Tipperary wobbles into 2024

perhaps just add them to your water during your non-fasting hours. Hope the wedge cushions help if you can get them

perhaps just add them to your water during your non-fasting hours. Hope the wedge cushions help if you can get them

And that is so startingly simple. Bit I have found for my overall digestive comfort it's best to have them early and away from meals. I keep going for a while and see if I think it's causing any issues. Went for a swim yesterday evening and glad I did as it's set me up nicely to go back today and be comfortable in the pool.

I was doing a wardrobe clear through yesterday and was trying some clothes on I haven't worn in a while and showing them to darling husband. I've decided some of them look absolutely fine to wear. I was avoiding them cos they show I have a big belly but so what, here I am and here is my big belly. I'm fed up wearing tents to hide it. Mostly summery things so hoping for a few more warm weekends.

Good on you Tipperary, it's great to come to that realisation that we don't have to hide. In any case clothes that fit tend to be more flattering than cover ups so you'll probably not realise you look better :)

Hope the swim goes well today

Thanks. I only did 12 lengths but it's better than none and I felt it on my arms.

Urrgh, so annoyed by husband, I haven't been sleeping great with the pain. I feel fine going to bed but after about 30 minutes wake up as no matter what way I sleep it hurts and I spend the night trying to get comfortable. I'm trying to figure out which works best, paracetamol or ibuprofen. So sent husband to buy some. Well we have ended up with every bl00dy version of both except the original, we have super, extra, with caffeine, with codeine, soluble, coated...anything except what he was sent to buy and none of which I can take. It's like Tim the tool man Taylor on TV...we need MORE power. Nope, I just need the original one which is the right strength...men???

Oh dear I guess he was just trying to cover all the bases!

Hope you found something that helps - paracetemol is supposed to be gentler on the tum, I take it 4 times a day for RLS and no trouble so far.

Ha Susie, nope it was more of a "if that works, this will work better". He is like that with everything, he knows best. It doesn't matter what I send him to buy from a tin of coconut milk to a night away in a hotel (this week's examples 😂). Anyway, looks like we are both awake. I managed to sleep from 1am to 4am, hopefully I might doze for another hour before 7.30.

Hi all,just popping in to say hello and catch up with everyone's news. I've been reading through your posts and you have been a busy bunch.
I've been mad busy at work,more changes and more staff shortages, it means I haven't had as much time to post. Also haven't had as much time to look after myself as I should. My hip is quite bad and I'm using a crutch the whole time now. I'm waiting on an MRI for it. But it wears me down and makes me tired, I come home from work, eat dinner and fall asleep. Then seem to be awake at 4am. Unlike some of you I can't actually get up and do stuff as I have a house full of people still sleeping.
Haven't weighed in the past 2 weeks and not going to worry about it for a while, at least not until I can walk properly agaib.
Chat later

Oh Tipp you take good care of yourself hun - it's all so madly busy for you. How long until the MRI?

Buy a lottery ticket and I'll send lots of winner's vibes for you! xx

think sometimes we just need to concentrate on getting through a hard time Tipperary, sorry to hear you're still in so much pain :( I send you get well wishes x

Thanks all. I've sent the referral for the MRI to 3 hospitals,just a case of waiting.

Sending you love, Tip. I hope you get that MRI soon.

Morning all. Well after waiting 2 of the hospitals got back to me to say they dont do the type of MRI i need. So hopefully the third one does.

morning Tipp, nice to see you.

Sorry you're still not moving on yet, fingers crossed for the third hospital. Should your consultant not have referred you to the right place? or at least pointed you in the right direction?

I'm not familiar with this idea of having to find access to your own MRI. Where I am you get referred and usually it's the same hospital albeit after a wait. I'm on a border so I could actually go to one of 2 hospitals, but they seem fairly clear about what they are able to do. It isn't without flaw obviously.

Sorry you're still not moving on yet, fingers crossed for the third hospital. Should your consultant not have referred you to the right place? or at least pointed you in the right direction?
Yep, if i went to my GP he would have made the referral. Nearest available if public or given me a choice if private. But i couldnt get an appointment with my consultant (who would have arranged it in his own hospital) so tried to move things quicker by going to a private walk in clinic. They could have sent the referral to the nearest private hospital but knew there was at least a 7 week waiting list so gave it to me to give me the option to try a few hospitals. I live in a rural area so will be travelling regardless. If i hear nothing by Monday i will start making calls to Dublin.
Im hobbling along on a crutch still. If i keep the weight of it im fine, no pain or discomfort. But once i go to use it the pain comes back.
Getting older is great fun😂

Back