Tipperary wobbles into 2024

So going to try limit the carbs and wine, but as Susie said on her own post it is summer. So im not cutting wine out altogether just not having a party every night. I would prefer slow and steady rather than starve and binge.
Fasting will be part of it, hopefully 7pm to 11am. It really does seem to balance cravings for me.
If the weather cools a bit then a morning walk (if i can walk comfortably). Even though im up by 6.30am i get some work done in the polytunnel then as its too hot there later.

So food for today was

11am a smoothie with flaxseed, almonds, blueberries, ginger and coconut milk.
1pm grilled chicken breast, griilled courgettes, one avocado, salad greens with olive oil, 2 cracottes
A mini dessert i made for the weekend whic had 1/2a lotus bisket in a double shot glass with some tinned peaches and pears and topped with greek yougurt
6pm I made a tempura batter with cornflour and plain flour, bread soda and water. I used this to deep fry some aubergine and also courgette flowers stuffed with goat cheese. I had these with more salad leaves and a slice of ham.
I had another mini dessert as above and one glass of wine.
Ive had about 6 cups peppermint tea and so far 1.8 l water

Morning, and already not quite as planned. For some unknown reason i didnt properly wake up until 7.40am so no time for a walk before work. Threw on some clothes, a quick check in the polytunnel for snails snd made some herbal tea and clocked on to work at 8am exactly.
A hop on the scales shows a mini drop of 200g but sure one biscuit and that could be back. Thats the reason i weigh every day, its those little losses and gains that focus me.

Ok mini goals set today are no snacks, no wine and a walk.
Will sort out my smoothie soon for breakfast and i think i will calculate all the macros in it again to see what carb level i am at with it, it has been tweaked so many times since i made it first.
I have bits of veg in the fridge to be used so think i will make soup with them, maybe a broth type with chorizo or maybe add skinny noodles and a boiled egg and have it as ramen. Then i also have some chicken left to grill so one will be lunch and one will be dinner.
The mini desserts are gone. I have lots of greek yogurt level which i find quite tasty but also quite filling.
A lot of my meals will now have courgettes in them. I am growing them in the garden and previous experience has shown me that two plants are plenty to feed a family, well i know have 14 of them :oops:
6 in the polytunnel are producing fruit already, the 3 green ones quite prolifically already and the 3 yellow ones much slower. Then i have 8 outside which are just getting settled into the ground. Again i must check tbe carb value on them and on my two favourite courgette recipes which are courgette and coconut soup and courgette pancakes. I must also check out diet doctor for some options.
Finally i need to check tbe value of tomatoes, i know they are not keto but it is hard to imagine a summer menu without some tomato in it. And i have 26 plants growing in the tunnel, though it will be August before the first fruit
Anyway, will check back in later, have a good day all.

Oooh yum to all the courgettes - they make a lovely soup with some herbs, and you can spiral them too, I do that all the time.

What are courgette flowers like?

When I did Atkins/low carb I realised pretty quickly that it was a pretty unforgiving diet (mind you, aren't they all :classic_roll_eyes: ) so maybe if you're hankering after crackers or biscuits, try one of the recipes on the Diet Doctor site? I'm sure I saw one there with flax seed and rosemary that sounded nice and had good reviews.

Enjoy the gardening - pouring down here so it's definitely an indoorsy day for me.

Some rain yesterday evening, overcast and windy here now but dry.
Courgette flowers dont have a taste of their own but are the perfect parcel to stuff. Pick when the flower is just open and it will have about 2 inch courgette attached. Stuff the flower, i normally use goats cheese, then batter and fry. Then you get the creamy filling and crunchy courgette, the perfect match

On their way. I need to find a low carb batter.

Went with the ramen style for lunch, all the veggies chopped in a pot with some chorizo. Then when cooked added pack konjac noodles, brought to a rolling boil and cracked and egg on top to poach. Have had 2 bowls which is about half pack noodles. Then 3 cracottes with cheese, am full now and hope to stay like that till 6pm

your polytunnel produce looks amazing!

I've been looking at using grow bags for spinach and toms - but can't find compost online without paying a fortune!

