Tipperary wobbles into 2024

Morning all, hope you are all doing well and managed to get some nice weather this weekend, it was very changeable here. I managed to get quite a bit of work done in the polytunnel. Nothing in the garden itself and nothing in the house ( I now have 3 weeks of ironing to do and clean laundry to put away). But glad I can see a change somewhere. I now have 34 out of 40 tomato plants planted in there permanent spot. The polytunnel needs some weeding but it's looking good now.
Work, well work so bad it's silly. Firstly the sort of temp boss I had that was helping out is finally leaving. We are hugely understaffed and a lot of it will fall to me to do, it's a position 3 pay grades above mine. We are now missing 3 senior management staff. Secondly, we had no IT systems on Friday and no idea when they will be back. I got my office clean but don't know if we can limp along any longer.
Ah, my shopping. I only managed to spend €50 of the €100 in the shop. Everything was much too expensive. The things on sale they didn't have a proper selection of. And I desperately needed to use the bathroom. And due to covid it wasn't open. And if I left the shop I wouldn't have got back in. So I ended up with 4 smelly candles, very nice and very extravagant candles that were on sale. And a sort of fancy vase/bottle/thingy that I really liked but would never buy. I will go back as buy socks with the rest for my husband.
Table this week was very soft and very muted and very simple,not my style at all but looks good. I never got any sewing done so didn't get the fabric mats made.

Now that I've got the waffle out of the way.

I need to get control of myself. I'm using every excuse to not hold myself accountable. I'm just rushing through the week to get to the weekend were not only do I not have work but can have lots of wine. And that leads to bad food choices. I've tried to reign it in this weekend a bit, not Friday but on Saturday and Sunday.
I need a clean week, I need a good week. I need to get some exercise. My hip only holds out for a small amount of housework and gardening that I haven't been walking at all. And that exercise bike I bought, well it moved to it's permanent location and hasn't been used since.
So it's back to being strict on intermittent fasting and as few carbs as I can get away with. So starting with NO TOAST and the NO WEEKDAY WINE. I don't think I have it in me to have no wine at all at the weekends but will be stricter on myself. I have a batch of meatballs cooked for lunches this week and will cook green beans to go with them or mashed avocado. I also have some chicken to cook this evening. I fancy chicken and pepper stir fry but then want to put something sweet with it like sweet chilli sauce or a black bean sauce. I might just try soy sauce and cashews, we will see.
I didn't have any dinner yesterday, well crackers, cheese and Rancheros at about 5pm so I won't make it all the way to lunchtime without something. So have Philadelphia and cracottes for 11pm.
My office/sewing room/exercise room/ironing room/ place I keep all my table stuff needs a big tidy and sorting. So I am hoping to do some of that after work. I'm waiting on my husband to assemble a new table for it, that parts of which have been in his van for over a week.
Plan is to go for a walk or cycle each day, not very far and not very fast but something to get my circulation moving.
Weight is up to 84kg exactly. That's 1.4kg over my last weigh in which is quite a while ago. My body is tired of this fluctuating and I'd say my skin and wobbly bits have just given up now trying to pull back in.

That's me for now, as usual when I try to stay focussed I will probably be in and out of here all day

Its me, im back. Showered, dressed and ready for work. Im wearing my new Gudruns Joden dress. I went to take a photo but the mirror is so covered in dust you couldnt see. Its actually a tunic and baggy style but im so short its a dress. But looks like maternity wear when buttoned up so im wearing it open as an overdress over a short sleeves cotton jersey dress, which may actually be a nightdress, who knows.
I want a similar second one but they are pricey. So, when i go below 80kg i will buy the second one. And in large instead of extra large
Now, thats me with a plan.
Off to work to see what mess is in store for the day.
Take care

Last edited:
Back again. Had the cracottes n cream cheese at 11am and have had 4 meatballs,half an avocado and some peanuts now for lunch. Had tea a two digestives too.
I've looked up Gurdruns Joden to check the second dress and she has a new collection out. So I have book marked 3 items I like and once I get to 80kg will pick one item. I've also gone online to Dunne's Stores to get items to go with them so a white linen shirt, a white t shirt and white linen cropped trousers. They won't be cropped on me, more ankle grazers. I've ordered a 14 and a 16 and can return in store whichever doesn't fit. We still can't try on clothes in store so this works out better. And our local store is very small and doesn't have a decent selection. That will be my "summer work uniform". They linen trousers and a colourful tunic/dress/top over it.

Last edited:
As you know I like to use Instagram, I'm not really into following celebrities on it, more food and gardening people. Anyway I found a TV presenters site that I like. It's about very body positivity and laughing at the fake bodies of the like of the Kardashians, particularly Kim. It's Nadia Sawalha's page. She has "twinning"photos of herself and Kim Kardashian, absolutely hilarious and great to see someone putting their body out there wobbly bits and all, well worth a look.

Last edited:
I don't really use insta, but might have a look, I like Nadia sawalha, and can't stand the kardashians lol.

I like your plans, I think using clothes as a 'reward' is a great idea (I'm doing that too in my own way)

As for the wine, I'm not meaning this in a judgy way but it does seem to be a big deal for you, If you can keep it to one night that might work ok, but if not it might be worth trying a month without and seeing the difference it might make to your overall decision making and health.

Well done on getting back in focus @tipperary - that's sometimes half the battle.

Whenever Jim from the Minis Atkins thread (he was sort of the big daddy of the group and lost 12 stone on induction eating) put a few pounds back on, as he still liked to go to his 'carby cafe' as he called it, he would do strict protein and green veg cooked in oil - and that was it, nothing else - and the weight dropped off him quickly. I know men are annoying different in how they lose weight compared to us - but maybe something really strict like that might be worth trying for a few days - no cracottes, no fruit, no vino, etc - and see how you get on?

