Tipperary wobbles into 2024

Do report back on the chaffles, I bought a waffle maker to do them but never got around to it! Can't see why you couldn't use grated courgette, people seem to throw all sorts of things in them - maybe steam the courgette first?

Finely grated courgette should be fine.
So ive made a batter as i would regular batter with egg and almond milk. And then used coconut flour and some psyllium instead of regular flour. Left it in the fridge and it has really thickend up. Tastes ok raw. Will cook and see how it works and will tweak the recipe and then see what the carb value it.
Thai green chicken curry just bubbling. Enough stock left for soup. And just having my smoothie now so fasting 16 hours 45 minutes.

And it wasnt hard. But i know its alchohol at night that makes me ravenous in the mornings.
And woo hoo, i did have a significant weight loss on the scale this morning. I know its only one day but it does help to know.
As usually i try to be a daily weigher to stay on track but official weigh in is Friday.

Finely grated courgette should be fine.
So ive made a batter as i would regular batter with egg and almond milk. And then used coconut flour and some psyllium instead of regular flour. Left it in the fridge and it has really thickend up. Tastes ok raw. Will cook and see how it works and will tweak the recipe and then see what the carb value it.

Well that didnt work out. The batter thickened but then got too thick so i added more milk to it. Then when i cooked it, its like the mixture split. It just looked like scrambled egg. It didnt really set properly even after cooking it longer. It tasted fine but was just a heap of mush rather than a waffle.
I have been thinking about the chaffles again but in reality isnt it just a cheese omlette. Im trying to reduce my cheese and egg intake.

Anyway, lunch became the squished waffle, slice of ham, half avocado, salad leaves with olive oil and homemade chicken and cauliflower soup. And then herbal tea and 2 choc digestives. Again, not perfect but a great improvement

Dinner was the other waffle and thai green chicken curry. Made it today. Put chicken legs into pressure cooker with some stock veg and water and cooked for 15 mins. Then put leeks, courgette, peppers and spinach into a pot with green curry paste and coconut milk. Added the cooked chicken and some of the stock, it was lovely. The rest of the stock was used for the soup.

Back in from a walk with husband, a slow but good 3km

And then it went downhill. I ended day with 3 glasses wine and a large slice of bread with cheese.
Its 6am now and already the hunger monster is in me. Ive been awake since 4am, cos thats when husband came to bed and woke me and once awake i dont sleep again.
Was hoping to go out for a walk but its raining out. Will see if i can wrap up and get out between the showers. Think i will make my smoothie and then not mind if i have it before 11am. Better that than go straight for the toast. Then have soup and the curry for meals today.
Goals are a walk, no wine, 2L of water

DAY 3 I GOT THIS

Last edited:
Back again and just in from a walk. Plan was a slower 3km rather than a faster 2km. Went down the road instead of up and glad i did as it started to rain quite heavily. And down the road is more sheltered. I cut it short and turned at 1km to come back cos i knew the wind and rain would be in my face on the return. Took 21 mins24 seconds, exactly the same as day 1. Not bad considering i started at a much slower pace thinking i was going 3km.
Smoothie made and in the fridge. Ive run out of cacoa, i though i had some hiding but i dont. Need to do a proper check of what we have and what we need as with the sporadic bulk buying we have been doing lately its been hard to keep track. I might do that on my tea nreak today.
Working from home is strange, you have time to do small jobs in the house which means they arent all waiting to be done at 4pm. And i get to do slug patrol in the tunnel throughout the day. But at the same time you get neurotic about being away from the computer in case someone is looking for you and they think you are skivving off even though you may have only gone to the loo. At work it wouldnt bother me to wander off.

You natter away about all and anything Tipp, I love hearing what's going on and meal planning and recipe successes (or not, begone horrible waffle! :)).

I love walking in the rain - not a torrential downpour, mind you, like a Lake District walking tour I did once pre-arthritis, god we were all so wet you just couldn't get any wetter (thank you Four Weddings and a Funeral lol). But having little rain spears stinging your face ain't great, so I'm glad you turned back when you did.

And I know what you mean about WFH and feeling the need to be by the computer all the time. You do have to make time away for those little jobs, think about all the coffees you make at work, stop and chat to someone for a few minutes or, as you say, go to the loo.

I used the last of the waffle batter and tried again. Still no success, tastes fine but is just a crumpled mess. So i think firstly i will make a regular waffle for husband and see how successful that it and then try to find or tweak low carb recipes for me

Ok, more of the waffle saga. For regular waffles you need to seperate the eggs and whisk the white. And all have melted butter. Now im getting somewhere. I was tryinv to adapt a regular pancake batter

Hi Tipp! It's good to read things are getting back on track after the last few months have been difficult for you. It's really not easy. I think going back to Keto and what you know works for you is a good idea.

Hi, thanks. Im back and bigger. :eek:

As one of my colleagues said its like Groundhog day here now every effing day.
Im working from home 8 to 4 Monday to Friday and it is actually quite stressful. A paranoia has built up between those working in the office and those wodking from home. In the office it wouldnt bother me to walk away fromy desk but here at home i feel like they will think im doing nothing (they can see if we are not active). As a result i feel chained to my desk. My knees are locked, my shoulders are cramping and my bum is huge.
Ive also been doing lots of gardening which has lots of bending, lifting and digging. This has hurt my lower back and hip is bad again. As a result of both im hardly able to walk.

Eating more than usual, work days are normally grab what i can from the fridge but a lot more snacking, biscuits and chocolate with tea while working. Then sitting in the garden in the evening with a glass of wine which easily becomes 3 glasses and snacks, i mean it diesnt get dark until 10.30pm

And then weekends become like a family party, a BBQ in the garden, a birthday cake, lots of drink

Its no surprise to me im bigger.

Hun welcome to my world - I went for a very short walk this morning and it nearly killed me!

These are tough conditions we're all going through and I think it's important to focus first on the fact that you and all the family are well, and then - as and when you can - try and get back to plan.

Maybe a change of plan might be a good impetus?

Thanks Susie. I weighed on this morning at 83.8kg. The heaviest i have ever been was 84kg so almost at my hugest. I normally weigh on my Wii but its in what is now our office room and sometimes daughter starts at 6am so i dont get to it. But husband bought a bathroom scales a while ago so thats what i used, much more convenient. I would like to use both one morning to compare them as scales and floors can be different

Back