much in the first week, however I think it totally depends what diet you were on before u started SW. I lost 12lb on atkins and on my first week at sw i gained 8lb!! - was soo upset but kept on it - and following week lost 6lb..sometimes ur body has to get used to extra carbs etc n will take some time to regulate but stick at it and u will do great! :)
 
#14
Laura250blue said:
Hi Jodie!

I started SW few days ago but Ive done it before and love it. Dont ever feel like your eating too much, the free foods are there to be eaten! Make sure u have lots of fruit and veg though with your meals.

I thought slimming world wouldnt work for me as i dont have heaps o lose or that i would even gain weight!! But its totally untrue. Of course everyones weight losses are different but if u stick to the plan u can easily lose 1-2lb a week or more!

Good luck xx :)
Thanks for your reply. When's your first weigh in? Must be good if your using this plan again. If I lose at least 1-2 every week I'll be happy, tho pref 2 haha ;-) ideally I'd love to lose a bit more tho this first week though to give me a good kick start! X
 

Laura250blue

Silver Member
S: 12st0lb C: 11st2lb G: 10st8lb Loss: 0st12lb(7.14%)
#15
Im weighing in on friday! (i usually have a great first weigh in!)

Just found my old booklet from 2010 and i lost;
w1 -6lb
w2 -2lb
w3 -2lb
w4 - gained 3lb as had a binge week - and never got back on track! i dont know why, i could be at target now grrr!

Whens ur weigh in hon? xx
 
#16
Laura250blue said:
Oh ps,

A few ladies on here have been disheartened by not losing much in the first week, however I think it totally depends what diet you were on before u started SW. I lost 12lb on atkins and on my first week at sw i gained 8lb!! - was soo upset but kept on it - and following week lost 6lb..sometimes ur body has to get used to extra carbs etc n will take some time to regulate but stick at it and u will do great! :)
Wow that's madness, I'm the type of person who would have automatically declared the ss plan a failure and quit Lil. The last diet I've been on was ww but that was a while back and tbh I've pigged since then so I'm hoping I'll see some results this week. I've had no takeaways and only 1 packet of crisps (my vice) I went shopping today and I bought some mini milks, read somewhere on here they are only 1.5 syns, hope that's true haha, wd for sticking to it though! X
 
#17
Laura250blue said:
Im weighing in on friday! (i usually have a great first weigh in!)

Just found my old booklet from 2010 and i lost;
w1 -6lb
w2 -2lb
w3 -2lb
w4 - gained 3lb as had a binge week - and never got back on track! i dont know why, i could be at target now grrr!

Whens ur weigh in hon? xx
My weigh in is wed morning. Have my doc appointment just before it x
 
#18
Laura250blue said:
Im weighing in on friday! (i usually have a great first weigh in!)

Just found my old booklet from 2010 and i lost;
w1 -6lb
w2 -2lb
w3 -2lb
w4 - gained 3lb as had a binge week - and never got back on track! i dont know why, i could be at target now grrr!

Whens ur weigh in hon? xx
If I have same weigh ins as ur first few weeks I'll b ecstatic lol x
 

tech1960ps

Full Member
S: 15st10lb C: 13st10lb G: 13st3lb BMI: 27.5 Loss: 2st0lb(12.73%)
#19
Good luck with your first weigh in.

For everyone that likes chips/crisps, here is a good way to make home made crisps, use the 3 bladed side of a grater to cut thin slivers of potatoe, spray baking tray with pam, spray potatoes slices with pam and bake in the oven turning half way through cooking for even brownness. They come out quiet good and are free on green days.:D
 

Laura250blue

Silver Member
S: 12st0lb C: 11st2lb G: 10st8lb Loss: 0st12lb(7.14%)
#20
oOoOh thanks tech1960ps - ill try them midweek! Let us know how u get on Jodie, keep at it :) xx
 


Similar threads



Top