Tipperary wobbles into 2024

I miss going to ikea! We used to love it and spend all day in there! Once we bought so much stuff that the only car seat in place was the drivers seat and the rest was full of stuff. I wouldn’t drive with him unsafe in the back on top of and surrounded by boxes so he drove home and got a friend to help him unload the car and I pottered around the supermarket next door for a few hours until he drove back to get me😂 aaahh good times😃 Have a good day hun x

I don't do Ikea. Only been once and that was enough but I did get a nice tv unit and a couple of 5 drawer chest for the bedroom. One thing I do like about their furniture is that it is built well once put together. :)

I've been painting a bedroom as I am having fitted wardrobes next week. And tidied kitchen area as in a small alcove where the old boiler was I'm having a couple of shelves put in. Once the back bedroom is done next week I will be doing the front one. I plan on doing all the inside of house before I go back to work 2nd sept.

How was your Ikea trip?

I live within walking distance of Ikea so if We get anything there and there is no room for me in the car I can always walk home!!

That would have been handy for me crafty! But I don’t think the bank balance would have been 😂 x

Im here reading, but too tired to type. Will catch up will all in the morning sometime

Ok good morning and im back, and i aint rocking anything.
Weighed in yesterday at 87.1kg which is bmi 38.2. Much to much.

Ive been a bit stressed out lately. My current job has always been a tough one but i have great colleagues that i have fun with and that has always helped. However now i am at home i dont have that, the only communication is email. We have 2 shifts in the office and one at home and a total lack of communication means everything is always fu6k3d up. Our section has a staff of 16, we are currently at only 10 and most on holidays. On Friday between office and home we had only 3, i did the work of 8 people and just cant keep up at this pace.

My potential new job has me stressed too. They are being overthorough in references for a start. Theyve selected 3 previous managers and received refs from 2. The 3rd was when i worked in the airport, honestly, its shut down, all that staff are currently unemployed. So my previous manager in my current job provided a ref, nope not good enough. Now they want to contact another 2 previous employers. My problem in all of this is 1. They are all essential services so up the wall 2. Its annual leave for most and 3. As they havent officially offered me the job my current senior manager doesnt know and cant get a whiff of this, if it fell through and she knew i wanted to go well work relationships would be difficult.
Because of my 2 week absence they sent me for a medical for my hip. Its in bits now but i tried hard not to hobble in to the doctor. He needs to see im medically fit for the job and wont have undue sick leave due to it. He seemed ok with it but made a recommendation that i cant have a standing job or carry heavy objects, its a sitting Clerical job so that should be fine.
And dont get me started about my birth cert, they have 3 official forms of ID but need my birth cert. I dont have one so applied online, normal turnaround is 10 days but currently 30 days, im now waiting about 36 days. The really annoying thing is the agency that issues them is the one i want to work for and the issuing office in the SAME BUILDING i will be working in.
On TOP of all that, yes there is more, im having a right whinge but getting it all of my chest helps, im in limbo trying to sort out time off and holidays. Like everyone on the planet life has been put on hold due to C19 and holidays have been camcelled. Im due 6 weeks off from current job from 6 sept. Original plan was to go to france for 6 weeks. But now we have to restrict movements for 2 weeks when we come back and arent allowed work for those 2 weeks even though we work from home. So a 4 week trip is still possible. But i have no idea what the start date is for the new position so cant plan anything. HR in my current job is strictly holding me to one months notice even if it means i give notice while on leave. Both are public service jobs and i cant hold both together

ANYWAY, all that has left me in a total stressed out muddle and eating food and sitting either in the garden or polytunnel each night drinking wine seems the only way to relax and clear my head and live day to day.

