Tipperary wobbles into 2024

Ok, scrap that. Ive just been😂. Thankfully.
Never had it like that before. I even had wine and chocolate last night as both of them cause me to go more often.
I have been drinking lots of water and drinking lots of herbal tea, but will increase them. I got a second water bottle to leave at work cos i either forget to bring it in or forget to bring it home. I thought i was eating lots of veg, but will pay more attention to that.
Ive added psyllium to my smoothie for today, thats supposed to help. I hope it doesnt make it too thick.
I was supposed to go swimming this morning but my "bits below" feel a bit delicate now so going to give them a rest. However i think i will go for a short walk before work. I dont plan on being there before 9.30am.

Back again😜.
Lots to say today. Im getting so fed up with my job. Its a horrible job and i hate the commute. But my normal good humour is getting dragged down by the realities of being in a city centre, and a tough city centre. Over the past few months the city has gone into lockdown due to 2 murders. I drive past one of the sights every day. Yesterday i had to mount the footpath in the car to allow an ambulance get by. Then was stuck in the traffic for over and hour while they cleared an accident, cyclist V truck, i dont know the outcome. And last week a colleague and i went for a walk at lunchtime and found an elderly man on the ground after been mugged. She consoled his wife who was hysterical and i got the ambulance.
Its just a lot of city reality that ive never been exposed to and find its bringing me down.
I work in a building with security guards and bulletproof glass. But now dont feel safe walking back to my car in the dark, its only a 5 minute walk but definitely didnt feel comfortable on Monday night. The 500m walk means going past 2 methadone clinics and through what i call junkie alley. Ive sat at the traffic lights and watched drug deals happen in the car in front of me. And yesterday on tea break we watched a gang of guys come to our office and left one outside holding all their knives while they came in, well at least they left them outside🙄.
Sorry just venting, but as i say its a lot of stuff i havent been exposed to before and find it just brings me down. I have applied for a transfer but dont qualify for one until June 2021😢

So pleased the tummy drive through issues are sorted! I've had a bit of constipation lately too, it's not fun at all.

And I so get you on the negatives of city living dragging you down - is there any other option apart from a transfer?

Gosh that sounds awful Tip - it's weird though, I worked in a city centre for years and never saw anything like that and then my job was moved to an industrial park which is poorly served by transport (I don't drive), badly lit and has had bodies found on so I feel much less safe here than I did in the city centre though Newcastle does have it's dodgy areas. But if you don't like the job as well as the location is it worth starting a job search?

Here is official Friday weigh in
76kg, up from 75kg, 75.6kg, 77. 3kg
BMI 33.33 up from 33, 33.16, 33.9
A gain of 1kg this week and far from my target74.5kg.

Not what i wanted but in a few ways ive had a tough week and am ok with it. But determined to do better next week

Gosh that sounds awful Tip - it's weird though, I worked in a city centre for years and never saw anything like that

But if you don't like the job as well as the location is it worth starting a job search?

I agree Snowy, i worked in Dublin city centre and always felt safe even in the early hours of the morning
But this city is a tough place and known for it. Im am still job hunting, and on a few panels. But this job is permanent and pensionable both of which right now are very important to me. Only 18 months left to go before i can transfer back to my own home.

Sorry about the gain but at least it wasn't the 77kg one that was the final result. Hopefully something comes up job wise but if not at least you can transfer in 18 months

Evening all. Been a busy few days and havent been logging any food or paying attention to what ive been eating. Lots of bread based meals and a good bit of Toblerone. Need to stay focussed the next few days and then im off to Paris for the weekend.

Morning, up a HUGE amount this morning and not surprised at all, annoyed but not surprised. Not had a great weekend at all including been up all Saturday night. Plan is to go swimming now before work and hopefully tomorrow morning too. But need to be in work early for Wed and Thurs. Off to get dressed now, have a good day all.

Yep, was hoping to be smaller to go as i want to buy some clothes but dont want to buy "they'll fit me soon" clothes.
Just need to work at it harder.
Went swimming this morning, only 12 lenghts as was stuck for time.
Hope to go again tomorrow and Wednesday.
Smoothie for breakfast, keto lasagne for lunch and almond milk yogurt. Coconut chocolate milk at 4pm. Chicken kiev and sprouts now for dinner.

good on you with the swimming, you seem back on it, I think I've read that carbs hit hard on a low carb diet if you do slip so it might be water weight caused by that.

How do you make your chocolate coconut milk? Is it tinned milk or carton milk?

Its carton coconut milk. So a mug of the mik, teaspoon cacoa powder, shake cinnamon and some grated ginger. Whiz it up together and then heat it at work. I do it to up my fat content a bit and also cos its nice and warm and keeps me going if i have a long day at work.

Dropped some of the gain but not all of it yet,but moving in the right direction.
Going swimming now. Then smoothie at 11am, chicken kiev and sprouts for lunch and i have almond milk smoothie and coconut milk hot chocolate packed for lunch. No idea what is for dinner.

Lovely sounding menu yesterday - and I think Snowy's right, that it's water weight from the carby intake.

I remember when I did Atkins that every time I had a slip, it would hit really hard - mind you, what eating plan doesn't! :)

Its carton coconut milk. So a mug of the mik, teaspoon cacoa powder, shake cinnamon and some grated ginger. Whiz it up together and then heat it at work. I do it to up my fat content a bit and also cos its nice and warm and keeps me going if i have a long day at work.
Cool I always thought the carton wasn't high in fats but the tin was. I will check it out as I've been buying almond milk but aldis almond milk still has some carbs.

As far as i remember its higher in fats than the almond milk bur ywp it is way lowwe than the coconut milk

Dinner became a burger and wilted spinach with greek yogurt.
Feeling a bit weird today, dizzy and with a heavy head... Or a light head. I dont really know which. I now have a really bad headache and a tense neck. Im hoping its just "keto flu" and will go. But there is a bug at work going around.

Morning, another small drop. Am now 900g from lowest weight a few weeks ago. But still need to work hard at it. Dont think ill get it this week. Am away for the weekend and will enjoy food and drink for the weekend, including cake from Fauchon the best cake shop in the world. And then another 3 weeks or so to work hard until the christmas festivities begin.
Not going swimming this morning, up too late for early swim as need to be in work befode 9am this morning. A full day standing so not sure if i will be up to a swim this afternoon.
Lunch today is thai green chicken and veg curry. And smoothie is almond, raspberry, flaxseed, pysllium and almind milk. Choc milk today slightly different as ive no cacoa left. So coconut milk, cinnamon, ginger and a spoon of meridan choc and hazlenut spread. I need to buy more almond milk yougurt and some eggs, i think an omlette for dinner.

Lovely sounding menu - and how are you feeling today? If you suspect it is keto flu, a big mug of stock in hot water helps with that (something to do with the salt, I think).

I had to go google Fauchon - OMG!!!!

Back