2 years from 13 stone to 17st 10lb time to fight back

After a couple of really low years after an operation that went wrong which resulted in me gaining a shed load of weight. I've finally decided enough is enough. Tomorrow I will be returning to the gym now I can actually sit on the machines :)
Starting Weight 17St10lbs
Goal Weight 12St

Hi! Best of luck :) x

Thanks, couldn't go today. Been struck down with man flu lol New start date is monday as long as im over this cold :)

Man flu is the bane of my life right now, between my too boys add their dad, jeez oh! I think it was escaping from three boys that got me to the gym in the first place lol! Hope you're feeling better asap! I'm double hitting tomorrow, gym in the am then a zumba class in the evening! Gonna hurt tomorrow!

lol Man flu is horrible, good luck tomorrow. I'm gonna ache after my first day back at the gym lol. Looking forward to it though :) Need to get down to about 15 stone so I can start playing footy again.

Bet once you start you'll get there pretty quick, sounds like you're very determined!

I have my moments when I think why bother lol. I've got to do this though. Miss having a life. I need to be playing sports again and feeling good about myself. Also want to find a girl :p

I know what you mean about feeling like yourself again. I joke that I have reverse anorexia as I don't think I'm as fat as I am and am horrified in photos! I don't suit my current body! Ive put on the weight very quickly over the last 3 crap years, but want it gone now that the other stuff has improved vastly! I really must stop ranting on other peoples diaries lol
How's the man flu!? X

The man flu is ok lol I feel alright, just can't get rid of the blocked nose. The only positive is my weight gain wasn't my fault it was because of what happened. But now its over I hope anyway. Had moments before when it was thought to be over so being cautious at the mo. I do think the problems sorted now though :D The weird thing about my fatness is im now as big as i thought i was before i put the weight on if that makes sense lol. I just want to be at least the weight I was. It was horrible though during this two years when I did manage a few periods of excercise and it really hurt and shocked me how differently my body reacted to it and the amount of excercise I could handle. :(

Sounds like you've had a rough Time, can't be nice having your weight taken out of your control :-S ive gained through what will please god have been the worst period of my life so hoping that I can regain some self control now that life's on the up!!! Ive got about 8 stone to lose. Seems so daunting! What was it that happened to you if you don't mind me asking? Tell me to butt out if you want though lol!!

Xx

Basically a routine operation, but it was just a disaster. The surgeon didn't do a very good job and in recovery I was bleeding heavily. So the nurse plugged the bleed by putting gauze in the wound but forgot to take it out like she was supposed to before I was discharged. 4 months after this op it appeared to heal that was until the wound had abscessed and was starting to turn septic and I had to have an emergency drainage and this forgotten gauze was pulled out of my wound :( Basically the abscess wound left after the emergency op never healed and developed into another one of what I had in the first place. Something called a pilonidal sinus. But it took months of my useless original surgeon saying it will heal it will heal before I had enough and went to A&E and saw another surgeon. He diagnosed it as something else and he mucked me about as well until I had enough and requested to see another surgeon. He turned out to be the best surgeon ever lol After my first consolation with him he turned around and said yep you need another op operation. So a month and a half later it was done. He even sorted out the horrible scar useless surgeon number one did lol. Plus it wasn't just the fact this foreign body had been left it in and nearly turned septic. It was causing horrible and painful infections and it disrupted my social and family life. It made me really depressed.

That's rough, makes you wonder how some people can qualify as medics! Sounds like you've been through the wars! Well done for pulling yourself back on track, its so hard once you're down.
How old are you by the way (sorry I'm nosy!) are you changing your diet too or just exercising?

X

God you're so young to have been through all that! Wow! Double well done for getting back to it!! What day you weigh in? X

I originally weighed myself tuesday night the night before I was dues to start. I will re weigh myself sunday in preparation for monday :)

I'm excited for you!!! :-D my weigh in was today and ive lost 6lbs :) so pleased! Got a night out tomorrow so thats a write off so good to know ive lost a good bit beforehand! Ill make sure to be checking in on your weigh in days!!

Well done on your loss :D Had a cheeky little go on my own exercise bike last night, and It was tough. Then again even when I wasn't proper fat I hated it so I think I was just being silly lol.

Hahaha I'm the same with workout DVDs always hated them yet every so often think ill give them a go!
You doing much at the weekend?

Back