Tipperary wobbles into 2024

Good idea. Or maybe get a float and kick kegs - no arms instead.

I don't really use my legs while swimming as it hurts my hip. The day off won't do my body any harm. I usually only go 4 times a week anyway and have today and tomorrow booked.
I don't think I will have a loss this week, even a STS will be hard to do. My body just seems to be having a rest. Though I am feeling smaller and feeling a bit fitter too. I think my arms are toning up a little, they are still massive but not as big as they have been. I wasn't great yesterday I had a sandwich,a packet of crisps, chocolate and wine. Not exactly foods suitable for shrinking. I will just have to do !y best to flush as much as I can out today with lots of water. I'm working from home today so easy to do.
Can't remember if I said it but I've had a non scale victory, I can now fit in chainstore bras 😅 Happy days

I'm back on the green tea. I realised it's a while since I've made any, just too lazy. I'm having green tea with seaweed and mint today.

I think the green tea is working, i havent stopped peeing

It's silly o clock and I'm awake and it's roasting hot. Lots of green tea yesterday and lots of water. Breakfast at 11am was hard-boiled egg, cheese, ham, tomato and cracottes. I made soup with more tomatoes and some coconut milk and had a bowl at 4pm. Went swimming at 6pm and had time to do 28 lengths and a jacuzzi. Then for dinner I cooked 4 sole goujons but only got to eat 3 as Oscar decided he wanted one. One square of dark chocolate and that was me done. I feel full of wind now, unusual if I haven't had bread or pasta. I think I've eaten too many tomatoes. I haven't been eating any at all on my keto approach but didn't want to waste what I grew. That's possibly why I haven't be showing a loss this week. Another 2 weeks and tomato season will be done.
I have the pool booked for 1pm but will see how work goes. I have a few days off next week so need to make sure everything is up to date and desk clear before I finish this evening.

Me again, i managed to go back asleep but only after opening the window and cooling the room down. About to find my scales but really not expecting much

I ended up with a perfect stay the same and happy enough with that

We are still in green tomato territory here in Norfolk - mostly grey and overcast and several days of really strong wind! So I am jealous of your tomato glut!

I did get them in nice and early and they are growing in a polytunnel. They are about 2 weeks earlier than last year.
In bed now and not only is it the weekend but I have a few days off. Had a sandwich today and crisps for lunch and then dinner was oven chips and a fried egg. Neither were good choices but Im not going to be hard on myself for a few days, just go with the flow.

The flow is towards the beach - ocassional ebbs out and consistent progress makes this sustainable.

Hi all, still off work for a few days so routine is totally out of sync and im eating random things at random times. Taking a break from diet and exercise and will be back on track nexr week when work becomes normal again.

Hi all, time just ran away from me. So much to do while not a work. Back on track today and trying a gentle detox for a week or so. Started this morning with artichoke juice shot. Lunch at 12:30 was homemade tomato soup, a hard boiled egg and 2 brogues. Two digestives at 4pm. I've been drinking water with chia seed in it, supposed to suppress hunger and add fibre and minerals to the diet. I made a big mixed salad for dinner and it has enough for the next 2 days lunches. Like a cross between a chicken ceaser salad and a coleslaw. Salad leaves, chopped cabbage, small amount of grated carrot, chopped peppers, bacon pieces, toasted cashews all mixed together with Greek yogurt and lime juice. Then topped with grilled chicken tossed in an all purpose seasoning, tastes delicious. Need to sort out my bag for swimming tomorrow.

Morning, my body clock is all out of sync so need to reset it. I'm working from home today so going to go for an early swim and then get stuck into work. Food I imagine will be similar to yesterday minus the digestives hopefully. I'm trying to up my intake of keto friendly veg, up my protein but less cheese or dairy...I ate so !much of that last week. I would also like to reduce my amount of eggs cooked with fats. So less omelettes with cheese and more simple boiled eggs. I'm trying for 2.5L of water a day but to do that it means less herbal tea which for me is really just luke warm water so is really a water substitute anyway. I also need to adjust when I drink my liquids, I've been up to the loo twice already during the night. But that means the artichoke juice has started doing its job.

Swam 20 lengths at 8:30 and started work 9:30. Glad I did as it was a nice start to the morning. Had a hard-boiled egg and hree cracottes at 11:30, not what I planned but was hungry and was stuck on a frustrating task so knew it was time for a rest and to come back at it with fresh eyes. I'm having a soup break now, a bowl of homemade tomato soup, lovely and creamy with tinned coconut milk in it. Then I have the mixed chicken salad for later, or might just have chicken and avocado, will see how I feel.

Hello sweetie - caught up with a few weeks of Life with Tipp, and blimey you've got it all going on at work again! I think the idea of the stress of it all going straight to your hip is bang on - but love that swimming is helping. And go you in your skinny jeans!

I was just reading about a local woman here who was 40 stone and started wild swimming in the sea with a local club - and has lost 16 stone in a year. What I found truly inspiring is that she is pictured in bikinis - and she's a big woman - but she has overcome her body image issues because she says the swimming has saved her life. Really amazing, it takes real guts to do that, and she's been showered with praise, quite rightly - https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/real-life-stories/mum-who-heavy-couldnt-walk-24917477

Re the wind, I get that from green tea, so tend to stick to peppermint tea these days.

Hi Susie, ive just read that story, thanks for sharing. I agree with her when she said it doesnt matter your size water will hold you, its so true. The pool i go to has a huge amount of older people, infirm people and very large people who go. And once in the water everyone is equal. I would say for many of them it is the only movement at all they get to do. I admire her in the bikini, im not there yet but have never been a bikin fan. But have no problem being in public in my swimsuit.

Morning all, weight up this week but i knew it would be. And i can honestly say its wine weight. Foodwise i have been quite good this week except for yesterday when i had cake at work for some reason. Just have to try harder.

Thanks, well despite having put some on i am wearing a dress that i last wore summer 2019. Its a very simple knee lenght linen dress but has been one of my favourites. It was still a bit tight under arms and along the bra line across my back. These are the areas i was hoping swimming would help, so it has worked.

Hi Tipp, I've just been catching up as well. You're doing great getting back on track and fab news you've got help at work now too!

I read the post about your Grandson, and I just want to mention that it isn't necessarily the sentence you think it is. There are many who function well in society regardless. Indeed some find a niche that fits and manage to thrive. Some tech companies are actually actively recruiting people with Autism and ADHD because they know their brains work differently and they WANT the different ideas and thinking processes that these individuals can bring.

He sounds like a great kid, hold on to that and let him be who he is, I think too many people try to mould their kids and grandkids into what society would want, thinking they need to fit, but actually they are generally better being allowed to be different. To be loved just as they are (I know you will do that) We need to help them understand how to work alongside the rest of us, and we need to help the rest of us understand how to work alongside them. It's a two way thing that will gradually improve through time.

I know ADHD isn't the same, but knowing about it and learning about it, learning how to understand completely changed my relationship with my daughter. She was 13 by the time she was diagnosed and really I didn't think we would ever be close, we just couldn't get along. Her diagnosis and our learning and working to understand each other really changed things for both of us and we have a lovely relationship now, I'm really grateful.

I hope you get all the help you guys need to help him as soon as possible.

Back