Tipperary wobbles into 2024

They say to lie on your front if your having lung problems. More air can get into them.

You have been ill for a long time now. What does your Dr say?

He says to wait for results but it does seem to be a post viral cough regardless of what the virus is. He is sending me a cert today so GR can sign off on leave.

Morning didnt quite go as planned. Spent too much time browsing her so was too late to go for walk. Had smoothie for breakfast at about 10am and lunch at one was two cheap and nasty frozen burgers, the last of my coleslaw and rocket and spinach leaves with olive oil. Plan for dinner is stir fried chicken with konjac noodles and spinach.
Hope to get out for a walk but i am totally exhausted. I do want some exercise though and some air in my lungs. While i may not be coughing as much my chest feels tight and i can identify if it is lungs or heart, if it is illness related or stress or imagined. Hard to know.
Daughters gone to GP to get baby her immunisations and should come back with sick cert for me. At least then i can email manager and hopefully be sorted with HR.This is an unknown situation for them too. They have been authorised to approve 2 weeks special leave for those told to self isolate but want confirmation of this. I was out 3 weeks so they are unsure what to do

Hi, wrong cert from GP, am fuming but have something for them. Went for a short 2km walk once i finished work. Feel a bit better for it. Dinner in oven, i threw some spinach leaves into a dish, chicken, onions, almonds and some greek yogurt. Should be done in a few minutes.
Ive to water the tunnel later, waiting on it to get a bit cooler.

Ended up yesterday with packet of crisps and 1 glass white wine. Not too bad overall, will do a roundup of yesterday later. Going to get ul snd go for a walk now.

Morning how is everyone. Weather dull here but i hope it stays dry as i have some outdoor gardening to do.

Morning! Gosh I hope your chest is feeling easier today, and you've sorted out your leave?

All good here, a lovely sunny day.

Morning all. Well been missing in action for a while.
Back at work and working from home 8am to 4pm everyday. Some days there doesnt seem to be much work and other days its just way too busy. We have set up an office for 2 of us here and the room is just soooooo cold. Jumpers and thermal socks keeping us warm while the others are all put in the garden in shorts.
My sick leave, work from home and annual leave all seem to be sorted. Im hoping lockdown will keep me working from home until September and then i have 6 weeks off.
My Covid19 test eventually came back as not detected 34 days after been tested. Whatever i had really knocked me out and still not 100% myself. Mild cough still but its not a chesty cough its a tickle and aggravation in my throat and i cough mistly now when i eat.
Lots getting done in the garden and polytunnel. Ive used my holiday money for it. I probably go to the tunnel about 5 times a day starting with my 7am tea. Lots finally growing and now self sufficient in salad leaves. Husband getting lots of outdoor work and finally after 12 years we will get our patio finished.

So, food, drink, exercise and dieting. Nope, not a hope. Its like when we eat we dont know when we will again so eat everything and no waste. Also with long warmer evenings there has been garden wine, and more than normal cos no driving to work in the morning.
So ive become HUGE and can feel it. My face and neck feel swollen, my abdomen huge, fat ankles. My hip, lungs and heart are all feeling the effects of it.
Because of the uncertainty of how day to day living goes, what will change and when, its been hard to make plans. Anyway, thats just all a load of excuses.
Ive just been for a short walk, had risotto for breakfast. Gardening today inside and outside. And we have a birthday tomorrow. Then strict on myself from Tuesday morning.

Off to catch up on everyones mutterings, talk later.

Ah love i hear you about the eating - we're all eating like there's no tomorrow! I start my new WOE tomorrow, can't wait - my body WILL be a temple (eventually) lol.

Sorry you're still not 100% healthwise, and I can't believe it took all that time for the test to come back! But at least work is all sorted, that's great - so just concentrate on eating well and looking after yourself xx

Back on track on Tuesday. Bank holiday today and we have a birthday also

It is hard getting back on it. Taken me two weeks to feel like it is working. I'm still having sweet cravings but I will not give in.

Let tomorrow count then the next day. You can do it.:)

Morning all

The stark facts, i am exactly 82kg which is too big.
My BMI is now 35.96 which is bad. I promised myself never to go above 35 again.
Will update my stats and ticker later.

Day one of Rocking Lockdown.

I WILL ROCK LOCKDOWN DAY ONE

Ok stats updated and my ticker below will change overnight.
Going back to keto, it seems to give me the best results and also i feel better on it. But still i need to watch the cheese and eggs i think. Also its a lazy approach as im not going to meticulously weigh everything.

Ideally will have breakfast after 10am of smoothie with blueberries, almonds, flaxseed, cacoa, almond milk and added magnesium, vit b and glucosimine.
Then a meal about 1pm and one by 6pm. Plan is protein based with salad leaves or some homemade soup. Today i have taken keto lasagne out of the freezer for lunch and coconut chicken goujons for dinnervwith some salad leaves. We are now self sufficent in salad leaves from the polytunnel.

Ive been for a walk, just a short 2km at 7am. It was 22mins so 11mins a km. Im not going to stress about time or distance, i just want to start feeling better.

So 9.30am now and ive just finished cup 3 of peppermint tea and am sitting at my desk working now.

Start up the cheering squad cos im going to need your help and support over the next 2 weeks. If i can get to 2 weeks it gets easier

Go Tipp go!!!! :)

You will do brilliantly on keto hun, your meals always sound lovely and being able to use your own fresh, homegrown salad leaves is fabulous!

Getting back into a routine always works well for you too, so you're off to a great start!

Thanks. So breakfast was smoothie at 11am. Lunch was the keto lasagne, it was small and had it with some egg salad and 2 cracottes. Dinner just now some chicken giujons, half avocado, more egg salad and another 2 cracottes. And ive had tea and 3 choc digestives. Not perfect but a big improvement on what it has been.
Challenge no is to get my water level to 2L, ive already had lots of herbal tea so making it harder. And not to have any wine. Im off to do more woek in the tunnel to stay away from temptation.

Ok fay one over. I only managrd 1.5l water but also 6 mugs of herbal tea.
Having no wine was achieved
A short walk.
Carbs i had were cracottes which are quite low and choc digestives.
Happy with day one.

I bought a waffle maker in Lidl today. The plan was to make chaffles. But then the recipe i found had egg and grated mozzarella. Well they must becusing chrap processed mozzarella cos real mozzarella wont grate, you just tear it apart. Anyway, will make some sort of batter and give it a try.

I will ROCK lockdown day 2

A good start with a 2km walk. I know it is only a short walk but 3 weeks ago I couldnt even breath going up the stairs. Yesterdays walk was 21 mins 24 seconds. Today it was 20mins 23 seconds. I deliberately tryed to go faster coming back and stretched my legs further.
Smoothie mixed for breakfast, hoping to have it 10.30am or 11 ish if I can.
Not sure yet whats for lunch or dinner. I have chicken thighs so thai green curry will be one. Then i might try to make some waffles and have with ham and the last of the egg salad and salad green. I used to make courgette fritters, just a pancake batter with grated courgette in in, i wonder would that work in the waffle maker. Courgette, almond milk, coconut flour or psyllium and egg. I really dont want chaffles just egg and cheese. Will hunt for some recipes.
Already had 600ml water, thats the size of my water bottle. I have 2 and one is always with me and one in the fridge. I just fill them from the tap but sometimes our water is high in fluoride but if you leave it to settle it dissapates. First mug of tea gone too, today its green tea with seaweed and mint.

Stay strong everyone, we can do this and stay safe

Back