Right, now that that whinge is over where am I at now.
So, hip is bad again so no walking, no cycling, no swimming and only short distance drives (the IKEA trip left me lying for a day) Pottering in kitchen and garden is about enough. Trying to spend a full day in either getting proper work done is too much. Walking does ease it at the time and stretches it out but then its gets painful later, its like I have a limit of time each day it can bare weight. Hopefully I will get to see the consultant soon, I know he will say the weight is aggravating it and I agree.
So for the time being diet is all I can do to relieve that and a big part of that is to kick wine out of my evenings. Its not just the wine calories but the nibbles that go with it and the carb cravings the next day.
We had a BBQ on Saturday, which was suddenly moved due to a freak big thunder and lighting storm and I had wine and fatty sugary foods. No wine Sunday and Monday, ate what I wanted on Sunday but started to eat clean on Monday (full details in my diary Tipperary is Shrinking).
The keto approach and intermittent fasting approach seems to work best for me but need to watch my egg and cheese intake and try to get my fat from avocados and coconut and my protein from chicken.
I do say "approach" though as I wont go full keto. Veggies will include carrots and tomatoes and they are abundant in the tunnel now. Nearly every meal has courgettes and these usually have onion and tomatoes include when cooked.
So plan, herbal tea all morning. I'm on pot two now, first one was green tea with seaweed and now having liver detox tea. Smoothie for breakfast at about 11am, either green with avocado, cucumber, kale, ginger, mint, coconut milk OR flaxseed, almond, blueberries, ginger, cinnamon, almond milk. Both fortifed with magnesium, vit b and glucosimine.
The soup/ salad/protein/fat for lunch and the protein/veg for dinner before 7. And 3 litres water each day
So thats what I hope to achieve this week, get into that routine and get my body started on new habits.

Managed fine today, lots of courgettes and no cheese but i did have cracottes with butter for lunch. 3 L water down and managed that earlier than last night. I had to as was up to pee 3 times during the night. No wine and no nibbles, dinner done by 7pm. I am peckish and at about 8.30pm a slice od toast was calling me but i resisted.
Ok lets take it one day at a time.

Morning ng, its another day and lets see how i can do today. Just awake and trying to convince myself that a short walk is what i need. The smoothie for breskfast at about 11am, probably a green one again today as avocados to use up.

12.30am an awake with the storm. Its wild out there. Branches are hitting the windows and we have one tree down. I dont hold out much hope for the sunflowers and sweetcorn. Ive closed all the curtains and the electricity keeps going. I did move some stuff in the garden but not enough it seems.
Fingers crossed and a safe night all cos i assume its heading for the uk.

Well, that was some night. Message above was the last communication out of our house until 9am when the electricity came back. Two trees down in our garden and the road outside blocked both ends. We cleared one tree at 6.30am not realising each end was blocked anyway. One tree down on the phone line so we will lose phones at some stage.
Hope you are all Ok

Blimey what a blooming palaver over the work references and stuff!

No wonder you're a bit stressed, I'd be a million times worse - and it's such a balancing act, trying to get on with the paperwork while keeping it quiet in front of your current boss!

You just have to have faith that it will all work out ok - and keep sipping medicinal wine in the meantime!

Sorry to hear about the storm, how did your veg get on?

Garden is flattened sorry to say though the polytunnel survived. Sunflowers gone, sweetcorn gone, artichokes gone, some of the pumpkins cod they grew up the sunflowers. Havent had the heart to go and check properly, will do tomorrow. Two large trees down in the garden, one on the road and 5 in the field beside us so huge gaps in the hedgerow now. But nobody here was injured. The red warning was for Cork only and 40,000 houses without power in the county which includes a city. We had no red warning and 35,000 homes lost power and its nearly all rural so a major storm here. I drove to the village yesterday and they werent hit as badly as we were. Our road is only 2km long and 5 huge trees came down and blocked it, my daughter said she saw half a large tree sitting in the middle of a field, it just landed there from another fiels, scary

Morning all, awake and going to have some tea soon and then its out to start clearing up the garden from the storm

Saw pics of your flattened garden. All the hard work and along comes a storm and destroys it. :(

How was that tomato. looked really strange.

How has the last couple of days gone for you?

So very sorry to hear about your beautiful garden after all your hard work.

I hope you are OK (((Hugs)))

That was a very odd looking tomato, two flavours for the price of one :).

Have you tried growing any heritage toms? I always think their colours look amazing, very autumnal.

Back