Tipperary wobbles into 2024

@Mary2020 I've not heard of Huel before - what's it like? The pics of serving sizes look bigger than the usual VLC products?

Oh no Tipp no heating at work?! Surely they need to send you home when that happens???

The chicken and cauli bake sounds lovely.

@ladyfelsham Took a pic tonight of Huel Sweet and Sour and as you can see the portion size is nothing like what they show on their website.

Attachments

• MWSnap577 2021-01-02, 17_04_39.jpg
    MWSnap577 2021-01-02, 17_04_39.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 8
Good morning all and welcome to a new year and a new me and a new you. Today is day one of kickass this year.
Had lovely food and wine new years eve and new years day. Yesterday was trying to work our way through the leftovers. A little bit of that today too as i have lots of cooked veg left as well as chicken and duck carcass. Will be making soup so wont be strictly on plan today.
Plan is ketoish, as in no sugar and limit carbs but wont be weighing everything. No weekday wine and some daily exercise. Also 16 hour fasting. I have a good few meal ideas and in particular some good batch cook and freeze ones. These are great ss a quick and nutritious meal when i come in from work. Soups are working well for work lunch but i seem to be getting stuck in a ham and cracker routine with them so need to find something to go with it. I like texture so if having soup i want something crunchy to go with it. So go to work with just some tea, eat at break, walk at lunch and eat dinner when i come home. Then i just need something to occupy me in the dark evenings while watching TV when its normally time for wine and nibbles. Its too dark to sew so might get my knitting out again. Im looking forward to the evenings getting brightet, im really not a winter person.

I need to sort out some proper exercise. I know from experience that diet alone does not work for me. Due to my hip i havent been walking at all. I seem to have about a good hour of use every day so if that's already gone to housework or standing while cooking then i cant walk. With xmas over though once the decorations are all down i dont have any bulk weekday housework to do so planning a lunchtime walk. But need to also fit in something else to tone up. Maybe some morning yoga or stretches. I do keep planning that but never quite get to it. And a weekend cycle would be great too, well an everyday cycle would but that will have to wait for evening daylight.

Im really missing swimming, with lockdown the pool has been closed. It was open for a while during covid but the criteria too strict to suit me.

Ive actually been looking at never ending pools. They look amazing and im sure they cost an absolute fortune (price conspicuously absent from website) but with travel banned anyway no money needs to be saved for holidays. But still just wishful thinking. My other option, much much cheaper, is to get a winter wetsuit and swim in the lake. Its 4km away so within my 5km travel limit. Ive often gone with the kids to splash around in but never actually swam in it. Hmm maybe now is the time.

Ive also done my first shopping of the year. Ive bought seeds, tomato and courgette to be precise. I went through my seed box and this is all i needed. It will be time to get planting again.
New years day dinner included colcannon with garden kale, courgettes grown cooked and frozen this summer, parsely sauce with fresh picked parsely from the polytunnel, tomato soup made with september picked tomatoes and apple tart with homegrown apples. Not bad.

And with the shops all closed again and brexit we need to think carefully about online shopping. Amazon UK is a no. Next and H&M ship from the UK as annoyingly does IKEA. But I imagine IKEA will sort that out soon. I think M&S may be UK too. We will just get whacked with charges on everything, though we know some of the larger retailers are looking at this.
More money saved for my pool so😂

Last edited:
Ok so that's me all caught up. The only thing left to do is to get up and weigh myself and take some measurements and report back here 🙄🤞

Sounds like you've been hard at work again - af happy birthday again! :). Love that you've gorwn so much food to then eat, really brill. Wish i had a green thumb.

Re the pool - a friend of mine bought a cheap outdoor pool, less than £100 I think - and then got a jet stream thing to attach to it that kept her swimming in one position. As far as i can remember, she loved it.

Re evenings - I keep myself occupied by reading at my laptop using Borrowbox - it's the app/online website for libraries. I can whizz through a cozy mystery in no time, and if I'm tired but want to keep reading, I can open the app on my iPad.