Re the table setting, I love the one you posted - that's more my colour scheme. Will also look up Nadia Sawalha's insta too, she is very down to earth.

Thanks Susie and Chilli I. And no Chilli, not judgy at all. Wine is a lifestyle thing with me. My husband is French and would have a glass of wine almost every evening. The problem is I don't have his French genes and it makes me want food and I get very hungry. And there begins a viscous circle. Anyway, no weekday wine is the plan.

Just had dinner, a flattened chicken breast sprinkled with oregano and some curry powder and fried in butter and olive oil. It was lovely and succulent and tasty. I've had garlic green beans to go with it. And I've also had a square of dark chocolate. I'm having sparkling water and hopefully will drink a litre of it.
Doing good with the water today and think I will end up having drank 2.5litres.

Last edited:
Have started clearing out the office and husband and son are putting the table together now for me, happy with a start.

Yesterday rounded out with 5 mugs peppermint tea, 2.5 litres water, 2 digestives, 1 square dark chocolate, 4 squares milk chocolate, 3 cracottes with Philadelphia, meatballs, avocado, peanuts, chicken, green beans. Happy enough with that and scales going in the right direction today.

I've caught up now with everyone's posts, I may not have commented but I have caught up.

And I know I mentioned Nadia Sawahla, she put up great post last night, what she actually looks like and when a person is airbrushed. It really shows how far from reality all those celeb pictures that we see are and how they show us a warped view of reality. And here is an example of how strong the power of celebrity is. Up until yesterday I had never typed the word Kardashian, I've never had a reason too. I typed Kard and predictive text did the rest, on a word I have NEVER typed. That's scary.

Anyway, will talk later.

Having lunch now, meatballs and green beans. And i even have some salad leaves picked from the garden. I had 2 brogies and Philadelphia at 11am and 2 digestives. But once im back into fasting mode proper it will just be 2 meals a day, 1pm and 6pm.

Last edited:
Can't stand that woman. Don't know why she feels the need to 'copy' Kardashian. That pic she has with all the other women from Loose Women doesn't look real as if you look she hardly has any bumps or wobbles yet ones that was posted last week showed her cellulite and wobbly bits...

Well Tuesday beat me. I had planned chicken for dinner with some cheese but also had bread and wine and watched some Grey's Anatomy.
It was just a tough day at work, and not just for me, the whole department is under severe pressure. I've been advised that my job spec should actually be upgraded two pay grades due to the work I am been asked to do, managment rather than clerical or admin. Sounds good, actually get paid for the responsibility that I have. BUT as a new start I don't qualify for the upgrade, it's annoying. Some of the work can genuinely be life and death ( yesterday I had to review a death and check all procedures from our end were followed) so I'm not going to throw a strop and say no that's not my job to do. It's just hard as it's not the simple clerical role I applied for.

Anyway, let's see how today will go. I have meatballs and green beans for lunch again and the last of the chicken for dinner probably with fried spinach. If I have a car I've to drive to the city to get some shopping in TK Maxx ( simple joys, the shops are open). If I have the van (husband's van, my car in the garage) I will come straight home and water the polytunnel.
I ordered some clothes from Dunne's Stores online on Monday and they arrived yesterday, less than 24 hours. White linen and cotton to go with my bright tunics. I ordered trousers in 14 and 16 and happy to report the 14 fits. I've never really been a size 16 in trousers but some styles of 14 are just too snug on my big belly. These are elasticated waist so just perfect on me. Also have a white linen top and a plain white t shirt. Being returned are the size 16 trousers and a fancy t shirt that was a back up if the top didn't suit.
First world problems, I can't get through to my hairdresser 🙄 . I'm ok for a few weeks but still keen to make an appointment.

That just does not make sense about your job! Yes, you're a new starter - but they obviously trust you, look at the level of responsibility you're doing, and you should be paid accordingly...have you considered talking to the union?

Great news on the clothes, that was a quick delivery.

Its a very senior management decision. The union would just advise a work to rule which means stuff wont get done. Ive been given good advice here by some other department managers and told to sit tight as things take so long that by the time decisions are made i will qualify.😊

Staying focussed today, scales almost shows the gain clawed back. But last nights bread and wine will not show until tomorrow. Had brogies and philadelphia at 11am and the meatballs and green beans just now. But have also had 2 shortbread fingers. I needed something crunchy but also a little sweet to get rid of the curry taste from the meatballs. Drinking lots of water too, that helped yesterday i think.

Hope ye all all doing well and staying focussed

Last edited:
Doing well today. Dinner was last of the chicken, some fried spinach and some courgette relish. I made the relish last summer, it has some sugar in it so I had some as a condiment rather than a side dish. It was lovely. Have had 2.5l of water today and will try for some more.

So yesterday ends up as
11am 2 brogies with Philadelphia
1pm meatballs with green beans, 2 shortbread fingers
6pm chicken breast and buttered spinach, courgette relish
2 squares dark chilli chocolate
5 mugs peppermint tea
2.5 litres water
Not perfect but a lot better than it has been. A very small loss on the scale this morning, I'm hoping the bread and wine from Tuesday night have now been accounted for and I get some sort of a loss to officially count tomorrow.

Storm out here now so not sure what I'm wearing yet. I might try my blue trousers that I used to wear when I worked in the airport. I tried them yesterday and they are a teeny bit snug at the waist but I think ok.

Back