2013 - what will it bring?

Mandlegrot

Gold Member
We have all survived the Mayan end of the world...and we've all survived (or are still getting over) the fallout from xmas and new year...now lets think forwards and NOT BACK to gains or issues you had with how you dealt with christmas...What will 2013 bring you? Set a few long term annual targets - be realistic - but also remember that its a whole year and there is so much you can do in a year!

Heres mine...

1. Get Gold and Platinum Body Magic (I'll be getting Gold tomorrow, which will be a great boost!)
2. Keep an exercise diary and ensure I sustain current levels (or sorry, pre-xmas!) levels of exercise
3. Work towards swimming a mile in under an hour....currently I can do it in 72 mins...I'm asthmatic and am always swim without inhalers to push myself and I'm slowly making progress!
4. Get my club ten and stone and a half in January.
5. Get 4 stone award by end of 2013!

In order to do this, I am setting mini targets - like get my 2 stone before end of February for holiday to India...get my 3 stone before summer...try and sustain over summer (festivals, cider, festivals, did I say cider??) then get to 4 stone before xmas. I'm going to give myself rewards for every half stone and mini target I make. Haven't thought of what yet, but that will keep me going...

6. is definatley deal better with xmas and new year!
7. Cut back on alcohol ( one of my main problems tbh) I am hoping to not drink at all until Jan 26th...then 2 weeks off until my birthday weekend in Feb...then again nothing until I go to India...cut drink out of everyday life!

So what are you aiming for in the long run? I would like to say I could achieve target this year but I'm going to keep it slow and steady...if I get there, great! If not, I'll get that final 2 stone off before summer 2014.

Good luck everyone!

Were are you going in India? We're going in March, fly to Mumbai, stay 4 nights, internal flight to Kolkata to watch opening IPL match, train to Darjeeling, 4 nights there, then internal flight back to Mumbai for another match then home. I'm so excited.

I've no goals as such for this year, but want to keep fit, I cycle to work & will continue, me & OH do a lot of walking. I want to improve things a work - a huge task, were getting there! I've started to learn crochet & i'd like to get better & make myself something.

otherwise just plan more holidays & mini breaks.

i live near Cuerdan Valley & last summer they held their first cider festival, just 20 ciders tochose from, but it was really good, hopefully we'll go again this year.

I want to get to target and be pregnant by end of the year :) nice and simple x

Nice thread :D I would love to get to 10st (and even maybe 9 and a half if I reach the ten) It's only a stone and a half away, so I deffo should be able to do it! If I don't then I'm rubbish ahaha!!
I will graduate as a teacher, and hopefully get my first job in a nice school :) That's about it for me! x

Mine are pretty simple too, they are in order below - hope it all goes to plan!

1. To be half way to target (1.5lbs to go, total 4st 3.5lbs lost)

2. Get my BMI to 35 before I get to the fertility clinic (they still won't treat me but at least they'll see that I'm serious about losing the weight). No idea when this will be but we're being referred this month so I guess it'll be a couple of months after that? I need to lose another stone to get my BMI to 35 so that's doable in a couple of months right?

4. Get my BMI to 30 so that I can have the treatment (if necessary) and get to target (8st 7lbs lost) before my 35th birthday in September.

5. Be pregnant by Xmas, hopefully sooner!

General things -

Take up some form of exercise as I don't do any at the moment.
Get settled in my job.
Help husband get a new (better paid) job so hopefully we're not going to be so stressed about money when baby time comes.
To chill out a bit!

Hope everybody's dreams come true this year ;) xxx

Jan goals - Club 10 and 1.5st award, and get back into a good routine with exercise
2013 goals - Get to target and maintain it, keep working on reducing binge eating

I would like to stick to plan as much as possible and be comfortable wearing a bikini for the summer.

I aim to shift a stone by mid March.

I would also like to continue to be successful in my job this year which I started in 2012 and love.

Great thread!

I would like to get to target this year. Need to lose another stone then see bow I feel before setting final target.

I would like to be more consistent with exercise. Mbr of a gym and I enjoy going but a bit hit and miss at the moment!

I would also like to manage my time better and stop putting things off which then makes everything a last minute rush.

I'm sure there's lots more but this will do for now.

I would like to lose 4 stone this year. Continue with the 2 exercise classes I go to each week ( no excuses). Cut back on the alcohol. Drink either on a Friday or Saturday ( was doing well with this until the hols!) Need to think of mini goals....great thread!

