Tipperary wobbles into 2024

Fingers crossed for a good official weigh in tomorrow

Your muscle pain might be to do with moving in and out of warm rooms into the cold and back? Happens to a friend of mine all the time.

Good luck for WI tomorrow!

Good evening ladies!

Great work on the walk I would have lost motivation. As for cramps Zinc magnesium helps if you can pick up a bottle. Must admit in the first wave and second over here, vitamins sold out in stores. Particularly, vitamin A and D. Let me know if I could post you anything 😊.
Bren x

Thanks Susie, yep a colleague did say that, that maybe the muscle was just cold. I was still walking when it happened so who knows.
Thanks Bren, im actually taking magnesium anyway and ive rubbed magnesium oil onto it. But if its not gone tomorrow i might get some potassium too. So far the health food shops are well stocked so fine for the time been, thanks for the offer of postage. Im laughing at the the amount of airmiles that could be involved😅. Ive had a hot water bottle on it all evening and hopefully a nights sleep will help it. But think i will wear my runners to work tomorrow just in case.
Ive managed to down 2.5L of water today. That is my daily target but harder to do in cold weather. And i havent had any wine since Saturday, that will be 5 days in a row. But i will be having some tomorrow night. And even thinking of fish and chips. I am hoping to finish work at 5pm and can collect them on the way home before full lockdown starts at 6pm snd i cant get anymore😩
Its supposed to be another very cold night, hopefully the roads are safe tomorrow. Take care everyone.

Anytime 😊

Best of luck for WI tomorrow and well done on the wine and water 👌. Drinks for me on Saturday, hopefully only two 🤔😉

Drum roll, I've lost 1.7kg this week🥳

Friday 8th January
Officially shrinking now

Start 88.7kg.
Goal for Friday 8th 88kg.
Weigh in at 87kg
loss for week 1.7kg.
Total loss for 2021 1.7kg

Weight 87kg
BMI 38.2

Next weigh in Friday 15th Goal 86.3kg

Woohoo well done on the loss Tipp, that's great - and well done too on reducing the wine intake! Enjoy your vino and F&C tonight, perfect comfort food after a hard week.

Thanks all. I may have overdone it a bit on Friday though and ended up just vegging out all day yesterday on the couch watching the end of The Block.
Grandson 2 fell on Friday and ended up in A&E with a dislocated elbow. I bought takeaway for everyone and after a long and stressful day we all had too much wine. I think I fell asleep on the couch singing along with David Bowie. Not a bad Friday night really. But then wasn't great yesterday either. Scrambled egg on toast for breakfast and cake. Pizza for late lunch and lots of crisps and chocolate. And one glass wine while watching the finale of The Block. The bed at 9.30.Up now since 7am and waiting on it to get bright so I can start the day with a walk. Then I've a kitchen to clean, a fridge to sort out (possibly still Xmas leftovers in it), clothes to wash and iron, a food to cook for the week. I have mince and chicken to figure out some meals for the week. I think I might to some pumpkin topped cottage pies as still have some garden pumpkins left.
AND I still have call the Xmas trees and decorations to take down.
Anyway, that's me all caught up, off to add all this to my daily diary and will catch up again later.

I think I fell asleep on the couch singing along with David Bowie. Not a bad Friday night really.

Sounds pretty good to me! Can't believe it's been five years since he passed 😢.

Wow that's a busy day you've got there, can you delegate any of it???

And hope your grtandson is OK, dislocations are painful!

Didnt delegate, and got very little of it done. Went out for a planned 2km walk and my leg cramped up so bad i had to turn and hobble back. Its not quite a cramp and not quite a stitch, feels like a tear in the muscle if that makes sense. Not that i think the muscle is torn. Its only sore when i walk on it and gets worse very quickly. Putting foot down is okay its when i move to lift it up.
Also have put nearly all my loss back on by this morning.
And i started my day but putting ear drops in my eye, note to self DO NOT do this again. I picked up an eye drop like bottle a read what i thought sais OPTREX, nope it said OTREX... how confusing and painful. Lets see where the day goes.

