2012 Is definitely going to be my year...

Hey everyone

My Exante delivery has just arrived and so I will be starting TS tomorrow. After months (actually 2 years) of piling on the lb's, my head is finally in the right place to do this. So, I just thought I'd introduce myself as I imagine I'll be on here a lot!

My weight has always fluctuated, the highest being around 14 stone (probably what I am now) and I got down to 9 stone 12 a couple of years ago by calorie counting. I have clothes ranging in size from 10 - 20. This time round I'm getting rid of everything as it becomes too big!

I split up with my boyfriend a few months ago (mainly because he's a complete sociopath). It ended quite badly and he made some pretty cutting remarks about my weight and said that was the main reason he couldn't be with me. I know that wasn't the real reason, (I was the same weight when we split as I was when he met me) he just said it because he knew it would hurt me. Well, he was right, it did hurt me and his words have grated on me every day since. He's since said that he didn't mean it.

Being with him, my confidence has taken an absolute battering and I suppose my self-esteem is at an all time low. I've been out on a few dates recently and each time, my confidence has had a bit of a boost but I really need to do this now for me. So I'm going to knock the dating on the head for a few months whilst I find myself again. I want 2012 to be the year that I made things happen instead of getting to the Summer and then Christmas again and still being in the same position. Fat and miserable.

So, tomorrow is the first day of the rest of my life. This time I'm going to do this. Once and for all.

As it's my last day of food for a while, I'm going to make the most of it and make a slow cooked beef casserole. I'm also going to chuck out all the crisps and chocolate left over from Christmas this afternoon.

Wish me luck! I look forward to getting to know you all :D

Karen x

Hi Karen, welcome, I am finding exante diet really enjoyable. I have to have a small meal once a day as I have rheumatoid arthritis and take numerous tablets and an injection every week, so I am doing working solution. I have lost 14lb in just over a week, 2nd weigh in tomorrow, so we will see.

My head got into the right place just before Christmas, but I waited till after Christmas so didn't cheat:( and be miserable.
I have loads of weight to lose, so will fe around for a while.
Take care good luck.

Hi Gill

Wow, that's a fab loss - well done you! It's funny how something just clicks in your head isn't it? All of a sudden, all those doubts, all those thoughts of doing it next week, just go out the window. I don't think I've ever been so motivated to do something before. Good luck for your weigh in tomorrow!

Karen x

Hi 2012

Just wanted to wish you luck, I hope 2012 is an amazing year for you, you've made a great choice to start exante:D

Thanks loved-up! I'm just reading your diary actually... You've done so well and I love your positivity. All the best to you on your journey!

Hi 2012. Just dropping by to wish you good luck. This is my 2nd time doing exante and I love it. Once you get past the first 4 or 5 days it gets soooo much easier. I just wish that I hadn't taken a (long) break and out weight on! Aim this time is to get it off and keep it off!!

Claire x

Thank you Clairebear! I must admit I'm pretty excited to just get started... I wonder if I'll be saying that this time tomorrow! I just got asked out for dinner and made my excuses and said that I wouldn't be able to do it for a couple of weeks at least. Maybe I'll just hibernate until the lbs start falling off and I'm used to the diet.

I planned to chuck loads of food out today but when it came down to it, I just couldn't do it. That's why I'm big, I can't just waste food like that. So, instead I'm gonna bag it up and make some donations to get it out of the house. I live on my own so if its not here then I won't be tempted. Well, apart from the dog but I can't see me being that desperate that I'll crack open a tin of Pedigree Chum lol.

Hope it's going well so far! I'm on day 3 and had a sneaky peek at the scales this morning and lost 3.5lbs. DH also did a quick WI and he has lost 7lbs......pretty amazing for 2 days and he had an omelette last night. Getting a bit hungry now but going to try to hold off until 11am before my shake.

Hope it goes well :)

Claire x

Good morning :)

Sounds like things are going in the right direction for you both, Claire, a big well done to both of you!

So far, so good. I was actually excited this morning about getting up to weigh myself and get started. Official starting weight is 13 stone 10 lb :mad: So cross with myself for letting this happen. Oh well, at least I am doing something about it now.

