Tipperary wobbles into 2024

Morning, back again😜
Had a shower and ready for work, just waiting on Oscar as i drop him to pre school. Having 2 slices toast after my anti biotic ordeal. Hopefully then i can have breakfast at midday and lunch at 4pm and then soup alone will do for dinner.
So seriously concerened about coronavirus now. Both myself and daughter work in a public environment often dealing with long distance travellars. The thing is if we need to self isolate that involves all 9 of us in the house including a new born, an asthmatic and husband who has an auto immune illness in his lung. So we have hand sanitizer at work anyway, ive disinfectant wipes to clean my desk and when im on the public counter. I wear a scarf to cough into and now ive also got disposable gloves for when on the public counter (People are disgusting, we have to take their ID card and watch people pick their noses and hand it to, or scratch their teeth with it, vile stuff😱). Im hoping the gloves will not only work as a barrier but will prevent me from scratching my face which i do a lot.
Hopefully this is total overkill and all will be fine, but i want to know i did what i could to protect my family.

It's best to over-prepare, other people don't have our same level of cleanliness - I'm washing my hands all the time :).

Hope it goes ok today, have you been taking your temperature?

Morning, and its Friday finally. I still have a bit of a cough but it is improving. But voice still very hoarse and talking difficult. Finished the antibiotics though.
Work about to go mental now with new covid19 cases in the locality and people self isolating (our office will have to deal with welfare payments for these people). We were getting hourly updates through the day and making recommendations. A mountain of paperwork about to hit us. Never mind us being susceptible to the illness too. Our sister office sent 2 staff home to self isolate. They say there are only 6 degrees of seperation between everyone, well not in Ireland, its just like a large village. Now that its not just one isolated case here the virus will become rampant. Hunker down for the next few months i think. We got confirmation last night that we will get full pay if we go out sick or told to self isolate.
Anyway, about to face the day, stay safe everyone.

Morning all, well at home sick again and getting paranoid about it. Worked all last week with no voice and a mild cough but by this Monday it was bad again. We had asked if public office could be shut and were told no. Wednesdsy was to be the busiest day of the year so far and we advised management it was unsafe on so many levels. Nope we had to go ahead as normal and we were right, there was almost riots. I coughed and sneezed non stop and felt other people get paranoid around me. So not going back until Wednesday (Tuesday is a bank holiday) it means 3 annual leave days. Thankfully husband is now seeing sense and Tenerife is cancelled, though he isnt happy about it. It means i have leave days to take.
Government saw sense and shut the country down, all schools and public buildings closed. Our office closed to the public but still open as all queries will now be phone and email, all these sick people need to be paid. They are seperating staff about through different offices to try to isolate as many as possible so ive no idea what im going back to on Wednesday.
A neighbour, guy in his 30s taken to hospital on wednesday night with pneumonia after spending 2 weeks calling the HSE (NHS) helpline saying he was sick, its getting scary. Husband here treating me like i have the plague😰. I did try to call my GP yesterday but they are not answering. I normally get a bad cough after a bacterial infection and assume this is no different but am watching it. Have been monitoring my temp and yes its going up but drops after paracetamol.
Eating what i can and when i can, packet soup and toast most of the time. We have 2 weeks shopping in so if we cant get out ok for a while.
Oscar sent home from preschool, he said its cos there is a giant bird making everyone sick so theybare to stay safe at home. It took us a while to figure out he meant giant BUG 😂

STAY SAFE EVERYONE

I'm really glad to hear you're at home and can give yourself a decent chance to get better!

And away from those near riots, that sounds terrifying - the local paper reported scuffles in the local Aldi over dried pasta a couple of days ago!

Also very pleased to hear that your OH has agreed to postpone Tenerife, there's absolutely no point in going, only to be stuck in a hotel lock down. The woman who sits next to me has just had her flight to Prague cancelled...

Get well soon love xxx

Morning all, well still feeling miserable here. Now 4 of us sick but still feel its mire head cold and sinus symptoms rather that anything more sinister but all have temperatures. Son went out yesterday and stocked us up with paracetamol, chillis, honey and ginger and has decided we are in lockdown until wednesday anyway. My cough isnt too bad, its more a scratchy throat. But temp is coming and going and huge pressure in my head which keeping me a bit woozy. Having ginger lemon and honey now and going for a short walk then. Smoothie in fridge for when i get back and ive soup made for lunch. I havent been hungry much and have been grazing on crap so trying to ensure i do have something good today.
Stay safe everyone🙏

Evening all, well rumour is the army is out in the morning and by the evening we are in total lockdown. Bars and pubs already announced as closed from this evening but we reckon only supermarkets and pharmacies will be left open with army enforcing this. Its times like this i am glad all my family are around me and together and would happily spend the next few months locked up safe with them. However my daughter will still work and is being asked to deal with remaining passengers at airport and i will still have to work as i have to make sure everyone gets welfare payments.
Will see what tomorrow brings.