Last edited:
Well yesterday didn't go great, bad day at work and didn't get out for a walk. Had soup, cracottes, avocado and chicken at break and lunchtime. But when I got home and was waiting for my pumpkin cottage pies to heat I had cornbread with butter. And then I had wine too.
I have the rest of the cottage pie for lunch today with some soup and will stay away from the wine this evening.
Covid gone beserk here and causing huge pressure at work but also in general. Rally tough restrictions now but the after Christmas rates are gone so high.

OMG you poor thing re the ear drops, that sounds awful - hope your eye is ok now. Ditto the leg, i get what feels like a little ripped muscle pain on my right knee, no idea what it is, and it comes and goes, but it's blooming painful when it does happen.

That pumpkin pie sounds lovely, do you mean pumpkin mash? Mmmm.

You and the family stay safe, won't you - the huge rise in transmission is scary, that's for sure!

Covid gone beserk here and causing huge pressure at work but also in general. Rally tough restrictions now but the after Christmas rates are gone so high.

Don't so hard on yourself, life is stressful enough especially for those working through this crisis.

Give yourself a break, have a bath and jump into something cosy. I like to put some loud music on and dance it off, works for me 😂

Hi all, and thanks for the good wishes and encouragement. I thought I did a quick run in and catch up last week but it doesn't seem to have saved. It actually seems to be 2 weeks since I've been here.
Quick catch up, eyes have been tested and ear drops did no damage. Sight has changed slightly and as of today I have varifocals, which may well be going straight back as not suitable for reading or computer. But I will give them 2 weeks to try them.
Grandson 2 seems back to normal now, he was a bit upset for 2 days but seems okay now.
Grandaughter (aka the little princess) though ended up with a hospital visit on Friday so I had to take a day off work. After us trying to get her a check up for 2 months a locum GP confirmed that her hip isn't sitting right and is preventing her from walking. Anyway xray now done and waiting for consultant.

I haven't been great at all with staying on plan for the past 2 weeks and haven't even weighed in at all. I'm getting absolutely no exercise at all, even walking from the car to the office is either pulling my hip or my calf. I thought the rest had helped my calf but 3 steps out of the car today and I felt it "tear". I'm still hoping calf stretches should bring it right. If not I'm going to see if I can have one of the physio's at work for an unofficial consult. They won't look at it but may be able to suggest what it could be.

So trying to get back on plan today. I've been low carb today but not quite keto as I did have tomato soup for lunch. It was homemade soup from home grown tomatoes so full of goodness.
Planned on fasting from dinner yesterday to about 11am which would have been 16 hours but work was bedlam so it was 1pm before I got to eat so 18 hours fast.
Lunch was tomato soup, cracottes, ham and coleslaw. Had 2 digestives as well. Dinner 6pm was a burger and some baked courgettes and 1 square of 90% chocolate. I'm having a litre of sparkling water with it.

As for exercise, well the pool is closed, I can't walk and it's too dark to cycle when I get home (or early morning). So I'm thinking of buying an exercise bike, so if anyone uses one or has any suggestions please feel free to let me know. I have to remember I'm very short (under 5 feet) and some models of bike just don't suit.

That's me for now, talk again tomorrow 🤗

Thought this was relevant and funny

img.gif

Ok so the news isn't as bad as it could have been. I have had a small gain of 400g on my last official weigh in but hoping to claw that back this week and end up with an overall loss.
Fasting this morning and have lunch of tomato soup, brogie, coleslaw, ham and some courgettes. It may be at 11am or it may be at 1pm, who knows. Ive chicken burger for dinner with some courgettes. And that along with the possibility of 2 digestives and a square of very dark chocolate is my aim for today. Hopefully 2.5 L of water and about 5 mugs of herbal tea and that's my day.

Lunch wasn't until 1:15 so a fast of just over 18 hours. I went to have a digestive at. 4pm but had none left. Dinner now was a chicken burger, some courgette, the last spoonful of coleslaw and a piece of fenugreek goats cheese. I didn't manage to drink much water at work so drinking lots now. I went for a hobble around the car park, only about 500m but glad I did and have been up and down the work stairs a few times today.

Back