When I lost so much weight before, it helped me to see everything visually so I've set up some spreadsheets and charts to track weight, measurements etc. I remember really struggling to see a difference in myself, even after losing quite a lot so I'm going to be having weekly pictures taken wearing the same outfit. Something I didn't do before until a few months down the line last time.

I decided that I'd start with a bar every morning to try and get the metabolism going. I don't normally have breakfast so I struggled a bit with it. I had the Toffee, Nut and Raisin bar this morning and I must say, I was very pleasantly surprised with the taste and the size.

I'm about 0.5L of water in so far. To be honest, I think this is going to be the hardest part. I am freezing! Unfortunately, I was laid off at work the week before last so at least I'm at home and can go and warm myself up with a hot bath or something.

So, day 1 has started and I'm good to go. Onwards and upwards (or should that be onwards and downwards?!).

Hope you all have a great day :D

Hi all, I had my weigh in this morning and lost 4lb this week, it has been a challenging week, I ended up going to see the dr as I had problems with my throat even drinking water was an issue :( but he gave me some antibiotics which were full of sugar, but they have done the trick. so now got to get back on track. well done everyone on your progresses. loved reading everybodys imput as helps me keep motivated. thank you all

Well 2012, welcome to the forum, you will glean lots of help and advise here. If you have a question just ask, everyone is soooooo helpful.
Hope day 1 is still goin good.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

“You're a big man, and your out of shape.
But for me it's a full time job.”

Start Weight 27 St 6Lbs
Lighter Life
Wk 1 -15.5lbs, wk 2 -5.7lbs, wk 3 -0.6lbs, wk 4 -10lbs, wk 5 -4lbs,
wk 6 -5lbs, wk 7 -3.5lbs, wk 8 -2.5lbs, wk 9 -6lbs, wk 10 -5.7lbs.
Total LL loss 53lbs.
Exante
Wk 11 -8lbs, wk 12 +1.5lbs (Xmas), wk 13 -6lbs, wk 14 -4.5lbs,

GOALS
Lose 1 stone Done
Lose 2 stone Done
Lose 3 stone Done
Lose 4 Stone Done
Lose 5 stone Done
Next target is to get into the 21’s.
http://www.minimins.com/exante-diaries/250623-lighter-life-exante.html

Day 1

Hey Gill, I hope you're feeling a bit better now. Well done on the 4lbs, that's fab news :D

Hi Stapo, Thanks for the welcome . I'm sure I'll be around quite a bit over the coming weeks so I look forward to getting to know everybody :)

So, its nearly 22:30 and I've almost got day 1 over with. I'm chugging down the last little bit of my 3 litres of water. I think I've spent the majority of the day in the bathroom!

I had a Thai Chicken soup this evening and liked it when I first tasted it, however after a few mouthfuls I thought it was too sickly. Too thick and creamy. Has anyone else found this? Is there anything you've done to make it taste better? I used the hand blender, maybe I could try adding more water.

Tomorrow I think I'm going to split a bar and a shake and have half of each for breakfast and the same for dinner. I'll give it a go, see if it helps.

I feel pretty lousy to be honest. I've got a fuzzy head and I'm STARVING lol... I don't think its helped that TOTM started today plus I still have the dregs of a cold that I've had for a couple of weeks. BUT I'm still as motivated as I was yesterday. I'm gonna do this. Hopefully the next couple of days won't be too bad. I'm just glad that I'm at home at the moment and not having to try and deal with work whilst going through this!

I hope you are all doing well :)

Karen x

First day done! Well done you!

I always use 300-350ml of water for all the soups and a hand blender. It's to thick somehow if you use the right amount- with the shakes if always stuck the right amount for a shake but used more if making a mocha coffee or latte with the vanilla. The chocolate made with peppermint tea is nice too :). Try the water flavours they help make 3 litres drinkable and you can have a mug of bullion during the day if you're needing something hot and extra.

Good luck! Everyday will be one less day to worry about- they soon add up :)

Hi Annie

Thanks for the tips, I'll give that a try. I made the chocolate shake at lunchtime with hot water as I was so cold and added loads of extra water. It was still nice though!

Can I get the bullion from the supermarket? Think that sounds like a good idea! Also, can you just have one per day? Sorry for all the questions!

Karen x

One a day I think cos it's calorific but yeah I pick it up in tesco- next to the veg stock.

