Tipperary wobbles into 2024

The glass of red wine became 3, and a packet of popcorn, 6 squares of chocolate and possibly 2 digestives

I have a head full of snot, i cant believe how much😱. I was coughng and spluttering non stop from 2 am to 6am. And started all over again now. Im taking lemsip and sucking Strepsils and hate that they are both so sugary.

Oh no you poor thing!

Can you take time off work and give yourself a chance to recover properly?

Ginger is good for clearing snot, I'm also a fan of lobelia for clearing out chesty mucus (another herbal thing).

Was sent home from work on Tuesday😊. And been sick since. Coughing non stop and throat is on fire. Ive taken yesterday and today off. Plan was to go back tomorrow as my team mate is off but at the moment that isnt likely. I cant talk at all and cough at the slightest movement. Besides a 5 day weekend will be much more beneficial😜.
I cant take sick leave however, ive used up my entitlement to April. My probation is over then and i can be as sick as i want. So will have to be annual leave. That cuts it fine for leave for my holiday in 3 weeks. But it looks like thanks to Coronavirus i wont be going anyway, its hit Tenerife and im not travelling to be in lockdown in a hotel.

Oh poop I forgot about your holiday! But yeah the last thing you want is to be stuck in a hotel room.

You sound really rough, lots of fluids and bed rest, missy!

Oh no feeling yuck while you are trying to look forward to a holiday just isn’t on! ...

Seriously though, if you have a temperature too maybe get checked out. I left my cough for weeks and weeks and ended up in hospital with pneumonia in Jan. you can never be too careful when it comes to lungs and hearts we needs them.... 😂😂😂

Oooh....holidays.... exciting x

I have a burning throat and infected sinuses. Throat is so bad i cant talk at all. Husband asking every hour if its Coronavirus😅 and he has moved into the spare bedroom. Taking lots of paracetamol and started on Sinutab too. Going to try to go to chemist, current advice is to stay away from GPs surgeries. Its not in my lungs or chest at all but i am paying attention to it.
Drinking oceans of water.

How is everyone in UK with Coronavirus, are you seeing it have any impact yet on daily life.
Our trip is to Tenerife 26th March is looking less likely. Im not freaking out about catching anything there but more concerned about being in a hotel that becomes quarantined or flight restrictions and not getting home.

How is everyone in UK with Coronavirus, are you seeing it have any impact yet on daily life

Nothing here yet, no cases reported, although some people are in an isolation ward in Newcastle, about 30 mins away.

I really do think you need antibiotics, what about going on the NHS Helpline online and asking?

Thanks, im going to try the chemist first. He is normally very good to know when the gp is needed and sometimes even rings him for a prescription. I think today might be earmarked as "try a hot whiskey" day.

Stupid work. I was trying nit to take sick leave but annual leave. But because they sent me home sick i need a cert of fitness from the gp to say i was well enough to go to work in order to take annual leave. So as i had to go to him anyway he diagnosed upper resp teact infection with extreme sinus infection and i have antibiotics and a sick cert.

Still miserable here. Up all night coughing and cant believe how sore my throat is. I have to say as you get older it gets so much harder to shake things off and each minor illness seems so much worse than the last time. Im getting concerned now about Coronavirus cos if i do come in contact with it i dont think i have energy or resistance right now to fight it off.
I work in a public office with members of the public shouting at us all day long. So chances are we will meet someone. who has it, if we havent already. And trust me people will still come into us no matter how sick they are.

Morning all. Beginning to feel a bit human again, the antibiotics are working. Head is clearing up but throat still on fire and still coughing, its a tickly cough though not a chesty cough so not worried.
Food been crap so need a total reset. Its the first time ive felt like cooking so will make some soup for a few work lunches.
Plan is to go back to work tomorrow as hoping this week we will get some offical notification on coronavirus. Also it will impact on my holiday ldave so need to go back.
Going to sort out all the presses today, i did 2 weeks shopping to be prepared but want to see what we forgot. Things like toiletries, toilet paper, firelighters and lots of tissues. I also need to see what meals i have made in the freezer. I know we wont go hungry but thats not to say we will stay healthy

Aww she's so sweet!

Glad to hear you're feeling a bit better. Get some turmeric and oregano oil down you, build up your immune system!

And don't rush to get things done, you need rest x

Hi all, well have to go back to work tomorrow. So that should help with a proper eating plan. Had toast with ham for breakfast. Have also had though 4 squares of chocolate and two digestives, i take them to help swallow the meds and get rid of the taste.
Am having sausage and courgette stew now wirh some sprouting broccolli 3 cracottes. Ive made green veg soup to so have this evenings dinner and tomorrow's meals sorted.

Hello, I'd love to join you on this thread if I may. I have 3 stone to lose and its day 1 on SW. No group, just me at home and a bit of help from this forum. I have been good and prepared salads for the next few days and made a soup which will also last a few days. Preparation is the key for me, so watch this space!

Morning all, awake now and getting up for work. Still coughng, still have sore throat and croaky voice. Antibiotics dont finish until Friday so hopefully my voice will come back. I find them very hard to take as i cant swallow any tablets and these are huge. And so strong that i cant even crush them with a spoon. So a chopping board and a cleaver are needed to chop and crush them. Then i mix them with spoonful of yougurt to swallow and it still takes about 500ml water. The taste is the most bitter ever and makes me gag. Thats then were a digestive biscuit and a square of chocolate are needed. Ive been taking Sudofed aswell as suggested by gp but going to stop now as last night had major heart palpatations from them. Sinuses seem ok now.
So plan for today, i have to have antibiotics with food so will have 1 slice toast and the spoonful of yogurt. Will try to avoid the square of choc and try chewing gum instead. Fruit and nut smoothie for proper breakfast at 11am, sausage and courgette stew and salad leaves at 2pm. Then have green soup for dinner when i come home, maybe with mashed avocado and more salad leaves. Not taking yogurt to work as my daily quota is used taking the antibiotics. I have lots of green tea with mint and seaweed and lots of water

Back