Tipperary wobbles into 2024

Yep, i might try the olive oil. I bought some lovely ones in Spain. Problem is i normally use it to dip bread into or pour it over tomatoes but both of them are out.
I did make a chia pudding with the seeds, cacoa and tinned coconut milk but i never really wanted it. Im not a dessert person. I might see if i can get a coconut milk yougurt or something similar.

Morning all, well up and down the same 100g all weekend. I feel i had a good day yesterday so if i stay on track today i am hoping for a loss tomorrow. Plan for today is the same for breakfast and same for lunch as yesterday. I have leftover chicken, sprouts and pumpkin packed. I checked the carb value of the veg, i assumed the pumpkin would be high, it was ok but i am surprised at how high the sprouts are, i suppose they are a very dense leafy veg.

Meals today same as yesterday.
Dinner was burger again with a slice of cheese, i had some soup with it and rocket with salt and pepper on it and really nice olive oil.
Fingers crossed for a nice number on the scales tomorrow. I havent had any exercise at all, im waiting to see what the doctor says on wednesday

A small drop this morning but i was expecting more. So hopefully tomorrow gives me a drop too. Not sure how today will go, im not at work but at a work conference in a hotel all day. So sitting uncomfortably on a hotel chair for 8 hours. I have my smoothie to take with me. But ive left my water bottle at work and also wont have access to unlimited herbal tea. I have my breakfast smoothie with me but will probably have to eat that outside. Im sure we will be given coffee and a scone but will avoid that. Its lunch i am concerned about, we will either be provided with sandwiches or left to fend for ourselves. Not sure what options i will have.

Any drop is a good drop although i understand it's frustrating when you're expecting more.

Hope the day flies past and your behind isn't too uncomfortable :).

Day went fine, i was a saint with food. Started with giant scones with jam and cream, i avoided and had green tea. Then tea break was home made cookies, i had my smoothie. Lunch had a number of tasty options and i went for the chicksn ceaser salad, it had pinenuts instead of croutons. Then dessert was a platter with 3 desserts, my colleagues shared mine. I drank over a litre of water and 4 cups herbal tea.

Home now and had more of the spinach and chorizo soup, another bit of leftover pumpkin and sprouts and a fried egg. Fasting started now.

Wow you really were a saint, what fab work to say no to all the bad stuff!

I was the opposite...

How do you make the spinach and chorizo soup? That sounds lovely.

The soup is a little bir each of onion, carrot and leek and a full bag of spinach cooked in stock or water.. Then blitzed. The i add choped chorizo and chopped scallions and then check seasoning. The chorizo adds a nice flavour and it doesnt need much

Morning, and another teeny drop again. Sunday Monday and Tuesday i have been so on plan and trying hard. No wine and no snacks. If i could be guaranteed this teeny loss continuosly then i would be happy to stay on plan and would stay focussed.
Im missing exercise right now. But will see consultant today and see what he says. Annoyingly hip has been fine since Friday, but then is this because i have done nothing and put no pressure on it. Just lying down, and only worked 3 days last week. Wbo knows🤔
Smoothie for breakfast at 11 and then have meatballs and spinach out of the freezer for lunch. I have the last of the soup packed in case i end up working late after the appointment, if not that will be dinner.

Good luck with the consultant, don't let them put you off just because the hip isn't sore today.

And well done on another loss - I hate to say it (because I love it too) but wine and weight loss don't make for happy bedfellows :(.

Morning all, well visit with consultant went well and finally finding some answers. He agreed with the first ER doctor and disagreed with the other consultant.
So three possible issues, in my simplified terms
1. Problem with the outer joint, known as bursitis.
2. Problem with the ball and socket joint, know as arthritis
3. A tear in the "lip" which surrounds the ball and socket joint.

1. Yes i have it, he could even feel it. And gave me a big giant cortisone injection in it.
2. Nope, i have perfect movement in the hip. And while the x ray may have shown some wear and tear in the joint it is not significant to be an issue.
3. I possibly have it, and if so is causing the majority of the pain. And this is the one that eases when i rest. However this can only be confirmed by a MRI. The disc i brought with me wouldnt open.

So, he treated the bursitis and said wait 6 weeks. If the pain goes we know it was just that and i may need future cortisone injections. But this is definitly one of the causes.
If in 6 weeks i am still having problems then another MRI to find the tear.

I have found a 5 day week at work (which means 5 days driving) , walking and a busy weekend and the pain is bad.
A 3 day work week, a lazy weekend and no walking and i have very little pain.

So walked very slowly back to work from the appointment as leg felt a bit dead. But it got very painful last night and it also feels like my thigh muscle has "petrified". It will take a few days to calm down and a few weeks before i feel any benefits

Ok so food wise Wednesdsy stayed on plan and then fell off. Had my smoothie at 11 and the lunch at 1pm was batch cooked meatbslls and spinach. I stopped at Tesco to look for dairy free high fat low carb yougurts, and found none. So bought a good greek yogurt. Then in a health food shop found hazlenut milk yougurts. I bought 2 and had one at my desk at 4pm. They taste fine and just right for snack cravings. But at 3g carbs will have to be monitored. Still a lot less carbs than the majority of yougurts available

Came home then and was tired and very sore. I had the last of the soup and a burger.
But then i had 3 glasses of red wine. And after the burger i wanted something sweet and crunchy to take the taste of meat away. A chocolate digestive would habe been perfect👌. But we didnt have any so i ended up with 2 slices of toast and butter. It was the perfect comfort food under a quilt watching TV.

Just off the scales and finally have a decent loss, so this week paying off now. Im am (drum roll) at my lowest weight this year. But its not official until tomorrows Friday weigh in. And it is only tomorrow that last nights wine but in particular toast will show.
So fingers crossed for then. I have told some of my collegues that i might celebrate by wearing my Cath Kidson trousers again. I need to check the weather but will have a longer top with them and sleeves as its colder out now.

Will have lots of water to try to flush out the toast carbs. I have a "desk day" at work so can run to the bathroom all i like😂

Smoothie made for breakfast, some sort of a chicken curry out of freezer for lunch, an almond milk yougurt for 4pm munchies. Not sure what for dinner, maybe fishfingers. And i have a chicken carcass in tbe pressure cooker now, i kept all the fat and juices too from the roasting pan so they went in too.

Ok, i really need to stay positive today and to hold onto this loss for tomorrow to give me an official low🙏

Morning all again😊
Starting a bit later today at work as not restricted by time and yesterday i spent 25 mins driving and then 50 mins in traffic travelling 1km. Hopefully today i should get a handy 50 minute commute.

Well Cath Kidson didnt go as planned. For a "sit down" day the waist was a bit uncomfortable. Lets call it toast bloat😒. So wearing a Desigual woolen tunic dress. I bought it at least 2 years ago in Paris and this is the third wear this season as it only fits properly now. It still shows rolls of back fat but well that just gives me reason to stay motivated.
Once my hip settles im going to try to go swimming again, i really enjoy it and it works wonders on upper arm and back fat for me.

Chicken stock made and is now back in the pot with garlic, cauliflower and some almonds. I will blitz it up before i leave.

Wow a really eventful couple of days - I'm so pleased the consultant is taking it all seriously and it's fab that it's not arthritis! How's your leg feeling now, less "petrified"?

And yahoo on a good result tomorrow, got everything crossed for you!

Back