2012 - Purple's Slow n' Steady Progress

Purple Hugs

Loves weight.. training!
I got rid of my baby weight in 2011 so now I want to see progress to 'pre-chidren' weight..

Gained half a stone over Halloween / Samhain and Yule / Christmas. So.. it's time for action! :cool:

I'm 40 in February and would like to be about 10-14lbs down by then. Not sure if this is possible but will give it a go... whatever I'm down it'll be better than up!

Fitness wise, Uni is taking it's toll on my time so riding my horse will need to wait till spring - due to lack of confidence through not riding regularly and my horse who is young being a bit 'keen' when we do ride. So regular riding with more daylight needed.

In the meantime I'd like to start a belly dancing class that runs local to me. I have always fancied it and reckon it'll be a giggle. But also it's quite interesting from a spiritual / womanhood perspective. We are beautiful in many ways we just get caught up in societies viewpoint too often. So I hope this will help me realise this more.

So mainly this year my goal is self esteem, weight loss and fitness.

My 'ideal' weight is a healthy one...

Well thats it 1st Jan over with.. survived without too much damage - I think! lol
Weigh in tomorrow.. AF came this morning though so taking the scales answer lightly -whatever it shows will change.

Starting that belly dancing class on Thursday.. eek.. should be a laugh! :p

Day 1 - fine for the morning but then hit a 'need real food' moment at lunchtime, I stayed out of the kitchen till it passed and got through it.
So far 2 tesco's choc shakes (tinned) and 1 pack of whitworth apricots (dried) - small snack pack. Have had 2 cups of tea too but no sugar.

Dinner tonight will be special as DD1 is out on a sleepover and we're going to wait till DD2 and DD3 are in bed! lol Peace for us for a change it's rare! lol Not special food wise though I promise.. promise myself! lol

First day went really well, had a lovely pumpkin ravioli dinner (tesco's finest fresh ravioli). Sat through DH eating mince pies and cream.. and he 'helped' me by tucking into the remains of my malibu too! lol At my request I must admit.
Totally motivated this morning and feeling good.. taking daily notes of my weight but will post weekly. :)

well done, sounds like your very motivated. i'm on day 3 of slimfast & so far so good. at times i do feel a bit sick, do you experience that. Keep up the Fab work :) x

well done, sounds like your very motivated. i'm on day 3 of slimfast & so far so good. at times i do feel a bit sick, do you experience that. Keep up the Fab work :) x
Hi, no don't have nausea, are you drinking a lot of water? You need to keep your fluids up and positive - i.e. water etc rather than tea and coffee... Gotta flush that fat out! :D I add ice-cubes to my shakes to thicken them and make them colder - just how I like it but it's a bit extra water intake too.

I'm not a big fan of water! lol

Thanks both for the support - I hope I hold onto the positive stage for a while. :) it comes and goes doesn't it! lol

Another good day today, didn't have a shake this morning though - tut tut's from my hubby but I got up late and wasn't hungry but I had a shake and a banana after it so was full at lunch. :) lovely.

Falafals for tea tonight - one weight watchers roll and salad, scrummy. :D

Morning all! :)
Off to Belly Dancing tonight.. omg! lol never done any form of dance so should be a giggle! lol I've fancied that for years though so fingers x'd i enjoy it. :)

Another good day yesterday. :) Am looking forward to weighing in as feel so positive.

Finally I'm back on track and not even missing naughty things. :)

Hubby made me laugh saying he did his 'husbandly duty' and ate the last of the mince-pies yesterday! lol Bless him he's lived with me a long time!! lol

I'm looking forward to kissing goodbye to the 12 stone mark before spring, to be in the 11's would be amazing and literally the first time for 15 years!! :D

Bring it on!!

Really enjoyed Belly dancing tonight - gonna have to embrace my inner girl though.. I'm a jeans and t-shirt kind of girl and they looked so glam in floating skirts / tops and of course all the coin belts etc. :)
Kept up well with the physcial side, lost my 'arms' a little now and then with the steps but that will come I'm sure. :) I must say it looks really graceful (on the others) lol some have been going for 6 years though so it would. lol
they were really welcoming too and very supportive while we were dancing. :)

Def going back!! ;)

Well.. on getting home I thought i was cold from the exercise then driving home after.. but the chills are still with me, extreme temp and shivers. :( Feel REALLY rough.
I slept till around 2am but on and off as head killing me.. do you go into ketosis with this?? I wouldn't have thought so, but here I am feeling like ****.
Maybe it's just one of those colds / flu type things. Well today I am going to eat - sensibly. But eat all the same, need to let my body settle down.

Spk soon. I've got Uni on monday and truly hope I'm better by then as no way could I drive 110 miles round trip let alone last the day 9am - 7pm. :( I leave the house at 6am and won't get back till 9pm. :(

Well I'm still full into a chest and ear infection (off to the quacks tomorrow to get anti-biotics as still got problems maintaining my temp). lack of sleep is getting to me I must admit. I'm sweating one min and freezing the next - annoying to say the least as it's been this way since thursday now.

My youngest who is 2 hurt her foot yesterday so I ended up at A&E with her.. hubby had had a beer so it fell to me to drive. :( She is ok nothing broken but can't walk at the moment for pain so is learning to cruise on her bum. Poor love I do feel sorry for.. but kids eh! lol who'd have them! But for 3 children that is my first visit to hospital with one of them. :p

I'm back to uni tomorrow and really need to be in for the first sessions so will ring the dr's from there.

I'm pleased with the start to my weight loss just need to get back on the wagon now.

Hope you feel better soon Purple_hugs, and the first week back to uni goes well. Im back tomorrow from my Christmas break.

What course are you studying?

How are you finding the shakes when your not feeling well, Ive not been feeling to well, and at the moment, ive been struggling to have two of them a day, but I managed to stomach two today :) x
Hope your daughter gets better soon with her foot.

Back