20 minites walking?

blue31

Now I know that dukan says you MUST do the minimum 20 minutes walking per day to boost the diet and ensure you have weekly losses however my mum has just bought me a magnetic exercise bike and I just wondered if 20-30 mins on the bike would suffice instead of the walk.

I have no problem with walking but I work long hours and its pitch black by the time I get home. The only time I can walk is during daylight on a weekend. Do you think this will affect my looses.

Also to add I am in 3rd week of cruise and my total loss is 9.8 pounds so far (lost 12 pounds last time around by third week) so not sure if the walking thing is stalling me?

Many thanks

20 mins of any exercise would be fine, just dont over do it in the beginning coz you may not have the energy but it never seemed to have any effect on me.

A 20-30 min cycle would be great, dont feel you HAVE to do it everyday either. If you're on your feet alot that counts a lot!

I would think any exercise could only benefit you! I was on cruise for a year before I got to target and for the first six weeks I did the 20 min walking every day but after that it dwindled off and I didn't do it but I still lost my weight! Obviously it will help if you can do it but you don't want to be putting yourself at risk by walking alone in the dark - I think most people probably walk 20 mins per day without realising it - I do when shopping ;-)

Brilliant :)

Thanks guys this has really cheered me up. Done 20 mins on the bike today so hopefully will give me a bit of a boost! :)

I'm not sure why I'm not losing as fast as last time I did dukan diet maybe my body is struggling this time around. Iv been sticking to it very strictly so I hope some miracle boost comes from somewhere lol

Thanks again I feel much better now :) x

I'm the other way to the others. I did a walk on the first day and that was it, I find it so difficult to walk to nowhere. I have on rare occasions done Just Dance on the Wii, vibration plate and a few times running on the spot..........but I have been on diet for 7 months now and have lost 4.5stone. I know exersice would probably speed it up, and I have plans to start increasing it now, possibly every other day.

it doesn't really matter what the exersice is, if you look on the main page of Dukan forum there is a thread about insanity exercise, people joined in doing anything. I think shivering in the weather should count as an exercise LOL.

Back