Try to find your local garden centre and see will they deliver

For f3ck& sake Im really not very good at this. Im just finding it so hard to stay on track. I can be ok during the day and then lose it in the evening, mostly due to sitting in the garden with a glass of wine, then add nibbles, then more wine then become a carb monster the next day.
Well right now we have no bread and we have no wine. Im going shopping tomorrow but have very little money so wont buy either.
Busy at work now, be back later

Ok back.
So weight this morning is 83.8kg THIS STOPS NOW
I cannot just keep getting bigger, i need to have more structure to meals and exercise each day.

For f3ck& sake Im really not very good at this. Im just finding it so hard to stay on track. I can be ok during the day and then lose it in the evening, mostly due to sitting in the garden with a glass of wine, then add nibbles, then more wine then become a carb monster the next day.
Well right now we have no bread and we have no wine. Im going shopping tomorrow but have very little money so wont buy either.
Busy at work now, be back later

The only way i can control myself is by having none of the bad stuff in the house - so, no biscuits, no wine and really minimising the carbs.

You can do it hun, i know better than anyone how easy it is to get sidelined by the old vino, but if it's not there then it can't get at you xx

Last edited:
Thanks Susie. Been catching up with everyones diary and back here now to post about me.

So 83.8kg this morning, and i need to measure my waist. Hip and back sore and its affecting my mobility a bit. Id love to go for a cycle but just cant as too sore.
Have decided would like 70kg for xmas so approx 2kg each month, so aiming for a 2kg loss for first Friday of each month. But hoping for a bigger one this month even though less month left.

Cut down carbs
Stop snacking
Vastly reduce wine
Walk every day
Intermittent fasting 16 hours
At least 2L water
Build up fitness and flexibility and get back cycling
Record meals every day
Keep updating here everyday.

And i need to find low carb filling tasty dishes using courgettes as i have lots growing, enough to eat them everyday.

Ok food for today.
Breakfast smoothie at 10am, so usual now is flaxseed, almonds, blueberries, coconut milk. I did normally add cacoa but for some reason cant get anything so i bought Maca powder. But checked the carb value and its quite high so just leaving it out and adding ginger for flavour. I also add 2 magnesium capsules, 2 glucosimine cspsules and one b complex.
Lunch was in two part, chicken soup at 11.30am as i was cold, home made soup with some leeks and courgettes. Then at 2pm a keto lasagne from the freezer. I had a brogies with each, 20cal popped wheat cracker. A square of dark chocolate after 2nd lunch and a slice of ham when i finished work at 4pm.
Dinner cooking now, a two egg omlette with goats cheese and spinach, a baby grilled spunach, half avocado, 4 olives and salad greens with olive oil.

Current weight is 83.8kg.
Goal 2kg loss by 3rd July

i need to find low carb filling tasty dishes using courgettes as i have lots growing, enough to eat them everyday.

Do you have a spiralizer? I've got this one - and then you can have lots of courgetti noodles, which are lovely and juicy after two mins in the microwave - or for keto, you could saute in butter or coconut oil! Ok it won't let me post the Am link but it's called -
Spiralizer 4-Blade Vegetable Spiralizer Sedhoom Heavy Duty Spiral Slicer Zucchini Noodle & Veggie Pasta & Spaghetti Maker for Low Carb/Paleo/Gluten-Free Meals Apple Peelers

This sounds yummy too - and completely keto! https://www.themediterraneandish.com/easy-baked-zucchini/

I second susie, if it’s not there I can’t have it. Great to have a list, maybe you could put it on the fridge? You sound determined to get to your Xmas goal. I know you can do it tipp! x

Thanks susie, thanks Charlotte. Well stayed away from wine tonight but had an absent minded mini Whispa. Went out to meet two friends from work. We normally have lunch out once a week at work but obviously with lockdown havent been. A drive through opened up near on and we threatend to go and meet up for lunch and chat while sitting in our cars. So we planned for today but it ended up being this evening and as we had already eaten just stood in the carpark chatting. Then one offered us Whispas and just took it without thinking. Home now and freezing, having some tea before i go to bed. Hopefully i get a goods night sleep, sleeping pattern gone mad lately

Hi, just stopping by....those courgettes look amazing :D
I see your list of goals a couple of posts up....maybe try to incorporate one or 2 at a time until it sort of becomes a habit? rather than trying to conquer them all at once?

Back