Last edited:
Happy St Patricks Day from possibly the quietest one ever 👍😁 🍀🇮🇪🍀.
We did cancel the parade during foot and mouth disease but today not only no parade but no pubs or restaurants or family gatherings of any kind. Its spookily quiet out there.

Today is my last "Im staying at home cos i dont feel well but not sick enough to go to a doctor" day 🤧🤔👍. Im still coughing, have a very mild fever which is managed by paracetamol, and a tight head. I honestly believe its just the sinus infection hanging on. But have to make a decision either go to a doctor or go to work. GP visits are now banned, call them only. Husband is sick too and has an underlying lung condition so he panicked on Sunday and called the HSE hotline. New protocol was you call your GP and they triage you and put you on the list to be contacted by the test team. So he did that yesterday morning but is still waiting to be contacted. Mind you he spent the whole day on the phone so we got annoyed with him cos now we dont know if they tried to contact him🙄. Anyway, it leaves myself and daughter in limbo regarding work, if he is positive we are not allowed into work. If all are negative we have to go to work. She is redeployed now to the emergency helpline and ive to get back to making sure everyone who is sick gets paid. Our office has even opened today. Its a catch 22, i dont know what to do for the best.

If I was you and not feeling 100% I would stay at home. You don't want to spread anything or you don't want to pick up something on top of what you got. Also you have to think of your hubby and rest of the family.

I'm waiting for school to close so I don't have to go in later. I'm only going out for walks where I know there will be nobody around....

Yes I agree, stay at home hun - I know you're probably going stir crazy but I think it's best all round - and the sooner OH gets tested, the better.

Apart from containing your germs (whatever type they are), if you cough in public people look at you with shock!

I'm fine, had a tiny sore throat last night but no fever or anything else, so took double turmeric, orgeano oil and garlic, with paramol before bed and slept pretty well - and today it's all gone. Might have been a snoring throat lol, hard to tell when you live alone :).

Take care hun - lots of hot drinks!

Morning all, i hope all is well. Still at home, things have changed slightly. Still coughing and checked my diary, it started 22 Feb so almost 4 weeks now. On Monday husband asked for a test, and is still waiting. I was advised to stay at home. On Tuesday he called the advice line and i was ordered to stay at home and call gp wednesday. I was put on the test list and got tested last night. Have to wait 36hours for results so in practical terms that means Monday. Other than the cough im actually feeling a bit better. The temp seems to be gone and my throat is only sore because of the coughing. I stopped taking paracetamol, ive been taking it non stop now for 3 weeks or so it seems.
Getting out for a walk every day as we live in a rural area and dont bump into anyone. I walk sbout 6 feet behind them and all wear gloves.
Not been hugely hungry and having 2 meals a day and the wine is running out so having much less of that too. But i did have the last of the christmas gin and tonic last night🎄🤶😁. After the test i felt like the swab had gone through my eyeball and into my brain😱.

The testing centres here are very practical, just a drive through. You dont leave your car and takes less than 5 minutes.

Stay safe everyone

Oh love cross fingers it's not the virus, but I do love the self medicating with gin! :)

Not good that you're running out of wine though :eek: - I have some here, but may make a dent in it tonight LOL.

Still waiting.

Managed to put an order in for a tesco delivery but for 2 weeks time😱 Thats the earliest i can get.

Still coughing here.

Morning all, so ive decided to stay positive today and try to bring some sense of normality back.
Still waiting on results back, 95% of the time i am confident that im fine, snd then i get a coughing fit and feely lungs seize up and start to worry. I am genuinely feeling much better though, no symptoms at all other than a cough.
So time to put a long term plan in place. This includes getting out to shop, having a daily routine and sorting out some schooling for Oscar. I dont know what my options are to work from home but will look at that tomorrow.
We have a big garden and polytunnel, but cos i have been so busy at work they have been ignored for a year now. This is the perfect time to sort out the tunnel anyway. Looked up seeds last night and thought if we grow salad greens, spinach, beetroot and courgette that would do us well for fresh veg daily. However lots of others have the same idea, the seed company has a backlog of a week right now😊
I know ive had a lot of time off work but genuinely was unwell for a lot of it so wasnt productive in any way. However determined today to get something done and hoping to start clearing out the tunnel. I think psychologically i will feel i am doing something beneficial.
Im also going to weigh myself in a few minutes, and try to get back to a proper foid routine, keto if possible.

Stay safe all🙏

Morning, back. Just weighed in and i am up to 78.9kg and thats my limit, no more. Just having tea now and smoothie is ready, waiting on it to thicken a little. Then getting dressed and out to the tunnel

So pleased you're feelijg better!

And I love the positive attitude - and the gardening! I've been thinking that once I move, I;ll try the same - maybe I'll have grown green thumbs by then :).

Back