Tipperary wobbles into 2024

Ive had green thumbs, but it takes so much time and have ignored the tunnel totally for 2 seasons now. It was much more overgrown than i thought it would be but ive cleared a path through it and about 1/4 of it ready to use. But still too many nettles so have decided the simplest option is to cover the ground with plastic and lay lots of grow bags over it. It will mean lots of watering but its a start. I honestly believe we need to start looking at long term options now and having daily fresh food is a beginning.

Food today. Green tea with almond, smoothie with almonds, flaxseed, almond milk, blueberries and coaco.
Lunch was homemade chicken and veg soup, baked cheese, ham, avocado, salad leaves, crackers
Exercise, working in the tunnel and stream

I agree about finding longer term options - hadn't thought about grow bags, good idea!

I'm going to make my own bread, already do yogurt - and I did once do a pasta making course in Italy :).

Hi all, this waiting is really beginning to get to me. I dont want to be away from my phone at all🙄

Morning Manxy, nice to see you back. Well STILL waiting and still coughing. Im lucky though, i have been tested and i still have a job and am still getting paid. And we have a huge garden to spend all day in and live in a rural area so can get out. Im thinking of getting my bike back out. Once i get the all clear i can work from home so saving commute time alone will give me 2 extra hours a day and daylight hours are getting so much longer.
We will probably be one of the largest groups about now. New regs mean groups of 4 only out together unless living in the same house, well 9 of us live here together. Though us two oldies are staying away from the little ones until we get the all clear.

Morning again, OK time to accept that this is real and long term and not just a few days of work and eat and drink like its a holiday😋.
So will find my food and exercise log and start tracking properly again.
I suppose technically i have been intermittent fasting, we are only having 2 meals a day. But they certainly havent been keto meals. Ive been cooking family friendly meals, yesterday was pasta and meatballs in the pressure cooker. And pasta from it left for today. Last shopping was done Sunday 8th March so doing my best to stretch what we have.
Just in from a walk, 3.5km today. Started at 2km and being stretching it a little each day.
Smoothie now for breakfast, some online shopping to do and then going to spend some time in the polytunnel.

Stay safe all

I dont know Susie, i was told 36hours at 7pm last Thursday. There is a huge backlog. The criteria for testing has now changed so glad i got it when i did. Husband got tested today

Food log for today: Wed 25th March

9am: 3.5km walk
11am:smoothie of almonds, flaxseed, blueberries, almond milk, cacoa
1.30pm mini quiche, lettuce leaves, tomato, leftover potato cooked with onions and chorizo
4pm mini twix bar
5pm 2.5km slow walk
6.30pm baked breaded fish with mayo
2 kimberley biscuits
1 glass red wine

And spent about 2 hours pulling weeds in the polytunnel

Last edited:
Morning!

Lovely weather here, how about you? Guess it must be if you're out in the garden. A friend made me laugh, he emailed to say he was at home looking after his wife and daughters but going DEFCON 4 on housework, never seen the house looking so clean :). I invited him to come and do the same here, can't believe he said no :D :D.

Morning, dull and misty here this morning. Just having some tea now and then going out for a walk.

Weighed in and 400g up, too heavy now but have time to tackle it.

Plan is a walk, then a smoothie.
Ive taken out a keto lasagne for lunch or dinner and still have some salad leaves and tomato.
Not sure what other meal will be.
Will try not to have snacks today.

Today i was supposed to wake up with a view of Los Gigantes in Tenerife and breakfast in bed to celebrate husbands 54th birthday 🎂

Today i was supposed to wake up with a view of Los Gigantes in Tenerife and breakfast in bed to celebrate husbands 54th birthday 🎂

Oh sad. Instead you've got this -

1585228387682.png

Yep, husband said we are so lucky cos we have Porto Gardenas, we also have Calle De Stream and El Fieldo next Doore

Nope, not easing and still no results. GP says he can treat the cough until i get the all clear as steroids would be bad if im positive.

Did some work in the tunnel yesterday and started to run out if breath.

Food and drink all over the place now understanably as cupboards are getting bare. Last shopping was Sunday 8th and we have a Tesco delivery booked for next Friday. We got a sack of potatoes and i cooked extra yesterday. Ive toasted the stale bread and will blitz them and make breadcrumbs and make potato croquettes from them both.
Hopefully i will hear today😳

Thanks for those ideas Susie. We are not going to go hungry yet its more about not having choices and stopping my husband from eating everything together

I know, it's quite strange to think about not having a choice - but maybe this is a really good thing for society as a whole, I wonder if it will change our buying habits in future or if we'll revert back?

For myself, I'm really enjoying making stuff up - bread, yogurt and so on - so will keep doing that, especially now I have more time.

Back