Tipperary wobbles into 2024

@AliGal first time I grew them in a kit, ended up giving plants away as they all grew lol. Now I just buy the blocks of dehydrated soil/compost, pots and seeds. The trick I think is having a sunny windowsill and one of those little propogator (I think that's what they're called) to keep the heat in. Last time I grew from seed I just used a plastic tub over the pot. Once they're growing I use chilli focus plant food following the instructions on the tub, and water them when the soil feels dry. I think historically I was guilty of overwatering things. I've even killed cacti. I've grown lots of different types, but at the moment I've stuck to one plant as it's only me that uses them here now. It's a cayenne plant I grew from seed last year it was a little project at the start of lockdown with my son, we also grew jalapenos and apache, but I gave those away. The cayenne works for me, I throw them in soup as well as chilli and curry dishes. I freeze the fruit as well, so this one plant has kept me going all winter, and it's fruiting well again now. I cut it back in winter but it never really stopped fruiting only slowed down.

Thank you so much. I've overwintered two plants. I think they needed more sun last year. I will prune them and get them back into the sunny window sill.

Yep sunny windowsill is the main trick I think, and the chillifocus plant food seems to make a difference as well.

I have chilli seeds and pepper seeds growing in the tunnel now so fingers crossed they are it to plant size.

Hi all, well yesterday didn't quite go as planned. Has breakfast as I said earlier and got lots of work done. Then the sun came out so I got ice cream for the kids to have in the garden, nope, I didn't have any. But then we all ended up in the garden drinking wine (those without ice cream that is). I had a slice of sourdough with cheese and a packet of crisps, and that became dinner, I didn't actually have a meal. Anyway, woke up this morning annoyed with myself and was ready to give up. I had decided to have sourdough toasted and scrambled egg as an early breakfast but instead I stood on the scale...and...😳 I had lost almost 2kg since yesterday's weigh in. Well I know that's not possible so one of the weigh ins is inaccurate. Though I am a bit neurotic about making sure the scale is in exactly the same place. Anyway, I may have a small loss and it really motivated me to be sensible today and try hard. So I went for a walk, well a ramble really as I had the dog and the 5 year old. Came back and had breakfast at 12.30. Same as yesterday, cheese omlette, spinach and a slice of ham. I've had lots of tea and just now a piece of dark chocolate. Off now to do some more gardening, it's dry now but looks like rain.It will be interesting to see what the scale shows tomorrow, the wine and bread will only show then.
Chat later

It stayed, the loss that is. Well I've lost the gain and a little bit more 0.6kg gone. It's Thursday but I am marking it now as I imagine in will gain again tomorrow. And I reckon that's me done now until after Easter. I didn't make my Easter goal, still 2.6kg to go. Yesterday was the exact same at Tuesday, same breakfast, same walk, same no dinner of sourdough and cheese and same wine in the garden. It seems the little bit of movement is helping rather than been stuck at a desk all day. Anyway off now for a jiggle and then I need to go shopping, no Easter eggs sorted yet.

Well done Tipp - a friend of mine swears by mixing things up a little bit in her LC approach, she says it keeps her body on its toes (so to speak) :D.

Enjoy your Easter!

Thanks all. I knew the Easter goal would be hard to reach but it would have brought me to a nice round number. But 6.1kg is a good amount, it's almost a stone at 13.5lbs. But to be honest I have no idea where it is gone from, I don't look or feel any different. I must get the tape measure out again.

Me again🙋
I've set up a Summer challenge as the Easter one is almost done, it here https://www.minimins.com/threads/minimins-summer-2021-challenge.368097/

I've set a goals for me to be 75kg. That's a 7.6kg loss by July 1st. I won't be quite beach ready by then but I will feel a lot more comfortable and will fit in my summer clothes. I've updated my ticker and added the extra goal to it and made it summer friendly.

Morning, popping in to catch up with everyone. I'm back at work and as usual after a break I hate my job and am in a bad mood. Weight up after the weekend, I had a lot of carbs but am back on plan now. Almost easier with the structure of a work day. Haven't slept great though the last 2nights and feeling a bit dizzy and lightheaded now.Hopefully work won't have any emergency a to deal with and I can just sit down and catch up.

Thanks, I've taken 2 paracetamol. I think it's just lack of fresh air and exercise back in a office environment

Last edited:
Hi all in bed now. Today wasn't too bad though had a bad headache and was very tired. But as I say I think it's just cos I'm back in an office which is not really where I want to be. No breakfast but also no morning jiggle,I just wasn't up to it. At 12:30 I had a burger,mashed avocado and salad leaves with olive oil. I had 3 digestives through the day including 2 after lunch which I took out to the car with a cup of tea for 30minutes peace. Dinner at 6:30 was some baked breaded cod and green beans. The I went for a walk with husband and dog, about 2.5km at a slow pace. I've been trying to up my water intake as I've noticed lately I haven't been having much and maybe that's the cause of the headache, or a contributor anyway.
It will be a very busy day tomorrow at work so I need a good night's sleep tonight. I'd got in a habit while off work of having a glass of wine on the couch and just falling asleep there and staying there. Now I'm finding it hard to actually go to bed and falling asleep. I either toss and turn or I fall asleep and about 3 minutes later my body just jerks awake, it's existing as it happens all night long. I haven't taken my vitamins in a week so started back on them this morning, hopefully the magnesium and B complex sort that out in the next few nights. I might leave out the vitamin D and echinacea now though. The sun is out so hopefully I get my vitamin D from that and cold and flu season is over, both were also my effort at protection from covid 19 but I'm hoping my first dose of the vaccine protects me from that.
I've been doing some retail therapy too (even though I can little afford it). I bought things that can hopefully bring joy. I LOVE when my dining table is set, I love when it looks welcoming . When it's not set it gets used as a dumping place for everything as we pass it by and it really bothers me. So I enjoy having it looking ready for a meal. And the rest of the family do comment that it looks good. Anyway, I've been watching Below Deck and got inspired by the table decor of one of the cast. So I've been busy assessing what linens we have and what plates and bowls. So just gone shopping on Amazon and bought table runners, place mats and napkins. And I have an idea for some coloured bowls and lanterns I want to buy in town. I have lots of plain white tableware as well as some candle holders and other nice linens so have plenty of selection now. I also have some lovely linen fabrics and will look at making some accessories this weekend (weather depending, good weather I wll be gardening).
I'm feeling lighter than I did this morning so hopefully that will be reflected on the scales tomorrow. As usual I'm p!aging catch up.
Chat tomorrow

Me again, a small NSV , I am wearing my pink boots. Ankle boots with a 2inch square heel and a zip up side. My ankles have been too swollen to wear them. Well they went on this morning and they are the first heels I have worn since March 10th 2020. Someone is leaving work and I have just refused cheesecake cos I need my boots to fit all day🤣

Good for you, great result in wearing your boots.
Your table sounds amazing. You should post a picture when you have it set with your new pieces. I for one would love to see it.
One of my team members is leaving tomorrow also and the pharmacy is full of assorted cakes and biscuits. Its a nightmare. Were ordering in lunch tomorrow and I picked the low fat option but it still feels like a threat so that will suit me instead of the sweets

Back