2014 goals...

Phoenyx

Step away from the cake..
I saw this on the calorie counting thread and thought, what a good idea! We've got weight loss challenges, but what about beyond weight loss. Join me and post your 2014 goals here.

here are mine:

- reach goal weight - another 2 stone to go
- find a plan I can successfully maintain on - currently thinking WW simply filling (bit like slimming world but I find it easier to understand) or calorie counting
- 2 marathons (Brighton in April / San Francisco in July)
- start dating again (this scared me ten times as much as any of the above...)

good luck and may we all have a happy, healthy and amazing 2014.

Brilliant thread!!

Well the obvious ones are weight related for me!! Get into the 15s by March is a main one (not actually sure how achievable though I must work it out!!)
Other than that
1: Like you, start dating again eek!!
2: Regain a bit of a social life
3: Get more confidence driving!!
4: I'm honestly thinking about giving up sugar
5: Enjoy the last year with my little girl before she starts nursery and have as much fun together as possible!

My 2014 goals are:

.To restart s&s on 2/01/2014
.To find & fit into my perfect wedding dress
.To get into the 11s before dress shopping
.To get to 10.7 or less by April
.To get more active
.To start taking Poppy to mum & toddler groups
.To follow a sensible maintenance programme!

Feels so real talking about the above it's almost like I'm there already! Hehe

Most of our goals are very similar but my Goals for 2014 are:

1: Get to my sensible goal weight of 11 stone. Well I think I'll aim for 10.7 to allow for some regain during re-feed.

2: Find a sensible eating and exercise plan that helps me maintain my new weight while still allowing me occasional treats. I have promised myself i will never ever go above 12st again no matter what.

3: Book a cheap and cheerful holiday abroad for me and my family and go enjoy building sandcastles on the beach with my toddler, with me in a nice swimming costume instead of hiding away under big sun parasols.

4: Build up my confidence to start taking my toddler to more places like swimming to enjoy our last year together before he starts school.

5: Build up my driving confidence to allow me to start getting myself out more, at the minute my days out consist of going to my sons nursery or to the local supermarket.

6: Built up my self confidence to start taking care of my own appearance, I havnt had a haircut in over a year and I couldn't tell you one end of a makeup brush from the other, the most ive ever used is a tinted moisturiser so a makeup set is definately on my xmas list. And as soon as i get to goal i really need to go clothes shopping because my entire wardrobe consists of stretchy jeans and baggy tops, I need to get to my goal weight then repeat to myself that I am a 36yr old woman, I'm not 66 so I need to start paying more attention to my appearance.

7: I need to start having more nights out with my partner as every time he suggest going out together I always have a reason not to, I'm always either on a diet or I havnt got anything to wear but normally the real reason is that i just don't want to embarrass him with my weight so that all needs to stop.

8: Finally I just want to start enjoying my life with my partner and kids without my weight being on my mind 24/7 :) x

Last edited:
My goals for 2014:

- get to 10st category in March (get to at least 10st 7 by the end of March).

- fit into a 12

- start and finish insanity

- maybe get down to 9st 7 (just to allow a bit if gain to settle at my ideal weight of 10st 7 - 11st).

- never going above 11st!

My goals for 2014:

- get to 10st category in March (get to at least 10st 7 by the end of March).

- fit into a 12

- start and finish insanity

- maybe get down to 9st 7 (just to allow a bit if gain to settle at my ideal weight of 10st 7 - 11st).

- never going above 11st!

ive started insanity but never finished! I was thinking of another go at it next year, but it'll have to wait until September, so please do post your progress on here - I'd love to see it!

These are mine

Get to and maintain a weight of 82 kilos or less
Wear a fantastic dress to my friend's wedding in August. I'll try not to upstage her but as she's 25 and a size 8 I should be OK ;)
Plan a great celebration for my 50th birthday in May
Go on holiday with my partner and have loads of energy to do all the activities we want to do.
Be comfortable running 5k regularly

I love reading all your goals!! It'll be so nice to look back on this thread each time one of us achieves them.

My goals are:

1. Fit into a size 16 in a 'normal' clothes shop
2. Join the gym
3. Get down to my goal weight and maintain it
4. Start wedding dress shopping
5. Begin living my life

But the most important one of all is that my sister unfortunately became addicted to drugs and walked out on my niece so I became her legal guardian and she is only 7 and is always asking me to take her swimming and the day I feel small enough to walk into that pool with her is the day I will be so happy. Apart from the fact I'm doing this for myself, it is also for her:)

I just remembered this thread and thought I'd search it out as I'm refocusing today. Not doing too bad really.

Birthday celebrations are planned and I'm pretty confident I'll reach 82kgs although I'm going for a bit more now.

The running one still feels a bit distant but I'm thinking all those light summer mornings will get me there.

Six weeks in I'm happy with the progress. :)

-get under 11st
-gt into size 10 skinny jeans!!
-transiition into eating like a normal, slim person to match new slim bod
-more active! maybe running with c25k with the other half
-brand new wardrobe for brand new bod? will habve to start saving for that one I think!!

Back