Tipperary wobbles into 2024

Thanks @Simone45 , I was happy to wear the boots. I think I said before my aim is to strut and right now I'm stuck at a waddle. Well I felt like strutting was achievable today. Well done on ordering the lunch for tomorrow, with covid there is so little we can do for work celebrations, at least ordering in lunch seems to have some sense of normality.
Lunch today was a burger, green beans and salad leaves followed by a digestive. Dinner was a small piece of breaded chicken, 2 cracottes with Philadelphia and salad leaves. Lots of water and peppermint tea. No walk at all but I did have a jiggle.
I'm uncomfortably full with trapped wind now for some reason, I'm wondering was the chicken just turning. It tasted fine but has been in the fridge a few days.

Brava for no to cheesecake and pink boots! I'm hoping I'll be in the stylish (and extra wide) blue gumboots I bought and have never worn by the end of this year.

These photos aren't great but will give you an idea

View media item 4910
View media item 4911
View media item 4912
Photo one is how the table is today, photo two is Xmas, you will see the runner is the same. Photo 3 is halloween, the pumpkins came from the garden and if you look closely you will see teeny dark green ones on the plates. I've ordered brightly coloured mats and napkins as I have lots of white dishes to contrast with them. The problem is all of these need to be stored somewhere.

Stylish! I particularly love the blue in the first pic.

Morning, well I'm a teeny bit up on last week but am happy enough with that as was lowwr the weekend. I'm going to count it as a STS . My food and exercise diary was finished and I couldn't find the new ones I had bought. So I've used just a regular diary and started from today. I've been thinking of takeaway all week, but gastro pub style. However now I think I will just have tapas style salady things.

Last edited:
Hi tipp! Hope you’re well. I’ll catch up on your diary when I’m feeling well enough x

I love your table styles and you're right our tables are just dumping grounds unless they're set. It's a nice thing to focus on.

I'd love a pic of the pink boots too! Glad you were able to wear them.

Ah, thanks all. I have a thing for shoes and have a huge collection of them, mostly high heels though and just havent been able to walk in them. Its due to fat feet, wobbly body, sore hip, being unfit and just too bloody old. Anyway, after the success of the pink boots i tried a few more on today but had no luck with them. My work colleagues have only seen me in doc style boots so the pink ones were a revelation to them

Wow @tipperary those photos are amazing thanks. Im jealous of your huge windows and all the beautiful light coming through.
You're right to dress the table. A room light that deserves to be enjoyed 😉

I've seen a few of your boots as youy've bought them @tipperary - and you are doing really well on LC so it won't be long before the pik boots are joined by your other lovely footwear! x

Thanks Simone, that room is in the middle of the house so you have to go through it to get anywhere. It's also where the front door and back door are so the first part of the house anyone sees.

Thanks Susie. In my last job I had a bit of a walk from the car park to the office so was mostly wearing flats. I'd love to wear my heels again. My ankles always seem swollen though and don't look so good in them.

Hi all, I've started a new thread for anyone interested in growing food and cooking it and how it fits into your meal plan. Find it here.

Hi all , so guess what I did today😀. I spent the day sewing linens for the table. I have a lot of scraps of fabric and also also lovely linens, both project leftovers and some never used. I made 12 table mats out of some ikea fabric that I made curtains from. The background is cream and the pattern is a duck egg blue, a dark lilac and a custard yellow. It's a large pattern so each one is different so gives me scope to contrast with a few napkin colours. Then I had some linens in blues that I used to make a seaside quilt with years ago. So I made a runner and 12 napkins out of 3 fabrics. Now I want to try them all out. I got to catch up on all my podcasts while doing it and (mostly) stayed away from food.
Food today was ok, I had an omelette, sausages and coleslaw at about 11am. A packet of crisps at about 3pm. Chicken and coleslaw at 8pm. And a glass of wine at 9pm while in the polytunnel listening to more podcasts. I've also had 3 squares of dark chocolate through the day, more than usual but not bad for a Saturday.
My ankles are very swollen and are getting sore because of it. I've been doing some of Dr Jo's exercises for them but if anyone can think of anything to help them please let me know.

I always have puffy ankles so I'd be interested as well.

Your sewing projects sound lovely I'm sure they will look beautiful on your table.

Thanks Chilli, I've already set the table, a beach theme. Will take a photo later. I'm surprised how many bits I have around the house. I remember a few years ago horse chestnut gel was recommended for swollen ankles. But right now I think it's a total detox and lymph drainage I need

Yesterday was a nice Sunday, bright but bitterly cold. Spent the norning setting the table then had breakfast about 11am. 2 rashers, white pudding, fried egg and coleslaw. Went to town and bought grow bags and bowls. Did the ironing and tidied up all the sewing bits in my office. I also tidied up the table linen press and checked what i have
I washed and ironed the white linen napkins i had, some where stained and some just grey but all now are sparkling white and crisply ironed. Its the little things that make us happy😊. I planned on sitting in the garden for a while butbit was bitterly cold so instead i sat in the polytunnel. I brought a book and a glass of sparkling water but to br honest i just sat back and closed my eyes and listened to the birds. Dinner was early, baked breaded cod and hunmous. Then watched telly, ate an Easter egg and drank red wine.
And now its Monday and back to work😢

Back