I do love TV in the evenings, it's more to keep to keep my hands occupied to stop me reaching for wine and crisps.

Stats all updated on my diary page and will copy them to here in a minute.

Cooking all done and getting ready to go out for a walk. Had stir fry sprouts with 1 1/2 sausages and a fried egg at 1pm so a 17 hour fast. I've a soup made for husband with duck stock, the rest of the courgette Provencal and meatballs for husband. I've made a ham, parsley and cream soup with ham stock. I've more chicken stock made and might make a soup base with it to freeze and then add skinny noodles to it when defrosted. I've learnt not to freeze the skinny noodles.

As promised, the stats 😮

Sunday 3rd January 2021

Weight 88.7kg
BMI 38.9
Chest 117cm
Waist 117cm
Thigh 62cm
Upper arm 42cm

Next weigh in Friday 8th Goal 88kg

I've opened an Easter weight loss challenge if anyone wants to join me. It is exactly 13 weeks to Easter so a chance to lose a decent amount.

Went for a 2km walk and I have to be honest it wasn't comfortable, I've gotten so unfit. I also did some Qigong exercise. I've never heard of it before, I stumbled on it while looking for Yoga. It's similar to Tai Chi but focusses more on energy lines or Qi. So I did one for flexibility. It was enjoyable and one movement I struggled with, I can't balance on one leg. I will give it a go and try to do it regularly. There is a program for blood cleansing and I woul like to try that. It's presented online by Brother Insight, an Eastern monk. My calves are sore now.

Dinner just finished, the ham and parsley soup, a mashed avocado and some battered baked fish chunks. I've also had 2 Lily O Brien chocolates and am now trying to get my husband to finish the box.

Yep, it's just Ratatouille without the aubergine. It's a great way to use the summer courgettes for winter, courgette on its own wouldn't freeze well or taste nice.

Morning, well i seemed to have a good sleep. Im offwork today, i took a day off for my birthday snd so glad to only have a 4 day week. In fact i think every week shoild be only a 4 day working week, i really struggle with 5. It is something i am looking at but have to do one year in this job first before i can apply for that.
Need to do some shopping and cooking today and need to empty out lots of bits from the fridge. Also want to go for a walk and maybe some more Qigong. Also planned on some sewing, i need more facemasks, and want to make new sitting room cushion covers fir when the xmas ones go. And finally lotd to do in the polytunnel. Ive at least 4 days work there not one,, 😂
I suppose i should start by getting out of bed.

Just back from a walk and it's minus 5 out......so cold and ice on the roads. Did 2.25km, a little further than yesterday. Off to sort out my kitchen and get a shopping list sorted before I eat. Going to try a pizza base recipe from Diet doctor.

So I used the diet doctor pizza base. It had coconut flour, psyllium husk, olive oil and water so not an egg and cheese based one. The recipe said it serves 2 but I found it a bit much and it would have made 3 pizzas. I topped it with what I had, sausages peppers and sheep's cheese. It was a bit dry and could have done with a tomato sauce which I just didn't have it and would have upped the carb value. Smaller thinner base and a scraping of sauce would have improved it.

I've ham and parsley soup left for today's dinner now and possibly egg mayonnaise and a brogie

i think every week shoild be only a 4 day working week, i really struggle with 5. It is something i am looking at but have to do one year in this job first before i can apply for that.
Oh my goodness yes, i agree completely - and it's something I'd like to consider if i get the job I'm currently contracting in.

I remember trying the Diet Doctor naan bread, which was quite errm 'crunchy' from the husks, didn't really like it TBH but it was such a faff making them that I felt duty bound to eat them!

And wowser I am in awe of you going out for a walk when it was so cold!

Yep it was icy out all right but I felt better for it and the dog loved been out. I didn't get any Qigong or stretching or any other exercise done. Still a little stiff from yesterday and also spent a good few hours in the kitchen so feeling a bit sore. In bed now and have work tomorrow so hoping to wake up a bit earlier and do some form of exercise in the morning then maybe walk at lunchtime.

Back