2016 - The One Where I Learn To Look After Myself

hayley86

I am late to the new year health kick this year. I am of course blaming that on the fact I have a cold etc. I was all motivated on Sunday, when I was obviously planning on starting my healthy living on Monday morning. Unfortunately, I didn't plan much further than that. No meals planned, or time set aside to make food etc. Just stumbled through the day and ate what came to hand!

The thing is, I really need to lose weight. I'm just over 16st when I should be between 9&10st for my height. I have a little girl that I need to keep up with, and would dearly love a second child. I'd like to take a brisk walk without getting out of breath, and not feel like my hubby would be embarrassed to see me. I plan to lose weight all the time, then sabotage myself once I get past the planning stage. I'm not sure why I do this, constantly giving up and thinking I can start again tomorrow. One day, I'll run out of tomorrow's!!!

So I am starting a diary on here. Will make notes of what's working for me, what I'm struggling with etc. Hopefully somewhere along the line others may be able to offer me tips, or I might inspire someone else.

First things first. Baby steps. Tomorrow I can eat what I like. BUT I MUST drink 3 litres of water / squash and write down all food and drink in my diary (my paper one - don't worry I won't bore you all with every last cup of tea!!)
The water thing - I wouldn't normally aim for 3l of water but I have a horrible cold I want to get rid of.

Tomorrow I shall write more about me (perhaps someone out there is interested, though I doubt it.....). For now, it's off to Bedfordshire. Night all X

Welcome!

Great site here that should give you lots of inspiration. Also make a instagram account... If I'm having a ' no idea what to eat or make' moment I will scroll through insta and lots of photo's and ideas:)

Good Luck!

x

Good luck Hayley. Must say I am not the greatest planner but I do mentally add up my cals as I go through the day. Each to her own I say. I like my method!

Just a quick update .......

Got back from dropping my little girl at nursery. I have come home and sat down to English muffins and a cup of tea for breakfast - not the healthiest breakfast ever but a lot better than not eating or drinking anything as I'm cracking on with housework!!!
Speaking of which I'd better get some tidying done. Got to pick my daughter up at 12.

Welcome!

Great site here that should give you lots of inspiration. Also make a instagram account... If I'm having a ' no idea what to eat or make' moment I will scroll through insta and lots of photo's and ideas:)

Good Luck!

x

Thanks kylaa - I think I'm going to go through my hairy dieters cookbooks and slimming world magazines this weekend and put together a two week meal plan, but I might set up an instagram account for inspiration on difficult days. Thanks for the tip X

Not a great day so far. Starting the day with white carbs leads to wanting more sugar etc. I'm going to plan some meals over the weekend so I can resist temptation more! Will do a little meal prep as well (nothing major - will cut up chicken breasts and freeze in individual portions, that kind of thing).

So a little about me. Late 20s, currently addicted to chocolate/sugar. I'm married and we have a 3yr old daughter. Currently trying for no2 but not having much luck. I have pcos and don't seem to be ovulating at all at the moment. So I'm beating myself up over lack of weight loss even more than I normally would. There seems to be a baby boom at the moment; every time I look at Facebook there seems to be another birth or pregnancy announcement. Or worse still, someone asks me when we're having another!!! So you think wanting to get on top of the pcos so I could get pregnant would be a good weight loss incentive.....but I'm still in tomorrowland. ...I don't know why!!!

My bed is calling me.....night xx

Just popping by to subscribe. I am starting at a similar weight to you and also have pcos.
Hope you are having a good weekend :)

Well I've not been on here much for the last few days - that's nor all bad though. Sunday I was busy doing family stuff during the day, then I spent the evening reading. I read a whole book in one go and didn't go to bed until four am!! I need to do that more often - not read until four am because that is a stupid time to go to bed but I do need to read more - I don't snack or binge when I'm reading like I do when I'm watching telly or on the net.
Last night I went to bed early, understandably!! And I'm trying to spend as much time with my daughter as possible during the day - she's just started at preschool so I do housework while she's at nursery and then try and make the most of our time together before I go off to work.
Food not great yesterday as I was running on 3hrs sleep. Better today as I have had 3 meals but still a long way off what I should be doing. Will continue to do better every day!!!

I have also decided to be sensible and NOT follow a low carbon crash diet.im sure it works for some, but it produces ketones which are apparently toxic to an unborn baby. Since I'm trying to get pregnant I'm going to do the safest diet possible!!!!

Night all xx

Hey I'm a sugar addict too. I've realised I need to cut out white bread and pasta too as they are trigger foods for me.
How are you getting on?

So I have been neglecting this a little, but I have been getting into the habit of writing everything down in my paper diary. And on Friday at work I managed to have nothing but a few tic tacs, even when everyone else was eating fish and chips!!
I have also been wearing my fit bug. But I am nowhere near my 10,000 steps yet. But that's something to aim for.

I have been looking through some recipes - seen a nice one in the Asda magazine for lentil, spinach and chickpea curry that only takes 15 mins, so a perfect healthy midweek meal. And there is a nice looking pea mockamole. Yum!!!

Hi Hayley im also a really keen reader what are you into? what are you reading now xx
Hi natasha. I don't read anything too heavy - it's my release from the world!! I read romance novels, books set in the war etc, crime novels like Patricia Cornwell and val mcdermid. I like quite modern books - Cathy Kelly is one of my favourites. I have just finished Giovanna Fletchers first book - I really enjoyed that. A romantic story that wasn't too far fetched!! I used to read Danielle steel when I was younger (to balance out books I had to read for school like tess of the derbyvilles) but so many of her books are based in Hollywood and are all about expensive clothes etc. Boring.
What have you been reading?

Hey I'm a sugar addict too. I've realised I need to cut out white bread and pasta too as they are trigger foods for me.
How are you getting on?
Hi Lisa - yes white bread is evil!! It never fills me up and just leads to me picking. I have got some nice warburtons five seeded bread in for me. Pasta is an issue if I have it too often so I try to have new potatoes and basmati rice. I love a nice carbonara though!! Will have to do that one day this week ....
How are you doing?

Hi hayley

I'm good thanks. On my first day of 5:2 today so trying to keep busy and away from food till this evening.

I love carbonara too infact it's probably one of my favourite meals. Mmmm making me hungry now.

Warburton seeded bread is delicious and much better for you.

Hope you are having a good day x

Back