I like the chic milkshake made with black coffee in the evening although recently I've moved over to the porridge. :)

Hope it's going well! Onwards and downwards!

Day 2 (100% Completed)

Had a terrible nights sleep last night. Woke up at 03:00 with horrendous toothache. Took some paracetamol and ibuprofen and made a heat pad which managed to get me back to sleep. Woke up this morning and still had it. I've been climbing the walls today its been that bad. Will have to ring the dentists tomorrow, I think :(

Other than that, I THINK I feel ok. I definitely feel better in myself than I did yesterday so that's good.

3lbs Down since yesterday. I know some people don't agree with daily weighing but when I did it before, that was my motivation. My scales weigh to a fifth of a pound so its likely I'll see some kind of drop. Even if I don't and have an increase or STS, I have a spreadsheet that calculates the average for the last 5 days so provided I follow the diet properly then I will always see a loss. I know I might be coming across as a bit obsessive, my friends have laughed at me in the past with all my graphs, charts etc but thats what motivates me. Thats what's keeping me on the straight and narrow. I don't want to have to do this for any longer than absolutely necessary before I go on to reintroducing food.

After having a chat with my mum last night, I decided to re-evaulate my goal weight and have set it at 10 stone. Seems more achievable in my mind to start with.

Anyway, hope everyone else has had a good day :D

Good morning :)

Sounds like things are going in the right direction for you both, Claire, a big well done to both of you!

So far, so good. I was actually excited this morning about getting up to weigh myself and get started. Official starting weight is 13 stone 10 lb :mad: So cross with myself for letting this happen. Oh well, at least I am doing something about it now.

When I lost so much weight before, it helped me to see everything visually so I've set up some spreadsheets and charts to track weight, measurements etc. I remember really struggling to see a difference in myself, even after losing quite a lot so I'm going to be having weekly pictures taken wearing the same outfit. Something I didn't do before until a few months down the line last time.

I decided that I'd start with a bar every morning to try and get the metabolism going. I don't normally have breakfast so I struggled a bit with it. I had the Toffee, Nut and Raisin bar this morning and I must say, I was very pleasantly surprised with the taste and the size.

I'm about 0.5L of water in so far. To be honest, I think this is going to be the hardest part. I am freezing! Unfortunately, I was laid off at work the week before last so at least I'm at home and can go and warm myself up with a hot bath or something.

So, day 1 has started and I'm good to go. Onwards and upwards (or should that be onwards and downwards?!).

Hope you all have a great day :D

Sorry not been around for a while, so busy sorting out DS's birthday which is next week.

So, how is it going now?

I think we are all mad at ourselves for getting to the weight we are but yes we are doing something about it and we will do it!!
I'm glad that someone else does a chart, I did last year but haven't started one yet this time but may do it after checking out the diaries.

I hate the bars!!!!!! Instead I have Tesco meal bars. They do raspberry and chocolate. Not too keen on choc one but the raspberry one is delicious. I never was a chocolate person, give me crisps any day!!! I also add more than the recommended water to all my shakes and all soups except the tomato one, for some reason I like that thick. They are very creamy though but you get more used to them the further you get into the diet. I secretly really quite like the soups now. The shakes are ok although this time the chocolate one seems to have a funny taste when it was my favourite when I did Exante last year. I always have it hot as I used to drink hot chocolate at work every night.

When I first did Exante last year I really struggled with the water intake. Every evening before bed I fill a 2l bottle with tap water and put in the fridge so I can keep track on my intake. Plus I have a flask of veg oxo at work every night which is about another 1/2 litre.

Off to have my shake now, strawberry today (not very strawberry tasting though :))

Hope day 2 is going well for you.

Claire x

Hi how are you doing today? Day 17 for me, yesterday was a stressfull day, spent the afternoon at hosp with my daughter 34 weeks pregnant, with placenta Previa which means a cease rain when the time comes so they are keeping a clear eye on her. Everything good though. By the time I got home last night, I just wanted chocolate! But hubby got me a coffee and gave me a talking to!!! As how I would beat myself up mentally if I slipped off diet!! Bless him he was right, so stuck with it had a dr pepper zero instead and feel good today.

Hope you are doing well
Gill
X

Back