20 Minutes a Day

Auburn

x x x
Hello :)

Starting tomorrow, I will be doing at least 20 minutes of something a day.

20 minutes might not seem like a lot to some people... but I don't want to set too big a target and fail. So 20 minutes a day. I have no excuse not to fit this in..

* Walking
* Stepping (stepper machine)
* Wii Zumba
* Wii Just Dance
* Swimming
* Gym Cycling

I can do this.
Bring it on! :D

Good luck. I may have to join you on this - I work in an office do spend alllllll day sitting around!! I've just bought a cross trainer from a friend so I really have no excuse at all :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

This sounds great. How are you both doing? x

I'm in! 10 more WIs till a hen do and I'd love to be 6lbs down by then (not a lot I know but loss has slowed down) so some exercise will do me good!!
How have u both been getting on? I'm going to start today! I'm thinking following a DVD or exercise bike.
Tomorrow I'm going to zumba for the first time in about 8 months!!

Woohoo, the more the merrier!

Saturday 28.01.12
This was easy, I decided to take myself into town for some retail therapy, and spent 4 hours walking about. 4 hours.. I've never spent that much time shopping!

Sunday 29.01.12
I spent 10 minutes attempting to help wash the cars, til the Boy told me I was doing no good freezing my butt off and whinging, so he sent me back in... :) intending to stick some tunes on and do some flailing around my room later. It's not "controlled" enough to call it dancing haha

:D

Ps enjoy Zumba, Cai! I'd love to go to a class, but I'm not quite "there yet"... if that makes sense, to do classes!

Hmmmm...didn't make class :-( my friend felt ill and I'm easy to give up these things. Needed to complete some work stuff and wanted to cook tonight, not just warm something up!

However, I did do sit-ups this morning - only about 4 mins and every little helps :) x

Im going to try and join you guys 20 minutes sounds easy especially since Ive got a cross trainer sat in my front room positioned in front of the tv the couch just always seems so more appealing. Going to start making that effort. 20 mins a day, come on.

Well done everybody so far, keep it up.

Can I join you too. I have a x box kinnect and a treadmill so no excuse. Im going to zumba tonight for the first time ever - Im v nervous, hope I dont collapse!

shrinkingannie said:
Can I join you too. I have a x box kinnect and a treadmill so no excuse. Im going to zumba tonight for the first time ever - Im v nervous, hope I dont collapse!

It's good fun! Hope u enjoy it! :)

I can't claim to have done 20 mins yet but I did do 20 sit-ups this morning followed by 5 mins on a weird twisty board I har got (it was only £9.99 and my super skinny friend claimed it helped her tone her waist and back before her wedding, it's simple enough to worth a go if u ask me!)
It's def a start, I've done something so far every day which is better than nothing!

Wow.. so nice to see someone with realistic targets! For me, even 20 mins every day seems like quite a lot! I'm doing Jenny Craig and they encourage you to get to 5 x 30mins a week - seems very daunting at the minute.. but I figured if I could get to 20mins, then I could add an extra 10 mins by doing other things (e.g. parking a bit further away from the office and walking in the morning!).

Best of luck all x

Nice to see some new faces! Cai, you're so right, every extra bit helps :)

I have managed my 20 mins walking (at least) every day now, quite pleased with that. I fancy a bit of variation though, so I got a weighted hula hoop, which I'll have to do outside in one of my fields, so I don't break anything haha, and a beginners guide to kettlebells... eep!

Happy days, keep it up people!x

I went to Zumba last night, it was good fun but a very quiet class with only about 8 people and Im guessing it was a bit slower than some, because I have a new baby (9 weeks) and have done practically no excercise for a year being pregnant etc. and I found it pretty easy, I wasnt sweating or out of breath. I think Ill find a slightly more energetic one next week.
So for today Ill use my treadmill for 20 mins once the kids are in bed.

Hello when I go to Zumba I don't get out of breath but I sweat, we all sweat like crazy. The beauty of Zumba is you can dance your way through gracefully or really go for it, constant hip movements, constantly keeping your feet moving even if it's just heels off the floor like walking on the spot keeping your toes on he floor and just heels moving. It's good to break yourself in easily if you've just had a baby. Congrats by the way :) I wish I'd of attempted to get into shape after having my kids and not waited 6 years ;) xxx

I didnt manage the treadmill yesterday, but I did do about 20 mins exercise between walking and xbox kinnect with my son. Today ill do squats and other toning exercises for 20 mins later.

You are doing really well sarah, what diet are you following?

Welt shopping today and hubby and I chopped and changed where we wanted to go lots! Went up and down a hill 4 times going from one shop to another - def much more exercise than my usual walking around work!
Have been suffering with tooth ache :-( so not started the 20min pledge well, however I have been to the dentist this afternoon and should b lots better so will get on with it properly from tomorrow!!

Just ordered myself the 39 day shred! :/) got the box collection with 3 oter DVDs for quite a good price :) woop!
Bring it on! X

Day one of the shred done

I am totally and utterly fed up. I fell on the ice the other day and have twisted my knee. The doc said 3/4 days resting, and to "take it easy for 3/4 weeks"

I struggle to even hobble to the kitchen for a cuppa tea..

So fed up!!!

Back