Happy New Year!!! In 2013 I want to buy a size 12!!! At the beginning of my SW journey my mind set was all about losing the pounds but recently I have discovered the utter joy if buying & wearing clothes in a smaller size. Back in August I was in a size 20 trouser & 18 top (& that was very snug!) Last week I went popped into Dorothy Perkins to have a look at their sale. Saw a pair if 16 skinny jeans & a lovely jumper, size Medium. I threw caution to the wind & tried them on expecting not to be able to do the jeans up & for the top to be too tight. But 5 mins later (& a small celebration dance to myself in the changing room) I was buying said items & had enormous pleasure in wearing them to a family do that night. Felt fantastic!! So yes I want to lose more weight (2 more stone by end if April) but more than anything I want to be able to wear a size 12. CJxxx

This is a nice positive thread! I hope everyone achieves everything they want to :D
It's a good point people are making about wearing vest tops and being able to buy smaller sizes...I love knowing I'm lighter and stuff, but the best part for me is getting the smaller clothes...and eventually being able to wear vest tops! It's such a simple thing that so many people take for granted, but being bigger and sweating out the summer in cardi's and leggings/tights is AWFUL! It will be wonderful to be able to feel like I can wear a nice dress and not look horrible!! :)

Good work everyone :)

Happy new year to you all, by the way!

Its nice to set smaller, monthly/weekly targets but I think its good to look further ahead - in winter, it will be very easy for me to lose weight but summer will be very difficult (I work a lot of festivals, and as we all know they are full of temptation, but mainly ALCOHOL!) so I thought this year to set annual targets as well as smaller ones. This will help me, and hopefully some of you, to not feel quite so bad when you don't get that pound or two off in jan...and instead look forward and remember that ITS NOT A RACE but a change in your lifestyle - lessons must be learnt, and mistakes will be made...but this is all about learning to deal with them, how to resist, and when to sit back and just enjoy it. I look back to when I was 5 stone lighter (I got dengue fever - not a good way to lose weight!!) and I didn't feel any different to now, as I wasn't consciously trying to be thinner, i was just ill. I remember being tempted by all the same things I am now, having 'lazy days', eating and drinking rubbish etc. and the weight crept back on (I was lowest in 2008).

For those of you at or near target, the hard work will begin soon :) Learning how to manage yourself at target, and how to deal with your weight going up and down in bits. Most importantly, remembering that you do need to modify your eating to sustain target weight - and not to think all of lifes problems will go away...you still need to food optimize ;)

A few more things I thought of that I want to to...

Get my NVQ3 through work.
Get my diploma in Horticulture finished (last module done through distance learning)
Get my allotment sorted!!! (200sqM so a lot of body magic!)

A year is a long time, and a lot can be done. Lets get out and do it ;)

Also a lot of you are talking about clothes sizes...I have never worn trousers haha!!! (I know!) Only stretchy leggings...I have a MASSIVE bum (not just because I'm big, but its my shape!) and finding trousers to accommodate my bum while fitting nicely is a no-go. Even when I lost 5 stone I was a size 10 on top, and a 14-16 on bottom, even though I was really a 12-14, but couldn't fit them on because of my bum. I have no idea what size I am as I avoid trousers or anything at a set size on the bottom (only lycra/stretchy stuff) but I think I might try some trousers on for a laff and to find out what I am - so I can see when I'm losing. A girl at my group I know has gone down 4 dress sizes in a few months and you can really see it, as her trousers look soooo big!! I can't see anything yet as my clothes are stretchy and will notice in a few stone when they hang...would like a reference though...

Good luck everyone! And if anyone can recommend me somewhere to buy clothes for old style curvaceous women (boobs, tiny waist, huge bum!) then point me in the direction!!! Clothes these days seem to be geared towards women with less curves which is awesome, unless you have massive hips !

Wise words Mandelgrot!

Pepperberry is very good for hourglass shapes ( got a great dress for Christmas) you can order online or visit one of their shops...part of the Bravissimo chain...got a great sale on now and gives you instructions of how to measure to make sure you get the right size.

Oooh never heard of them!! Will check them out, cheers!

I hate clothes shopping as my size is awkward and I have a funny taste (not what you'd call high street haha!) and usually buy stuff then rip it apart so I can get a pattern for my sewing machine haha! Or customise things to make them a bit more 'me'. Plus I'm very skint at the min so cost is a big one, but january sales are always good!

Big question though - do you bother buying clothes while you are losing weight?? i got 4 stone more to go, and my shape will no doubt change instead of 'size down'...this is the one big thing i hate about losing weight is that i just cant afford new clothes...but its got to be done. my big treat for a stone off target is to go on a dressmaking course in a city up the road, starts in september this year and if i lose 3 stone by june i'm gonna enrol.

I want to finally get to target,
I want to Improve things at work
and I want to get more active- I have a bored border collie pup waiting for long walks and hours of fetch! And a loony Lurcher who loves to run! So they will help me with that (and I will help mum by taking on a walk a day).

Back